a little present for you all

nightandday

A few wonderful post-punk & Factory Records compilations. Made not by myself, but by this guy: Joshua Pfeiffer a.k.a Vernian Process, musician and DJ from California. He really knows how to make a great comp. :)

Factory Records Story

(as you see, he included some talk by Ian Curtis to fit into the concept) :

factory2.jpg

Post-Punk Legacy - 8 comps.

these are his tracklists and explanations: http://www.last.fm/user/VernianProcess/journal/2006/11/16/268513/

"1 = Proto-Punk, Punk, and early Post-Punk (77 or so) These are all bands that while not all exactly Post-Punk were showcasing a more artistic approach to punk music."

ppback1.jpg

"2 = More early 77' - 80' or so bands, as well as the latter section of the disc being dedicated mostly to Analog Synth acts."

ppback2.jpg

"3 = Funky No Wave, Girl bands, and Noise makers."

ppback3.jpg

"4 = Mostly Dreamy, Ethereal, Neo-Psychedelic, Guitar based music."

ppback4.jpg

"5 = Dark, Brooding, Gloomy, and otherwise Gothish music."

ppback5.jpg

"6 = Quirky, New Wave/Romantic music."

ppback6.jpg

"7 = Random Disc... Twangy Rock, Punk, Synthpunk, and Industrial/Experimental music."

ppback7.jpg

"8 = the class of 86' - 90'. All of these bands were more third or fourth generation Post-Punk."

ppback8.jpg

A Great Present Cheers

A few wonderful post-punk & Factory Records compilations. Made not by myself, but by this guy: Joshua Pfeiffer a.k.a Vernian Process, musician and DJ from California. He really knows how to make a great comp. :)

Factory Records Story

(as you see, he included some talk by Ian Curtis to fit into the concept) :

factory2.jpg

I used to go to the Factory at the Russell club, where it all began.

93e9428c.jpg

I wish I'd taken a camera a bit more often, this is in the club, "Kleenex"!

love

Grim

These are great. But I cant seem to download them. The download starts as normal at about 50kb then drops to 3 kb then ends shortly after, all in all about 1 min after the start of downloading. Am i doing something wrong!!

These are GREAT..... Thanks for sharing them.

I must note though that the majority of the discs after being downloaded are comming up corrupted once you try to unzip them. Is anyone else having this problem?

BR

me too boyracer. truly disappointed.

The files only seem to download about 7mb and are then corrupted.

Any ideas nightandday? Don't mean to pressure you though as it was such a great offer. Cheers

I too thank you for your efforts but am truely dissapointed that none of the zips seem to work :( what a tease cause they all look great!

me too boyracer. truly disappointed.

The files only seem to download about 7mb and are then corrupted.

Any ideas nightandday? Don't mean to pressure you though as it was such a great offer. Cheers

Same thing happened to me the first couple of times. When I tried later last night (Weds., ~1a.m. GMT), I got everything--both Factory Records Story ones, and all 8 double-discs' worth of the post-punk stuff. I'm on vacation right now and can't re-post them on a more reliable host, though; sorry! Try again late at night, and be warned that you have have a max of 4 active downloads at a time.

Back
Top Bottom