Alexander Armstrong becomes Morrissey on "Your Face Sounds Familiar" (July 20, 2013 / ITV)

Your Face sounds familiar

for those in the UK a TV programme Your face sounds familiar which starts at 7.30pm tonight features one of the contestants appearing singing as Morrissey

thought i would let the masses know

Re: Your Face sounds familiar

Haha this is too funny.

Cracking effort though!

- - - Updated - - -

"That was pointless!" - guy in the audience

Haha

He was brilliant!!!

Still can't get over the image of 'Morrissey' hugging 'Beyonce'.:lbf:

Thank you Peter,
I sat through the d list graveyard of 'celebs' and as soon as I heard 'manchester mope' or similar - knew what was coming.
Not horrendous and at least we saw Morrissey performing on prime time tv!
Not sure how it rates against the Harry Hill version...
Harry went as far as to put 'England's foremost Morrissey impersonator' at the bottom of his posters on the strength of his outing as Moz.
Think Alexander will be a bit more reserved.
Thanks for the heads up,
Regards,
FWD

...on the ITV Saturday night show "Your Face Sounds Familiar". It's not a very good show, in my estimation. Celebrities sing as celebrities and are voted on their performance. The word is that Alexander Armstrong, comedian, actor, and presenter of Pointless, will be singing as Morrissey.

Clip posted by MORRIZSEY:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Has any personality ever done an imitation of solo-era Morrissey? It always seems to be early Smiffs and nothing else.

Question: Has any personality ever done an imitation of solo-era Morrissey? It always seems to be early Smiffs and nothing else.

The closest I've ever seen to a solo Morrissey impression was his Glastonbury appearance. He's not widely known for his post Smiths output amongst the general public. Even the occasional affectionate radio tributes focus on the Smiths era.

His obituaries will all start "Morrissey, lead singer of the foremost 80s indie band the Smiths, has died following complications due to..." His solo career will be secondary.

One of the better Smiths covers...

The closest I've ever seen to a solo Morrissey impression was his Glastonbury appearance. He's not widely known for his post Smiths output amongst the general public. Even the occasional affectionate radio tributes focus on the Smiths era.

His obituaries will all start "Morrissey, lead singer of the foremost 80s indie band the Smiths, has died following complications due to..." His solo career will be secondary.

There never was a 'solo' career. He has never gone solo. He just changed his musicians and songwriters, and called the whole thing 'Morrissey'. It's amazing how many people have been duped into thinking Morrissey is a solo artist. Hasn't written a song in his life.

Clever.

I think Morrissey is fine with being referred to as lead singer of The Smiths. Some years ago he made the comparison to McCartney always being tagged a "former Beatle" in articles.

Actually, I've just remembered the closest thing to a Moz-solo impersonation -- he obviously watched his VHS cassette of Introducing Morrissey that day.

Yikes! Pretty dreadful! I am not familiar with this program or Alexander Armstrong, so I may have been missing something. Difficult to watch.

Vocal melodies are part of songwriting, bozo. And we know that Morrissey has come up with some of the greatest ever.

There never was a 'solo' career. He has never gone solo. He just changed his musicians and songwriters, and called the whole thing 'Morrissey'. It's amazing how many people have been duped into thinking Morrissey is a solo artist. Hasn't written a song in his life.

That had to be one of the funnier Smiths' parodies I've heard in a long while! Thank you!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom