AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered

The Seeker of Good Songs

The tracklist for the U2 cover album that Depeche Mode are apart of has been released today with a stellar line up! Are they really calling the cover album “AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered” though? Well, that aside.. the tribute to the 1991 Achtung Baby has been put together by Q Magazine and also features Nine Inch Nails, The Killers, Garbage, Pattie Smith, Snow Patrol, and more.

Tracklist:
1. Nine Inch Nails, “Zoo Station”
2. U2, “Even Better Than the Real Thing” (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
3. Damien Rice, “One”
4. Patti Smith, “Until The End Of The World”
5. Garbage, “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”
6. Depeche Mode, “So Cruel”
7. Snow Patrol, “Mysterious Ways”
8. The Fray, “Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World”
9. Gavin Friday, “The Fly”
10. The Killers, “Ultraviolet (Light My Way)”
11. Glasvegas, “Acrobat”
12. Jack White, “Love Is Blindness”

from: http://www.depeche-mode.com/2011/10/10/u2-cover-album-tracklist-revealed/

q.jpg

Last month we brought you initial word of an upcoming Achtung Baby tribute album, and today U2 has released the full tracklist of the Q magazine-compiled disc — which will feature Depeche Mode , Jack White, The Killers, lifelong friend-of-the-band Gavin Friday, the long-dormant Nine Inch Nails and Garbage, and U2 itself (in remixed form).

Dubbed AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered, the full-album tribute will be included with the December issue of Q, which will be available beginning Oct. 26 in shops and online. The collection also is meant to help celebrate the British music magazine’s 25th anniversary.
Q Editor in Chief Paul Rees says: ”Not only in the sense that each of the tracks are brand new recordings by some of the biggest and most iconic names in music such as Jack White, Nine Inch Nails and Patti Smith, but also in that several of them mark the first new material we have heard from these acts in a long time — such as those by The Killers, Damien Rice and Garbage. This is an entirely appropriate way to mark Q’s anniversary and that of Achtung Baby, one of the pivotal albums in our lifetime.”
The Q tribute comes in advance of U2′s own massive reissue of the 1991 album.

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/20...um-q-nine-inch-nails-jack-white-depeche-mode/

I know the better part of f*** all about U2, I've been put off for life thanks to an overzealous bigger brother who froths all over his Pop album. I am led to believe, however, that Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree and some of their other 80s stuff is worth bothering with?

I'm NOT the worlds biggest U2 fan anymore, but "Achtung baby" deserves to stand alongside all other GREAT albums in anybodys record collection....as the Oirish Comedian whats his O'name said...It's a cracker!!

( and "Boy" still stands up pretty well too, after all those years!!!)

The last LP ~ 'No Line On The Horizon' ~ was their greatest record since 'Achtung Baby', and possibly ever. Not one duff track on it. 'AB' has the rather unfortunate 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?', which prevents perfection.
Sadly the vast majority of the knuckle-dragging morons who make up the U2 crowd didn't dig 'Horizon', which, even more sadly, seems to mean U2 have kinda disowned it. The last tour featured less and less new songs as it progressed, and in interviews various members expressed disappointment at the reception to the new work. Instead of saying 'well, f*** you dolts, you're just wrong. This is sublime', U2 seem to think they've mis-stepped. So now, no 2nd album of songs culled from the 'Horizon' sessions. Who knows what's next.
I suppose it shows a certain sweetness and innocence 30 years into their career, or a naive belief in the worth of their audience's opinion. But if they'd ever stood in the midst of the crowd at a U2 gig (which would obviously be impossible) like I've done over the years, then they would know not to have so much faith in the critical faculties of these neanderthals. It would be best if they simply said we don't give a tuppeny f*** what you think, we're U2, here's more great new shit. But no...
:confused:

I know the better part of f*** all about U2, I've been put off for life thanks to an overzealous bigger brother who froths all over his Pop album. I am led to believe, however, that Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree and some of their other 80s stuff is worth bothering with?

What about Bono's line in "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

U2 are an appaling band. The spectacle of Bonobs private army beating up protestors at glastonbury summed it all up for me.

Depeche Mode

Nine Inch Nails

The Killers

Last edited by a moderator:
AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered, styled as (Ǎhk-to͝ong Bay-bi) Covered, is a tribute album by various artists featuring cover versions of the 12 songs from U2′s 1991 record Achtung Baby.
The tribute album was released on 26 October 2011 as pack-in CD with the December 2011 issue of Q. The magazine commissioned the album to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby‘s original release and Q‘s 25th anniversary. The magazine’s editor-in-chief Paul Rees said, “This is an entirely appropriate way to mark Q‘s anniversary and that of Achtung Baby, one of the pivotal albums in our lifetime.” The album, sees the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Patti Smith, Depeche Mode, The Killers and Jack White, each tackling a track from the classic record just for this release.

mp3 320 kbps | 176 MB | FSo | ES | UL | FSe

1. Nine Inch Nails – Zoo Station [06:25]
2. U2 – Even Better Than the Real Thing (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)[06:39]
3. Damien Rice – One [05:22]
4. Patti Smith – Until the End of the World [03:33]
5. Garbage – Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses [05:14]
6. Depeche Mode – So Cruel [06:00]
7. Gavin Friday – The Fly [04:12]
8. Snow Patrol – Mysterious Ways [04:45]
9. The Fray – Tryin’ to Throw Your Arms Around the World [04:30]
10. The Killers – Ultraviolet [04:49]
11. Glasvegas – Acrobat [04:05]