Amanda Palmer to Morrissey: Let me help you crowdsource your next album - Salon.com

Re: Amanda Palmer to Morrissey: Let me help you crowdsource your next album - salon.c

back-off-bitch.jpg

:D

Re: Amanda Palmer to Morrissey: Let me help you crowdsource your next album - salon.c

one thing I know her message has resulted in :thumb: later today I am going to give
Theatre_Is_Evil.png

a listen :guitar:

"I once had the chance to meet you. My band, The Dresden Dolls, were playing at a festival in Germany about eight years ago and you were in the dressing room next to us. Your keyboardist sat next to me and we started chatting over the very terrible backstage sandwich buffet. I told him how much I loved you, and he offered to take me back to your dressing room so that we could say hello to each other."

Some of this comes off like a creepy Craigslist "Missed Connections" ad...

"I once had the chance to meet you. My band, The Dresden Dolls, were playing at a festival in Germany about eight years ago and you were in the dressing room next to us. Your keyboardist sat next to me and we started chatting over the very terrible backstage sandwich buffet. I told him how much I loved you, and he offered to take me back to your dressing room so that we could say hello to each other."

Some of this comes off like a creepy Craigslist "Missed Connections" ad...

lol..

Twit.

morrissey has plenty of money. he can fund it himself. asking fans to shoulder the financial risk of investment while taking all of the profit is ludicrous and incredibly exploitative. f*** amanda palmer.

I agree completely. Also, Palmer was trying to recruit a backing band for a tour, provided they play for free: http://pitchfork.com/news/47852-steve-albini-amanda-palmer-the-fight-continues/

Some posts have been moved to the off-topic fight thread. Please stay on topic.

But this is all totally different from what you do, right?

...not even gonna point out the irony there.

Again, you're hardly in a position to criticize those people.

I'm a nobody. You're a nobody. We can use crappy personal attack tactics to troll each other on the intarweb. She's by proxy the face of his tours, she'll use the same facebook page to say "WE" will be playing such and such tonight or come see "US" at this place. To have her use catty personal attacks to a letter not addressed to her but the other half of her tour (she bills it that way) is like an answer to Amanda Palmer in a way and extremely unprofessional. She deleted it for a reason.

I'm a nobody. You're a nobody. We can use crappy personal attack tactics to troll each other on the intarweb. She's by proxy the face of his tours, she'll use the same facebook page to say "WE" will be playing such and such tonight or come see "US" at this place. To have her use catty personal attacks to a letter not addressed to her but the other half of her tour (she bills it that way) is like an answer to Amanda Palmer in a way and extremely unprofessional. She deleted it for a reason.

Cool re-post, bro.

Write and ask her if he said her dog had to poop, though. You win this round. lol

Maybe I should crowd source to convince Morrissey he sees signs. :cool: :p

Hey Morrissey stalkers, an evangelist is giving a seminar on crowdfunding at the Double Tree in SaMo next Tuesday, maybe Morrissey will be there. :lbf:

Here's the deets:

http://www.townhall-la.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=999

From 5:03

Last edited by a moderator:

From 5:03

She says something like "the trap, as an artist, is insisting that things have to be done in a certain way". Moz can only operate with a corporation organising him. This was obvious when The Smiths jumped ship from 'radical collective' Rough Trade. Nothing wrong with being a corporate rock whore whose only true goal is to write radio-friendly unit shifters: but at least be explicit about it, like Kurt was. Morrissey is an entirely tradition-bound performer who flirts with radical chic as his USP. It was fun and clever for a while before the Interweb destroyed the host upon which he fed: now that the hierarchical corporate music industry is obliterated, all he seems able to do is complain at the absence of such gatekeepers, and of the locked-container, corporately curated playlist aka: The CD. Like Lydon, his career is a testimony to the bankrupt 'rebellion' of Year Zero punk. He is now just another Boomer Heritage Act flogging his fading celebrity in far-flung corners of the globe as part of his 'emerging markets penetration' business plan and profitability model. In the UK, at least, he's perilously close to comedic pantomime figure status. Which is sad, given how he emerged and the lacerating thrust of his initial contribution to The Smiths collective. He's still fascinating, but only as career car-crash face-time attention Fame Whore: that will only change if he experiences another artistic epiphany. Which would be, like, WAAAAY! cool, bro. Etc.

regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom