Question Archer's Bigmouth lyric attribution - anyone help?

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
About to start wiki influences and see that Jeffrey Archer's First Among Equals is attributed by Passions & elsewhere to inspiring & containing the lines:
I was only joking when I said you should be bludgeoned in your bed.”
Having been through 3 digital versions of said book, it doesn't appear in any of them.
Can we consign this to longstanding "fake news" or does anyone have some solid confirmation of this through some unabridged version I'm missing?
(I'm aware the UK & US versions have differences).
Thanks in advance,
FWD.

About to start wiki influences and see that Jeffrey Archer's First Among Equals is attributed by Passions & elsewhere to inspiring & containing the lines:
Having been through 3 digital versions of said book, it doesn't appear in any of them.
Can we consign this to longstanding "fake news" or does anyone have some solid confirmation of this through some unabridged version I'm missing?
Thanks in advance,
FWD.

Maybe it's from the TV series.
Ya better watch the whole series to be sure.
:lbf:

Thanks in advance,
FWD.
I thought it was “smash every tooth in your head” rather than the “bludgeoned in your bed”. Have you checked for that?

The words tooth/teeth don't appear in any context as implied at all.
I think it's a misattribution.
I may chuck a question over Twitter, but I'm not going to chase down every quote/potential inspiration that has poor references - I'd assume after 30+ years there'd be more substantial evidence than just Passions 'saying so' (and an article regurgitating the same info).
Oh well.
Thanks all.
Regards,
FWD.

Just downloaded a PDF as well. Searched it. Quick and easy solution. Not in there, in either "tooth" or "bludgeon" form. Would have been surprised if it was, really. Morrissey never struck me as the type to read shitey novels by slimy Tory MPs, especially in the 80s. Rest easy.

Back
Top Bottom