A Nice Bit Of Meat

osiris

I just got The Smiths boot "A Nice Bit Of Meat." I was just wondering if all of these boots have plain labels on the record with no track info on them. One side of mine has a solid red label & the other is solid gold. Also, the cover is like a big sticker stuck to a plain white sleeve. Are all of these boots like this?:confused:

My copy has white labels with green writing, with other things, the set list.
The cover is of a naked Marilyn Monroe (?). If that helps.

Hum, maybe mine is a boot from a boot. Lol. Mine does have the Marilyn Monroe nude cover though. It's kinda a pink tint. I thought that they were black & white photos.

mine's got red labels with 1 & 2 on them & no unauthorised copying etc around the edge of the label.

Oh Bugger so how many copies of copies are there out there? :)

The sleeve looks the real deal though!

love

Grim

Mine has the red labels with a big black 1 & 2 and the unauthorized copying etc. around the edge of the label. The cover has a pink tint and looks the pictures are stuck on a plain white sleeve. So, it seems the vinyl is looks like Grim's copy and the sleeve is looks like osiris' copy. If it helps, I've bought my copy in Canada.

Take care, Marcel

looks like it might be time to run through all the boot labels eh, to see how many times they've been pressed?

love

Grim

Grim, I guess you're right! The etchings on the vinyl are S0011-1 (side 1) and S0011-2 (side 2).

Take care, Marcel

Ok, so my etchings are the same but mine has hand written A for side 1 & B for side 2. That is the only thing on my labels. Side A is gold & side B is red. I'm thinking that the label on side A was never put on. Its kinda ridgid from the vinyl where as side B has the same characteristic but the red label makes it smoother. Below are some pics. of the record & cover. Sorry the pics are not that great.

Hummm......

This has got me wondering, I dug out my copy and noticed it says on the label 'Veg Records Present - The vegetarians' and the song titles have been changed to 'Sheila Take a Veg' which isn't even funny or clever. The record number is correct (MEAT 006) and obviously the sleeve looks like it should (although mine is black & white and does not have the pink tinge as Osiris's copy has. The play list also is correct.

I hadn't notice this before, can anyone shed some light of this.

Mine has white labels on both sides with no writing on either.
There are very faint etchings in the run off groove that both say (I think) VG1

The sleeve is cardboard. The inner sleeve is plain white. All in mint condition.

I bought it in an indie record shop in Huddersfield when I was a teenager - late 80's, possibly 1990, 1991.

Hummm......

This has got me wondering, I dug out my copy and noticed it says on the label 'Veg Records Present - The vegetarians' and the song titles have been changed to 'Sheila Take a Veg' which isn't even funny or clever.

My copy also has the 'Veg Records Present - The Vegetarians', but the tracklisting is as follows:

This Charming Mango
What Difference Does It Taste?
The Boy With The Quorn On His Plate
Sheila Take A Veg

It seems that there must be at leat 4 different copies out there. It's very intresting that people would bootleg a boot. I mean, there can't be hardly any money to be made doing that. A waste of time if you ask me.

nice bit of meat - different pressings?

I noticed this Nice Bit of Meat lp is going for a lot of money. Do you guys think that the pressing affects the value, ie is one pressing "more valuable" than another?

This one looks like it has a real cover, while my pressing has the covers glued onto a blank sleeve.

Any insight would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-SMITHS-ULTR...goryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: nice bit of meat - different pressings?

It's going for a lot of money because people are crazy. I think that drugs affect the value of these things, not the pressing.

Re: nice bit of meat - different pressings?

I noticed that too. Too much money, in my eyes. None of the solo LPs go for that much. Why would a bootleg ever sell that high?

Back
Top Bottom