50 places to visit before you die

Jackie London

♥ Howlin' Pelle
For anyone who's bored; which of them have you visited?

Luxor, Egypt
Rome, Italy
San Francisco, USA
Barcelona, Spain
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Singapore, Singapore
La Digue, Seychelles
Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
Bangkok, Thailand
Barbados, Barbados
Iceland, Iceland
Terracotta Army, China
Zermatt, Switzerland
Angel Falls, Venezuela
Abu Simbel, Egypt
Bali, Indonesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
The Pyramids, Egypt
Venice, Italy
The Maldives, Maldives
Great Wall, China
Victoria Falls, Zambia / Zimbabwe
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Yosemite National Park, USA
Hawaii, USA
Auckland, New Zealand
Iguassu Falls, Argentina / Brazil
Paris, France
Alaska, USA
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Himalayas, Nepal / Tibet
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Masai Mara, Kenya
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
The Grand Canyon, USA
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
Florida, USA
South Island, New Zealand
Cape Town, South Africa
Golden Temple, India
Las Vegas, USA
Sydney, Australia
New York, USA
Taj Mahal, India
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Uluru, Australia
Chichen Itza, Mexico
Machu Picchu, Peru
Niagara Falls, Canada / USA
Petra, Jordan

I've only been to one of them. I obviously have some catching up to do. I would never visit Dubai though. Venice is probably ruled out too.

For anyone who's bored; which of them have you visited?

Luxor, Egypt
Rome, Italy
San Francisco, USA
Barcelona, Spain
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Singapore, Singapore
La Digue, Seychelles
Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
Bangkok, Thailand
Barbados, Barbados
Iceland, Iceland
Terracotta Army, China
Zermatt, Switzerland
Angel Falls, Venezuela
Abu Simbel, Egypt
Bali, Indonesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
The Pyramids, Egypt
Venice, Italy
The Maldives, Maldives
Great Wall, China
Victoria Falls, Zambia / Zimbabwe
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Yosemite National Park, USA
Hawaii, USA
Auckland, New Zealand
Iguassu Falls, Argentina / Brazil
Paris, France
Alaska, USA
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Himalayas, Nepal / Tibet
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Masai Mara, Kenya
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
The Grand Canyon, USA
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
Florida, USA
South Island, New Zealand
Cape Town, South Africa
Golden Temple, India
Las Vegas, USA
Sydney, Australia
New York, USA
Taj Mahal, India
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Uluru, Australia
Chichen Itza, Mexico
Machu Picchu, Peru
Niagara Falls, Canada / USA
Petra, Jordan

So far. I've been very near Venice, but didn't go there.

Iguaçu Falls is wonderful. I stayed in a hotel right there in the park and took a helicopter ride. It's amazing. It looks like a person when you see it from above.

Dubai, Ulura, Sydney ( though why that is even on the list). I really hope to visit the Great Barrier reef before it is gone

I've only been to one of them. I obviously have some catching up to do. I would never visit Dubai though. Venice is probably ruled out too.

Why not Venice it's an incredible place?

Venice, Barcelona, Florida I to have some catching up to do.

Where did this list come from Jackie?

It's just a list of places that I've visited that I think everyone else should visit too. ...... No, not really. Found it on some sort of "stuff to do before you die"-website.

I'm sure it's beautiful and all but it just seems to be so completely invaded by tourists that it's lost all kind of authenticity. It just seems dead and sterile, like some sort of disneyland only there for tourists. Apparently the island part of Venice is daily invaded by more tourists than people who actually live there.

I'm sure it's beautiful and all but it just seems to be so completely invaded by tourists that it's lost all kind of authenticity. It just seems dead and sterile, like some sort of disneyland only there for tourists. Apparently the island part of Venice is daily invaded by more tourists than people who actually live there.

I know!! It's f***ing insane! The insane ammount of tourists destroy the experience. I mean it's like London during rush hour. If I want to experience morons standing in my way who stops to ask me if I can take a picture of them (NO, I can not take a bloody picture of you your moron, I'm in a hurry and you're in my way!!!!!) I would have just stayed at home. The only thing I don't like about living in a city is the tourists.

Fair points but the place oozes history, not dead not sterile not fake disneyland, wonderful place to do a weekend break with a partner. Given a chance to visit say yes, leave preconceptions behind.

Fair points but the place oozes history, not dead not sterile not fake disneyland, wonderful place to do a weekend break with a partner. Given a chance to visit say yes, leave preconceptions behind.

Well, I'm sure it's miles better than Dubai. If one wants to talk about sterility and disneyland then it must be difficult to beat Dubai although I've read about some chinese city that actually builds miniature copies of famous buildings from all over the world.

And tomorrow I'm actually doing some nazi sightseeing. I'm visiting Kehlsteinhaus or the Eagle's Nest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehlsteinhaus). I wonder why that one isn't on the list. At least it's something authentic.

I know!! It's f***ing insane! The insane ammount of tourists destroy the experience. I mean it's like London during rush hour. If I want to experience morons standing in my way who stops to ask me if I can take a picture of them (NO, I can not take a bloody picture of you your moron, I'm in a hurry and you're in my way!!!!!) I would have just stayed at home. The only thing I don't like about living in a city is the tourists.

When you visited Venice (as a tourist), did you take many photos? And does it stink?

Back
Top Bottom