"Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

Last edited:
Re: "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

There was a little bit about it in the Sun today. Apparently Morrissey told producers that he had "transport issues".

It's ireland, not the moon. Not like there's a volcanic ash cloud, it's just moz being moz and pleasing himslef.

It's ireland, not the moon. Not like there's a volcanic ash cloud, it's just moz being moz and pleasing himslef.

The only volcanic ash cloud is in Morrissey's mind. It's the debris of his career as a prime-time guest on telly. Who'll invite him now? Only a few months ago he was bewailing that nobody in the entire world would give him telly face time now he's claiming that Belfast to London is a perilous journey even though Alan Carr made it. Did Alan walk, swim, walk? Or did Morrissey just forget to set his alarm clock? *rollseyes*

This has been a surprisingly amusing start to a dull day. You can rely on Morrissey to liven up the soap opera, that's why it's worth monitoring his C List career car crash rather than the Kardashian stuff. I have great hopes that he will end this tour with an amusing rant/strop/walk-off/hissy fit in Birmingham. Hardly anyone has noticed his tour outside of his core audience so he's not beyond manufacturing a volcanic eruption to get noticed. He won't manage it with with KMAL redux.

best
BB

There was a little bit about it in the Sun today. Apparently Morrissey told producers that he had "transport issues".

If the crew could be on the ferry at dawn why couldn't he?

Having 'grown up' with The Smiths...
Having seen Moz thereafter...
Can someone please explain exactly how he should be on television?
He has never interviewed well as wit aside, it is clear he doesn't like it. I'd love to know how he could make people 'squirm' less if that has been pretty much a given from the outset. If we accept he is 'difficult' and awkward... Why expect any less?
Regards,
FWD

I agree. Isn't that one of the reasons why we love him, his awkwardness and shyness. It's certainly one of the things I identify with him most.

Last edited:
he shouldnt do tv spots as it doesnt do much good for anyone except perhaps maybe the host. theres no demand when people can watch what they want when they want. there is no demand

Because he didn't want to. The question is - why are you believing the Sun?

He's not doing the show, have you lot not got over this yet?

I'm just saying his story isn't believable in the least. If Jay and the rest of the moz crew got to England that morning, he has no excuse. He either had second thoughts or a bad hangover.

I don't get why people say Moz doesnt interview well and is shy/awkward etc etc. He's down right hillarious, his one liners are side splitting, his delivery and comical timing is first rate, to the point where he goes over most peoples heads. His interview on the jonathan ross show 2004 was great and got great crowd reaction. Morrissey is awkward when and because he wants to be, like on "the One show", he dictates the situation and i for one don't find it awkward to watch, i just see it as Moz pulling the strings. I must have watched the Jools holland interview a hundred times just for the "knock, Knock", "I refuse to answer the door" comeback.

I don't get why people say Moz doesnt interview well and is shy/awkward etc etc. He's down right hillarious, his one liners are side splitting, his delivery and comical timing is first rate, to the point where he goes over most peoples heads. His interview on the jonathan ross show 2004 was great and got great crowd reaction. Morrissey is awkward when and because he wants to be, like on "the One show", he dictates the situation and i for one don't find it awkward to watch, i just see it as Moz pulling the strings. I must have watched the Jools holland interview a hundred times just for the "knock, Knock", "I refuse to answer the door" comeback.

Oh dear, then your observational skills aren't very good. Apart from that the man thinks it himself. He said it numerous times and in that regard I think it's really believable.

Last edited by a moderator:

I suppose the transport issues could be logistical for the touring kit and the band.
SJM Concerts and another company tour with him regularly. He would need the same kit for the Birmingham gig and the Belfast gig as well as the TV show. If he cannot get his kit over there along with him, he can't preform. I presume that they took too long to take the kit down in Belfast, missed the ferry and were stuck till today.

Now The One Show was painful- flat hair, a forehead so shiny you could see the entire stage light's reflection, and he was bloated and looked uncomfortable. The questions were so stupid and he looked miserable.

Now The One Show was painful- flat hair, a forehead so shiny you could see the entire stage light's reflection, and he was bloated and looked uncomfortable. The questions were so stupid and he looked miserable.

I dont think he felt uncomfortable, i seen at as he just couldnt be arsed, not surpsring with adrian chiles and whats her face. I'm sure morrissey feels they are beneath him and thats why it played out the way it did. His one to ones with zane lowe and russell brand etc are brilliant to listen to.

I dont think he felt uncomfortable, i seen at as he just couldnt be arsed, not surpsring with adrian chiles and whats her face. I'm sure morrissey feels they are beneath him and thats why it played out the way it did. His one to ones with zane lowe and russell brand etc are brilliant to listen to.

The Zane Lowe interview was brilliant. He wasnt awkward in the least.

The most uncomfortable interview by far was with Dermot O'leary on Radio 2 in 2011...hilarious to hear Morrissey toy with the ubiquitous tosser, but I'm not sure he came across well. Anyone who doesn't recall should dig that one out on YouTube.

The Zane Lowe interview was brilliant. He wasnt awkward in the least.

The Zane Lowe and Russell Brand interview has no audience. Surely someone noticed? And before someone shouts "But when he is on stage there is an even larger audience" ... It's not the same. There are so many examples, I don't know why it's even a discussion.

The most uncomfortable interview by far was with Dermot O'leary on Radio 2 in 2011...hilarious to hear Morrissey toy with the ubiquitous tosser, but I'm not sure he came across well. Anyone who doesn't recall should dig that one out on YouTube.

The best part was when he went on TTY and apologised for being cranky on the "Detergent O'Leary" show.

Nah...

...nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!

Oh YEAH!!!!! I Googled The Banana Splits and this exact picture was listed in their Bio. BUSTED! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zane Lowe and Russell Brand interview has no audience. Surely someone noticed? And before someone shouts "But when he is on stage there is an even larger audience" ... It's not the same. There are so many examples, I don't know why it's even a discussion.

Morrissey's a narcissist with a superiority complex, he loves attention, any thing he may have said about awkwadness in interviews cant really been taken at face value, everything he says is doused in irony, the man's a walking contradiction.

Taking a car instead isn't that easy either, at least from what I remember there is a bit of water between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. How long do the ferries take? Then the drive down to London? 1 hour flight, 9.5 hours by car.

Approx. 7 hours Dublin to London in total (on ferry+train), not sure about Belfast -> Stranraer route but considering Belfast to Dublin is approx. 2 hours, at least 9 hours sounds about right.

Morrissey's a narcissist with a superiority complex, he loves attention, any thing he may have said about awkwadness in interviews cant really been taken at face value, everything he says is doused in irony, the man's a walking contradiction.

That's it. I give up. I wouldn't expect such statements from someone who really followed him. And for the record almost everyone else who knows him says the same. Also, you just pretty much confuted your own argument by saying he's a walking contradiction yet not taking into consideration that he might feel uncomfortable and awkward in certain situations which would be a walking contradiction.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom