2nd Hollywood Bowl date added (Nov. 11, 2017); Nov. 10 sold out

A second date has been added, according to Morrissey Official Facebook & Ticketmaster:

Sat 11/11 @ 7:30pm
Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA

Onsale to General Public
Tue 08/29/17 10:00 am PDT

Friday Nov. 10th is sold out! Thank you everyone. By overwhelming demand - a SECOND SHOW has been added Saturday Nov. 11. Tickets on sale Tuesday Aug. 29 10am pst. No pre-sale, no codes.

40624_hollywood_bowl_fb_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Things will be very quiet on the Skinny-front in the next few months. Until the first bad review, from anywhere, comes in and he will be all over it like the leecher he is.

Great way to start the - hopefully - world tour by two sold out shows at the bowl!

I did try to tell him. No one wants the Morrissey thing to hit the skids more than me, but he was wrong....yet he was so adamant

Fight touts?? WTF is wrong with you. Moz IS the ULTIMATE TOUT FFS. He has a sign glued on the freeway.
I dont really want to have to continue explaining to you how this all works and why night one and night two have in reality sold out.
I would advise you and your fellow Bots is to stick a "rob me" sing on your forehead and be done with it.
I mean, paying 1ooo dollars for tix they will be giving away the day before the show.... did you all inherit the thousand dollars ????

:laughing::rofl:

I will agree that us LA fans have not had to experience serial cancellations. I was wondering why he skipped LA-proper on his last round of touring ... perhaps he was planning this build up?

I think he'll probably sell out the 2nd night at the HB - tying what he did in 1992 - but what about a 3rd night? The Cure did it last year and Depeche Mode sold out 4 nights in October.

Yes but Depeche Mode are so relevant. A proper band with good pedigree. They just get on with it like the rest . None of this bullshit attention seeking nonsense that Steven throws around.
Well done Depeche Mode :clap: respect :bow: to Dave and the lads.
Steven couldn't sell out 4 nights at the Bowel if he raised Bowie from the dead to support him.
I sincerely hope Steve manages to release one final masterpiece but ! A betting man would wager a hefty wedge of wonga that it will be a steaming load of soggy horse manure. Why would it not be a pile of shit ? The only freshly added ingredient to the mixture is that Frankenstein lookalike left handed bass performing lawnmower part.
Steven is a CrankFraud and he always will be ! FFS ! The term " CrankFraud " was invented exclusively for him ( the best label he's ever had in my opinion :tiphat:)
The only fools now are the bots and debunking technology now points out that even their numbers are now in steady decline.

All Steve had to do if he really wanted chapter three to be successful was sack the Lawnmowers and pick up the phone. No I'm not talking about re-uniting The Jones's or whatever but a call to Alain would have been a very smart move :brows:.

Until November spawns a crock of shite and we all enjoy a laugh at Stevens pathetic attempts to get media interest in the build up, sleep hard and dream of a number one smash hit because it's the closest thing to Steven ever achieving it.

#Switzerland is mine
#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele
#Swiss cheese is the new Kerrygold Dubliner substitute

Benny-the-one-the-only-Britiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish-Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutcherrrrrrrrrrrrr:greatbritain::knife:

Fight touts?? WTF is wrong with you. Moz IS the ULTIMATE TOUT FFS. He has a sign glued on the freeway.
I dont really want to have to continue explaining to you how this all works and why night one and night two have in reality sold out.
I would advise you and your fellow Bots is to stick a "rob me" sing on your forehead and be done with it.
I mean, paying 1ooo dollars for tix they will be giving away the day before the show.... did you all inherit the thousand dollars ????

Please, please give yourself a name in future :pray: You deserve lots of hefty praise and back slapping :clap:

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Fact: he sold out the Bowl in no time.
Fact: Due to public demand a second date was announced right after.
Fact: the resellers won't make the profit they wanted, due to this cause there are enough official tickets available.
Fact: People, fans, or anybody who don't want the hassle with the resellers can ignore them completely.

If official prizes are considered too high, they can take a risk counting on enough tickets available for less then the official prizes but the resellers will have to take their loss.
All parties win from this except the touts.
Good strategy.

I don't care about relevance but Moz seems relevant enough to his hometown Moz Angeles.
Depeche Mode relevant? I just have had enough. I just have had enough. I just have had enough. :crazy:

Things will be very quiet on the Skinny-front in the next few months. Until the first bad review, from anywhere, comes in and he will be all over it like the leecher he is.

Great way to start the - hopefully - world tour by two sold out shows at the bowl!

Meanwhile ...

thats right, all facts. and the moon is made out of cheese.
i didnt such simple minded people still lived LOL

The only way to fight the touts is having a second date that was immediately announced after the rapid sel-out of the first.
What more could be done?
In a smaller venue, Will call only. Or non-transferable tickets with a person's name on it. Must have I.D.matching name on the order to enter. I highly doubt that scalpers would want to go into the venue with the people that they just fleeced. It might be a bit uncomfortable.

Sorry. Scalpers (and Ticketbastard, who are basically scalpers now with the platinum pricing scam) are an absolute massive irritant to me. Music is for everyone, not just those who can spend the most.

The promoters, the resellers, everybody is in on it working it. Moz is the puppetmaster wanting to get as much money as possible from his 3/4 of an hour set. The play is to maximize the monies. There needs to be at least two shows, like a shell game, FFS> dont be suckers.:ahhh:

dont buy into the 'two thousand people got sick at the same time and couldnt come out for the first Hollywood Bowl show' story....dont be a simple human mark ffs

Fact: he sold out the Bowl in no time.
Fact: Due to public demand a second date was announced right after.
Fact: the resellers won't make the profit they wanted, due to this cause there are enough official tickets available.
Fact: People, fans, or anybody who don't want the hassle with the resellers can ignore them completely.

If official prizes are considered too high, they can take a risk counting on enough tickets available for less then the official prizes but the resellers will have to take their loss.
All parties win from this except the touts.
Good strategy.

I don't care about relevance but Moz seems relevant enough to his hometown Moz Angeles.
Depeche Mode relevant? I just have had enough. I just have had enough. I just have had enough. :crazy:

Agreed on all your facts. I really don't get why people want to be such haters (and on Morrissey's fan site nonetheless - but nothing new). Give him his due, he sold out one night quickly (BTW, with no new album promotion save for the title) and I'm guessing whatever projections they use predicted a 2nd night sell out. As far as this (absurd) idea that scalpers really bought most of the tickets, do you think this for New Order, Depeche Mode & The Cure who also sold it out - or does that just happen to Morrissey?

Agreed on all your facts. I really don't get why people want to be such haters (and on Morrissey's fan site nonetheless - but nothing new). Give him his due, he sold out one night quickly (BTW, with no new album promotion save for the title) and I'm guessing whatever projections they use predicted a 2nd night sell out. As far as this (absurd) idea that scalpers really bought most of the tickets, do you think this for New Order, Depeche Mode & The Cure who also sold it out - or does that just happen to Morrissey?

No, it just happens to Moz but it's because of that only happening with him people start to make these accusations as if he has anything to gain by the resellers. He just gets the money from the official ticket sales.

I'd say, the resellers buying that many tickets proves THEY are aware he IS relevant, (good point about the album, only thing known sofar being the title) and they have a much shrewder, more marketing sense about what a certain segment of the pop/rock concert going audience in Moz Angeles wants. But their expectations were based on only one show at the Bowl. With the second date their profit will be much less, isn't it?

He is a name and creates a buzz. Certainly in Moz Angeles.
I never heard of Depeche Mode Angeles,, New Order Angeles, Cure Angeles. I never saw a sign on the freeway leading to the Bowl with their names on it. I thought it was very funny! :D

Cheerio SuedeMoz, I hope you will see him and post some video footage, or photos and comments! :thumb:

the tix the reseller's purchase are NOT official??? What are they then, bootleg LOL:mobilecalling:
s0 the people buying the 4000 thousand tix are not buying official tix? WTF
Moz makes money off them because they buy tix and have to eat them when they dont sell.

Per lil' Sammy the post gig party has been moved to Bestie's in Hermosa Beach because of the brits and other foreigners who are spending their life savings to fly to LA and see the concerts and are all going to The Sunset Marquis after the gigs thinking they will get a selfie with Uncle Steve.

We are looking at the second coming of Moz since 2004. Discuss
Depends on the quality of the new album, I would say. The quality of Quarry plus perfect timing all powered his 2004 'comeback' (although Moz said the audience came back to him). In a telling comment (rare these days for Moz) he once said that 'You are the Quarry' referred to the fact he was targeting his audience to win them back. Moz will have a 'comeback' only if he is hungry for it. Like he was with Quarry. In Glasgow in 2002 he kept his concert going even after a full pint of beer landed on his head. Because he had the hunger to soldier on. That attitude plus quality songs will make him invincible. But he needs both.

Depends on the quality of the new album, I would say. The quality of Quarry plus perfect timing all powered his 2004 'comeback' (although Moz said the audience came back to him). In a telling comment (rare these days for Moz) he once said that 'You are the Quarry' referred to the fact he was targeting his audience to win them back. Moz will have a 'comeback' only if he is hungry for it. Like he was with Quarry. In Glasgow in 2002 he kept his concert going even after a full pint of beer landed on his head. Because he had the hunger to soldier on. That attitude plus quality songs will make him invincible. But he needs both.
Quite agree re: Quarry.
The RAH gigs I attended were triumphant and a complete success with fans & press.
Only Moz could make a 'comeback' by previewing songs 2 years before releasing the album they were on.
The only real difference I can see here is that 2002/2004 was coming back from a prolonged absence. Those 'wilderness years' were long enough that everyone wanted to see/hear him (even the press).
Given recent events, I think the fan reception will be strong, but the press will view everything through a prism of Itally, cancellations, political pronouncements et al.
I have a feeling that had this been say a 5 year hiatus, that it would be the same scenario as Quarry.
We will know soon enough.
Regards,
FWD.

With all americans being obese no wonder the prices are high when they have to buy 2 seats and sometimes 3 to be able to get in. People complaining about prices should not the prices are for 2-3 seats so divided by 2 or 3 the price per seats are very cheap indeed.

Always a tout but never a lout!

Thanks for that Acton.
I never knew he said that.
Until now I had the impression the title said something else too.
Cause it says: Morrissey, You are The Quarry as meaning he was the Quarry himself (for him) and for his audience.
But like many times, there is a double entendre in his song and album titles. Like Years Of Refusal too.
Who's refusing what, or who? People refusing him, or his music?
Moz refusing what, or who?
I know he said it was him refusing to "play that game".
But the other meaning is there too, well for me.
Just my opinion. :thumb:

Ah, yes! I had that Barrowlands gig on bootleg CD and remember well the incident you mentioned. Everyone thought that Morrissey was loosening up, especially Word magazine.

Ah, yes! I had that Barrowlands gig on bootleg CD and remember well the incident you mentioned. Everyone thought that Morrissey was loosening up, especially Word magazine.

Hopefully he'll get pelted with abuse and piss-pot projectiles for all drama he tried to create after Barone Raffaele questioned him for the driving offence in Rome. That incident on its own is enough to prove what a horrible little conniving c_nt Steven is.
Remember that stunt he pulled giving everyone the impression he had cancer.
4cking Pathetic in its entirety. Embarrassing behaviour even for a C-list performer.

Hecklers of the world unite and give him payback full pelt.

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele
#Switzerland is mine and owes me a good rate of interest
#avoid the inland revenue

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Good Point. Just WTF happened to the cancer? Just a few months ago we were close to establishing a death watch, with Moz weeping in the hospital staircase, and the funny dude "Surface" making multiple diagnosisis about having to scrape his neck every few months...etc etc. :tears:
Check the neck for cancerous cells:leftmagnify: and then :scissors: them off.
LOL What a load of:pileofpoop:
Suddenly, A MIRACLE:babyangel:

Cured by BMG, for the time being LOL:moneybag:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom