2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

I don't understand why "51" keeps being brought out as this very decrepit age where touring is a health hazard. The man is not old. Are you all so very young that this age seems really shockingly old? It's not. If he still enjoys touring his age won't enter into it. 51 is not old! This isn't the 1910s. We're all living to be pretty old. Let him keep being valid until he's truly incapacitated by age. That's a long ways off.

As Chas'n'Dave so memorably put it, "there ain't no pleasing you".
I'd love one big, TRULY FINAL farewell tour - a proper Judy Garland/Frank Sinatra evening of emotion and melodrama. And yes, 'Boxers', 'Sing Your Life' and 'Now My Heart Is Full' please. ;)

You may wish for a Judy/ Frank farewell but it would end up more like David Bowie's neverending farewell tour which I believe started in 1990. Or it could have been 1987. Not forgetting his junglist take on his more popular 70s hits

You may wish for a Judy/ Frank farewell but it would end up more like David Bowie's neverending farewell tour which I believe started in 1990. Or it could have been 1987. Not forgetting his junglist take on his more popular 70s hits

Er... I don't recall Bowie's 1987 or 1990 Tours ever being billed as a "Farewell/Retirement" tour. With regard to the 1990 Tour, I thought he just said something about never wanting to feel obliged to play the Hits after that (and arguably, he might not have produced Outside, Reality or the sublime Heathen if he had turned into an Elton John-like grotesque who felt obliged to play Space Oddity night after night for mindless nostalgists). The big irony with Bowie is that, despite your comments, he will slip away (has already slipped away?) quietly, with dignity and no fanfare. Sure Moz loves being onstage, he's often said that it's only when he's onstage that he feels truly alive, but he's hinting at retirement more and more, and he does share with Bowie that huge sense of personal dignity. There's no way either of them would risk turning into international laughing stocks like Jagger, McCartney, Elton, et al, but that said, Morrissey IS the Judy Garland <de nos jours> so inevitably his swansong will be high on melodrama. Personally, I can't wait - and I say that as a BIG Morrissey fan.

I saw Morrissey in Cambridge and my home town Stockholm last year and thoroughly enjoyed both. Its clear to all though that the man needs a rest. I agree with all those who say this.

I had a drink with Boz when he was in Stockholm last year. I was amazed to hear how gruelling it is to tour and how boring it can get. Sounds glam to all us fans but travelling Europe by bus and playing gigs must really take it out of you.

So rest up Moz and we'll see you wherever in 2011.

Didn't Status Quo anounce a farewell tour back in 1985(?) and yet appear to have toured every year since :rolleyes:

Hi Stockholme Ruffian, we were there for the Stockholm show last year and was so impressed with the city and it's people that we are going back for a short holiday in about five weeks time. :D

I`d love to hear new albums and am looking forward to tours, I want the boy happy so I`ll hope he is with all he needs and "returns" whenever he feels like it. For atmozsphere on forums you might want to check out the one mentioned in my signature.

Cheers

Quiffaa

I had a drink with Boz when he was in Stockholm last year. I was amazed to hear how gruelling it is to tour and how boring it can get. Sounds glam to all us fans but travelling Europe by bus and playing gigs must really take it out of you.
have a look at the tour video film "the road to god knows where" by nick cave...i wouldnt mind if moz ever releases a tour film like that

If I hear the word atmozphere one more time I'm going to effing punch something in the face. :straightface:

Amozing. Good luck against Ghana.

I'm starting to pay the price for going to my first 3 Moz gig's in short proximity of each other. 8 months on, and i'm now really starting to get annoyed by the lack of a tour :(.

Whispers of Dublin in December.
hmm someone posted recently that he contacted boz and boz know nothing about dates this year...

hmm someone posted recently that he contacted boz and boz know nothing about dates this year...

I have no idea about any live dates (though it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were some being organized,) but I'm pretty sure that Boz isn't going to spill the beans on facebook.

The Next moz tour is jan/feb 2011, from a reliable source on three seperate occasions. Once told to me in march, my friend a few weeks later and then to my friend again 2 weeks ago

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom