Morrissey Central "94 Years Old Today" (August 4, 2021)

94 Years Old Today
August 4, 2021

unnamed-1_pqst2q.jpg

James Baldwin would have turned 97 on 2 August 2021.

Tony Bennett is 95, thought it was about him....

Seen this interview with Mr. Baldwin recently.
Guess ABC refused to release it at the time and
now it finally got out.
Mr. Baldwin states plenty super astute and
accurate observations as usual.

For f***’s sake, at least get his age right.

now it finally got out.

20210802_081641.jpg

Just because someone admires someone else doesn't mean the first someone is exempt from eviscerating criticism for a pattern of inflammatory trolling of sensitive issues including immigration, cultural assimilation vs diversity- and now: cultural appropriation.

What gives Morrissey legitimacy in referencing JB?

What next?

James Brown before the lights go down? Clownery.

If Morrissey is delusional enough to think that adding a few non-white icons to his 'altar of influences' this late in the game resolves and dissolves his previous 'problematic' utterances on Black and Brown folk, not to mention 'The Chinese As Subspecies' then he is as thick as this 2 by 4...

BB

Last edited:
View attachment 75115
Just because someone admires someone else doesn't mean the first someone is exempt from eviscerating criticism for a pattern of inflammatory trolling of sensitive issues including immigration, cultural assimilation vs diversity- and now: cultural appropriation.

What next?

If Morrissey is delusional enough to think that adding a few non-white icons to his 'altar of influences' this late in the game resolves and dissolves his previous 'problematic' utterances on Black and Brown folk, not to mention 'The Chinese As Subspecies' then he is as thick as this 2 by 4...

BB

One time Moz was at this hotel and he
seen Mr. Baldwin sittin' there and Moz
was to shy to go and talk to'em.
Funny thing is, one time I was down in
New Orleans and I seen Dick Gregory
sittin' in a diner and I was to shy to go
and say hi.
Had a chance to get Pop Staples autograph
one time and didn't do it either.
Just goes to show ya, better seize them
moments when ya got'em.

View attachment 75115

What next?

BB
Your message implies that people cannot and don't change. You also fail to note that Morrissey has always included an abundance of writers, for his "altar of influences." These writers include Wilde, Plath, Sexton, and too many others to mention here.

now it finally got out.

The definition of a social hero: he knew something was utterly wrong and didn't shut his mouth.
But what makes him more interesting is Baldwin as an individual person. I think he was in excruciating pain, as any person who has suffered a huge injustice in the family tree and still suffers the consequences ( I know what I'm talking about).

They were different times, but if I had been the interviewer I couldn't have helped crying and hugging him, while listening to this man who evidently was in excruciating pain. The pain and dispair who suffer all those who realize a universal truth: life is essentially unfair and I'm the victim of it.

There was not solution to his pain, because the sin to punish he was looking for in other people's skin tone was no longer there. Personal responsibility is not transmitted to future generations. But the material fruits of the privilege achieved with the usufruct of the pain of others are. That would have been a good start point: not welfare state but historical reparation. Anyway, I still think a strong hug would have eased his pain.

A coppola days ago I was clearing out some old boxes with junk, especially old letters and postcards, etc., and coincidentially came across these stamps showing James Baldwin at the age of 37 (or 78?) somewhere in the USA on a postcard I had received from Memphis back then...
z1.2.jpg

And guess who is on the other side?

Robert Mitchum!
z.22.jpg

And now that I am at it: On another postcard there are these four gentlemen in the legendary Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee:

z3.2.jpg

So, there is Robert Mitchum again, and also Steve MacQueen. But who are the other two guys?
Help needed! :confused::paranoid::confused:

These two statements are a real juxtapose:

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.” - James Baldwin

"Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies." - Morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom