All albums, chronologically

I have the cold and am not fit to go out in public. I have decided to listen to all studio albums in chronological order.

First ponderings... Viva Hate is a bit too "slow" for a debut solo album. I love Late Night Maudlin Street, but can see how it would switch somebody off listening to the rest of the album.

More to follow as the day progresses.

Post if you have done something similar.

God...I haven't had that kind of time in years.

I probably did it when I was young, though...but back then there were less albums to go through.

I'm curious as to why you didn't start with The Smiths. Wouldn't that make for a more interesting study, progression-wise?

Anyway, your listening-experiment sounds like a good time. Have fun. I hope you feel better.

'Complete' makes it a lot easier to listen to The Smiths in order. Listening to Morrissey in chronological order requires some fore-thought and effort. Midway through Bona Drag. Don't think I'm going to make it the whole way through.

Never had that kinda time myself, either, but I suppose it's a good idea whenever you're very sick.

Personally, I've found it kind of interesting over the years to start with either "The Smiths" or "Viva Hate" and then immediately after to play Moz's most recent studio album. Many on the board I'm sure would call it more "depressing" than "interesting," but wow, it's always hard to believe it's still the same man singing.

'Complete' makes it a lot easier to listen to The Smiths in order. Listening to Morrissey in chronological order requires some fore-thought and effort. Midway through Bona Drag. Don't think I'm going to make it the whole way through.

Bona Drag's not a studio album - it's a compilation!

I've listened to all of the albums (The Smiths and Morrissey) in chronological order loads of times, but never in one day. Usually, I just do it while keeping the albums playing in the background (the way I listen to most music), but once I did it while listening intently through headphones over the course of several days (I just don't have the time, or patience, to do it in one go). Every time I do something like that, I always find it to be a very interesting journey. At some point I'll do it with all the compilations and b-sides too, but right now my collection is too scattered.

Calm down! I put it in the playlist because I like the songs on it! Sorry if I mislead you! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me! Is this enough exclamation marks for you?!

I only used one screamer. Ironically too (!). It's a pet hate of mine: Bona Drag being listed as a studio album. Your chronological solo album project is admirable, of course. :)

Back
Top Bottom