An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Here is 'Under the Moonlight':
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NBNC4EHO

Rip of the original silver CD in 320 kbps, zip-file.

1 Advert for the show
2 Ain't No Sunshine
3 First We Take Manhattan
4 Hairshirt
5 I'll Give You My Skin
6 Midnight Train To Georgia
7 Prince Of Darkness
8 11th Untitled Song
9 Kid Fears
10 Harpers
11 All Along The Watchtower
12 Dark Globe
13 Summertime
14 Disturbance At The Heron House
15 Don't Talk
16 Hello In There

Cover and credits can be found here:
http://www.gmvrecords.com/profile.asp?pid=9170〈=en

Thank you kindly ^_^

Attachments

• alligator.jpg
    alligator.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
just read this on wikipedia: The band will continue work compiling a greatest hits compilation that includes tracks recorded after the Collapse into Now sessions as their final release.

Hopefully it wont be the last we hear from them - I can't imagine not being able to see Stipey on a stage every couple of years.

Dave

just read this on wikipedia: The band will continue work compiling a greatest hits compilation that includes tracks recorded after the Collapse into Now sessions as their final release.

This was rumoured a few months ago - I would like to hear any post-CIN songs, but not sure we really need another Greatest Hits compilation. First we had In Time, then And I Feel Fine to cover the IRS years, re-releasing most of the Warners albums on Dolby 5.1 with an extra disc and more recently several re-issues of the early albums. No doubt this new Greatest Hits will come out in 3 or more different versions. Much as I love R.E.M., we're reaching Paint A Vulgar Picture territory.

so much for that new album that was supposedly in the works.

im still grasping at straws for a DVDA DTS 5.1 or a bluray lossless release of Accelerate and Collapse Into Now. :(

i remember years ago Peter said that once the band was over, that theyd release a big box set with everything theyve ever made that was never released. hope that still stands true.

R.E.M. completely changed my life, in so many ways. No hyperbolic accolades when I say that as a lonely kid, Michael Stipe made me feel absolutely acceptable as a human being. Once I heard R.E.M. my standards for what kind of music I sought out shot up to interstellar levels.

They were a great, great band, and they had a phenomenal run.

Their last album was the best thing they've done in fifteen years.

But these guys are in their 50s. They supplied the world with their singularly artistic music for over three decades. But they're human beings, and eventually there are other things to do. Sometimes bands need to know when is when, and move on as individuals.

If they continued for a whole lot longer, they'd run the risk of repeating themselves, and becoming sad self-parodies. They had the dignity to know better, and to quit while still ahead. There's no shame in knowing when to call it a day.

I'll miss them as a band, one of my favorites of all time, but the music will always be there.

Great tribute and great post. I will miss R.E.M.

Last edited by a moderator:
R.E.M. completely changed my life, in so many ways. No hyperbolic accolades when I say that as a lonely kid, Michael Stipe made me feel absolutely acceptable as a human being. Once I heard R.E.M. my standards for what kind of music I sought out shot up to interstellar levels.

They were a great, great band, and they had a phenomenal run.

Their last album was the best thing they've done in fifteen years.

But these guys are in their 50s. They supplied the world with their singularly artistic music for over three decades. But they're human beings, and eventually there are other things to do. Sometimes bands need to know when is when, and move on as individuals.

If they continued for a whole lot longer, they'd run the risk of repeating themselves, and becoming sad self-parodies. They had the dignity to know better, and to quit while still ahead. There's no shame in knowing when to call it a day.

I'll miss them as a band, one of my favorites of all time, but the music will always be there.

Amen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad but their motives are reasonable. Let's pray for a dream-box release full of rarities, pre Chronic Town songs etc. I also remember Buck has mentioned something like this before.
And hopefully this forum will continue for a long time...

Hello all!

I'd been kinda poking around looking for Bodycount at Tyrone's, and then with the recent announcement, I thought I might come out of the woodwork and ask around. Does anyone have it or know of a link? It would be much appreciated. I believe it's from 4-10-80, and has Narrator and Hippy Hippy Shake, as well as little bits like them talking to individual audience members "Hi Paul! Hey Paul, Pete says hi" and "You guys better dance!". I believe they dedicate Dangerous Times to "Lisa and Ann".....or maybe it was Stepping Stone.....no wait, that was dedicated to "Sigma Alpha Epsilon".

It's pretty much the only vinyl bootleg I ever owned, so it's very dear and familiar to me. I just lost it at some point over the years. I actually visited Wuxtry and the other records store on my "pilgrimage" to Athens (when I went to GA to visit family back in the 90's). and totally stocked up on REM stuff. I actually even went by their office and talked to their secretary (I was 16 and stupid).

Anyway, sorry to ask for stuff on my first post!

Last edited:
Hello all!

I'd been kinda poking around looking for Bodycount at Tyrone's, and then with the recent announcement, I thought I might come out of the woodwork and ask around. Does anyone have it or know of a link? It would be much appreciated. I believe it's from 4-10-80, and has Narrator and Hippy Hippy Shake, as well as little bits like them talking to individual audience members "Hi Paul! Hey Paul, Pete says hi" and "You guys better dance!". I believe they dedicate Dangerous Times to "Lisa and Ann".....or maybe it was Stepping Stone.....no wait, that was dedicated to "Sigma Alpha Epsilon".

It's pretty much the only vinyl bootleg I ever owned, so it's very dear and familiar to me. I just lost it at some point over the years. I actually visited Wuxtry and the other records store on my "pilgrimage" to Athens (when I went to GA to visit family back in the 90's). and totally stocked up on REM stuff. I actually even went by their office and talked to their secretary (I was 16 and stupid).

Anyway, sorry to ask for stuff on my first post!

http://albumdellastoria.blogspot.com/2011/01/rem-1981-09-23-bodycount-at-tyrones.html

Is this the one you are looking for?

http://albumdellastoria.blogspot.com/search/label/Rem

The second link is for the same website. They have several early shows, I didn't check the links, but it looks pretty current.

Last edited:
Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom