Abrahan Garza interviews Morrissey for the Houston Press

Morrissey Speaks: "Give In to Numbness... You've Earned it."
"Can someone check on Abrahán Garza. Is he doing OK?"

— random Facebook status update from a friend

When word came through in December that Morrissey had cancelled Houston (yes, again), the texts and private messages starting rolling in. When I saw footage where the beloved singer had actually appeared in front of a sold-out crowd in Boulder, Colorado to explain that the show simply could not go on and why, I knew his show would not be happening five days later in Houston.

I've been a Morrissey fan for many, many years. To some people, I am "That Morrissey guy." I held a Smiths and Morrissey Trivia Night at Rudyard's in January and left an entire room of fans completely stumped in the bonus round. I was recently asked how many times I had seen Morrissey and which concert was my favorite. My answer was: "The last one is usually the best. Morrissey has still got it."

see more:
http://www.houstonpress.com/music/morrissey-speaks-give-in-to-numbness-youve-earned-it-9253201

Top work Abrahan, a resident of this parish.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice wee interview. Thanks very much Abrahan. That was a very good question asking about how does he feel looking out and see the same hairstyles in the front rows. Also interesting to see him say regarding The Smiths, that he didn't want to let the team down. Just a phrase but it's not often he's called The Smiths a team.

Thank you. It was via email. His people emailed me (at work) and then I emailed them questions - they sent them to him - and then they emailed me the responses. He answered every question I sent.
Excellent job.:flowers: Had a very natural flow...wouldn't have known it was email if I didn't know Morrisseys style...lol

It's just the Morrissey you imagine. The real Morrissey is the one that *I* imagine.

No, It's the real Morrissey. I met him. I'm not imagining anything. The one that you imagine is in your imagination. The one I met is the real one. There's a difference. Do you understand? †

You were recently spotted at the BMG Offices in London. Can you shed light on that visit?
Yes, I own an industrial cleaning company and we had arrived to tidy up the offices. That was fake news, by the way.

I needed a good laugh and the above got me there!

As one of the first 10 people in the door for the Record Rack signing, I saw myself in those newsclips a few times. Luckily, I was not interviewed! ;-) I still have great memories (and my signed 12" of You're the One for Me Fatty) of that signing and the Astroworld show, Dallas, and the cancelled Austin show where we met Boz, Gary, and Alain. Formative years.

Great interview. I feel like Morrissey recognized you were knowledgeable (and in the fold) and took a different tone with you.
Great story. Do you still have the signed Fatty?

You were recently spotted at the BMG Offices in London dressed like a proper Charlie. Can you shed light on that visit?
Yes, I was trying to get them to give me record deal but they turned me down again. These days all they're interested in is Edd fukin Sheeran and Adele so f*** em !
Edd Sheeran can kiss my arse (but not in the Diesel kind of way obviously)
f*** Rise! f*** Harvest! f*** Steve Barnett! f*** Craig Ericson!
That was fake news, by the way.
BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

I needed a good laugh being a superbot and the above got me there!

The Boulder show would've taken place at Boulder Theater with a capacity of 850.

You are missing the point. New Order are doing these gigs where they will completely deconstruct their original interpretation of their songs and represent them a new way added to that they are going to play them in an iconic Manchester venue (the studio where Coronation St was filmed until 2 years ago) Morrissey could do this sort of thing if he/his management team thought about it!

Confirmation then that he is a lazy work shy man that hates his "job" and only does it to survive and is very bitter about it.

I knew it!

You're terrible live.

I don't mind if he is as long as he is excellent in asking interesting questions by email to Moz. Which he did and it confirms he in his role as a good interviewer, a good journalist is much better at it than most of the other "professional" journo's. He is really interested.

The so-called professional journalists always seem to have this bias and are not really interested. They have an agenda and surely anyone can notice they always want to create a false, evil image of him. And they are so utterly boring.

I don't mind if he is as long as he is excellent in asking interesting questions by email to Moz. Which he did and it confirms he in his role as a good interviewer, a good journalist is much better at it than most of the other "professional" journo's. He is really interested.

The so-called professional journalists always seem to have this bias and are not really interested. They have an agenda and surely anyone can notice they always want to create a false, evil image of him. And they are so utterly boring.

Maybe Moz is sad no real journo bothers about him now so he has to answers questions from a fan by email which means he probably broke a nail or two.

Would be fun if the surname was Gaza instead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom