Advice For Someone Out Of Their Depth

virtually dead

Simply Thrilled, Honey
Ok, I kissed a girl at a gay bar last night, I was drunk and I wanted to try it. We exchanged numbers, and now that girl has texted me asking me how I am. I am not looking for a girlfriend, I am not interested in seeing her again. She actually has a girlfriend. This text doesnt say anything about meeting or anything, but how do I let her know that I'm not interested without it looking awful?

I want to get across...that I'm straight when I'm sober...so...a relationship wouldn't work....:o

Ok, I kissed a girl at a gay bar last night, I was drunk and I wanted to try it. We exchanged numbers, and now that girl has texted me asking me how I am. I am not looking for a girlfriend, I am not interested in seeing her again. She actually has a girlfriend. This text doesnt say anything about meeting or anything, but how do I let her know that I'm not interested without it looking awful?

I suppose not replying would do the trick:rolleyes:.
You could say your not looking for a girlfriend right but that might a bit heavy for a text. Hmmm sorry don't know.

I agree. Just don't reply. Worked for me in the past. (If it was really only a kiss and you don't know the person...)

yeah, the not responding thing could work. if you ever see her again and she brings it up, just say you must've given her the wrong number in your drunken state.

Wouldn't that be rude? And she knows she has the right number 'cos I phoned her phone so she could get mine....
What's worse my mate's friend works at this bar with her...
I don't even know what she wants from me!
I'm going to crawl into a ball and die

You could say you have a terminal illness and may die by monday..:p

You could tell her you have a boyfriend if she starts asking. She can't accuse you of anything because she has a girlfriend. Play it by ear and don't say anything harsh until you have to.

You could say you have a terminal illness and may die by monday..:p

You could tell her you have a boyfriend if she starts asking. She can't accuse you of anything because she has a girlfriend. Play it by ear and don't say anything harsh until you have to.

You are not f-ing helping :D

I said I was single :doh: I could say 'I wasn't being completely honest....I have a boyfriend'

Wouldn't that be rude? And she knows she has the right number 'cos I phoned her phone so she could get mine....
What's worse my mate's friend works at this bar with her...
I don't even know what she wants from me!
I'm going to crawl into a ball and die

Well, in that case, just try the truth.

In a nice way.

"Hi, I really like you, but I'm not gay, but I hope we can still be friends." etc.

Ok, cheers, one more thing....this text I got said 'Hey, hows your head lol what you up to'....I can't just reply with a 'thank you but no' text!
Oh god on earth I'm never going to go out of my house again :D

Ur a bad kssr
swtchng 2 men
kthx bye

You are not f-ing helping :D

I said I was single :doh: I could say 'I wasn't being completely honest....I have a boyfriend'

Exactly. She wasn't being honest either. Tell her you were really drunk. I would say play it by ear and not say anything harsh until it's called for. We all do daft things when we're drunk, so you're not the first.

I almost feel guilty about enjoying the original story...:o

Ok, cheers, one more thing....this text I got said 'Hey, hows your head lol what you up to'....I can't just reply with a 'thank you but no' text!
Oh god on earth I'm never going to go out of my house again :D

Just don't reply, then. Trust me on this.
People are smarter than you think, she'll get the message.

Maybe this will make you feel better:

I once gave someone my number at a bar: I was VERY drunk, something that hardly ever happens. Instantly, I thought 'what have I done?' - I couldn't see any exit from the situation and the person was obviously very excited to have my number and already talking about 'plans'.

Anyway, I pretended to go to the restroom, right? But really, I snuck out the back door and left. Isn't that terrible? But I never got a call!

People are smarter than you think, dear.

I almost feel guilty about enjoying the original story...:o

Well I enjoyed the original incident...
I'll think about it tomorrow
I'm warming to 'I'm confused, I don't know what I want, you deserve better than that, I dont wanna mess you about'
Any good? :D
And CrystalGeezer...you're very concise but slightly cruel

Just don't reply, then. Trust me on this.
People are smarter than you think, she'll get the message.

Maybe this will make you feel better:

I once gave someone my number at a bar: I was VERY drunk, something that hardly ever happens. Instantly, I thought 'what have I done?' - I couldn't see any exit from the situation and the person was obviously very excited to have my number and already talking about 'plans'.

Anyway, I pretended to go to the restroom, right? But really, I snuck out the back door and left. Isn't that terrible? But I never got a call!

People are smarter than you think, dear.

That does make me feel slightly better :D
I feel bad just not saying ANYTHING, I'd probably only make it worse....

i think maybe you should avoid any statements about what you want until she asks you to do something you don't want to do. just answer her question, be like "my head is ok lulz". maybe she'll say something to you about how she was drunk and she doesn't want to take it any furhter.

Well I enjoyed the original incident...
I'll think about it tomorrow
I'm warming to 'I'm confused, I don't know what I want, you deserve better than that, I dont wanna mess you about'
Any good? :D
And CrystalGeezer...you're very concise but slightly cruel

Stop saying that you enjoyed it. Now you're the one who's not f***ing helping....:p

It's perfect. If you're reasonable about it then it always gets a better response.

Back
Top Bottom