2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

What we should ask is what songs should Morrissey sing in his next tour? I'd like Morrissey to bring back some of his earlier solo stuff back, Girl Least Likely To or End of the family line in the gig list plz Morrissey! He hasn't done them b-sides for years and they're amazing songs!

Based on the end of year statement in December, as well as the song selections from the past 6 years, it seems that Morrissey is most proud of the last three LPs. I think future tours will mainly feature a familiar combination of Smiths, YATQ, ROTT, and YOR cuts, and their associated B-Sides. And whatever new stuff he may have, of course

However, I'm sure he will always dive back into the archives for the odd chestnut - but I wouldn't expect an Arsenal and Vauxhall-filled set list anytime soon. As for "End of the Family Line," I agree that this would be a great song to hear live, but Kill Uncle has been completely ignored (minus it's B-Side "The Loop") since 1991. In fact, I seem to recall a quote a few years back at a concert where someone yelled "Play something from Kill Uncle" to which our man replied "Not as long as blood runs through these veins!"

Of course, it was an off-the-cuff remark and things could change, but don't bet the farm on it.

Based on the end of year statement in December, as well as the song selections from the past 6 years, it seems that Morrissey is most proud of the last three LPs. I think future tours will mainly feature a familiar combination of Smiths, YATQ, ROTT, and YOR cuts, and their associated B-Sides. And whatever new stuff he may have, of course

However, I'm sure he will always dive back into the archives for the odd chestnut - but I wouldn't expect an Arsenal and Vauxhall-filled set list anytime soon. As for "End of the Family Line," I agree that this would be a great song to hear live, but Kill Uncle has been completely ignored (minus it's B-Side "The Loop") since 1991. In fact, I seem to recall a quote a few years back at a concert where someone yelled "Play something from Kill Uncle" to which our man replied "Not as long as blood runs through these veins!"

Of course, it was an off-the-cuff remark and things could change, but don't bet the farm on it.

I'm betting the same on this. Probably will cut WDYFOFY and add in something else that is older. I'm always up for hearing Sing Your Life or Mute Witness since I have not before, but I know that will never ever happen. Never.

I'd love to hear some things like Boxers and Lost too, but it'll probably be newer stuff, which is great too. My Dearest Love live?! Just tell me when and where.

man, this place is pretty boring without a tour or album.

Last edited:

^^^ yeh, but how do you think he'd feel if this site goes tits up whilst he disappears for a few months... I think we should just spread the love whilst he's gone!.... give him some encouragement for a return (to Glasgow please if you're reading).

seriously, it really sucks. every once in a while i'll feel bad for not having posted here and then i'll come and everything is pretty much exactly the same as last time. i love when this place is active.

Why do I always check this thread, when I know there's going to be no news. Jeez. :crazy:

Why do I always check this thread, when I know there's going to be no news. Jeez. :crazy:

Because people post, with nothing new to post, and it gets you all excited, and you HAVE to check in case.. :blushing::)

The 99-00 tour was great. Lots of different stuff in the mix. Plus I think that this was the tour that had the most changes.

yeah maybe... he said he never works out.

He must have done a few years back though. He can't have had such a drastically different physique between The Smiths and the 90's only by actually eating something. It wouldn't be the first time he's been economical with the truth!

As Chas'n'Dave so memorably put it, "there ain't no pleasing you". When Morrissey tours or releases new material, the Forum is full of "get off the stage, you're past it, take time off, the new material is not as good as the old"...and yet when he takes time off, everyone's clamouring for a new album or tour.

Personally, I could live without any more albums (look at the whole body of work from The Smiths to YOR: the man's legacy is assured, he has nothing whatsoever to prove), but I'd love one big, TRULY FINAL farewell tour - a proper Judy Garland/Frank Sinatra evening of emotion and melodrama. And yes, 'Boxers', 'Sing Your Life' and 'Now My Heart Is Full' please. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

As Chas'n'Dave so memorably put it, "there ain't no pleasing you". When Morrissey tours or releases new material, the Forum is full of "get off the stage, you're past it, take time off, the new material is not as good as the old"...and yet when he takes time off, everyone's clamouring for a new album or tour.

Personally, I could live without any more albums (look at the whole body of work from The Smiths to YOR: the man's legacy is assured, he has nothing whatsoever to prove), but I'd love one big, TRULY FINAL farewell tour - a proper Judy Garland/Frank Sinatra evening of emotion and melodrama. And yes, 'Boxers', 'Sing Your Life' and 'Now My Heart Is Full' please. ;)

Well said.

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom