Article: Daddy (James Franco's band) to release Smiths-inspired album "Let me Get What I Want"; feat

Re: Article: Daddy (James Franco's band) to release Smiths-inspired album "Let me Get What I Want";

Andy pissfarting about with this crap...

Johnny touring with his decent enough band, 1000 times better than Boz and co, but not managing to avoid the white elephant in the room (no Moz)...

Moz touring with the blandfest that is his current band dealing with low-rent lawsuits and alleged punchups...

What an utter waste of talent just there. :(
Mike Joyce's radio acting debut will be transmitted on BBC Radio 4 28th November at 2.15pm. Mike Joyce is now trying his hand at acting.

Morrissey's touring band has also had quite a bit of serious illness lately. I still think Moz and his touring band are the closest thing you can get to seeing The Smiths live. Also Moz's solo records are wonderful and still relevant. What were the alleged punch ups all about? Low-rent lawsuits?

Johnny Marr's solo music isn't really my type of thing. Andy Rourke sadly hasn't been relevant for about 20 years, and he is too busy hanging out with trendies in New York to care!

Re: Article: Daddy (James Franco's band) to release Smiths-inspired album "Let me Get What I Want";

There is something very, very creepy about James Franco.
Good point. I find Andy Rourke creepy. Like attracts like I guess.

I first thought the title was "This Charming Fan" not "This Charming Man". Sadly another bastardisation of The Smiths legacy by Andy Rourke.

I wonder what Benny-the-British-Butcher thinks about this? He has been a bit quiet lately.

Mike Joyce's radio acting debut will be transmitted on BBC Radio 4 28th November at 2.15pm. Mike Joyce is now trying his hand at acting.

Morrissey's touring band has also had quite a bit of serious illness lately. I still think Moz and his touring band are the closest thing you can get to seeing The Smiths live. Also Moz's solo records are wonderful and still relevant. What were the alleged punch ups all about? Low-rent lawsuits?

Johnny Marr's solo music isn't really my type of thing.

Andy Rourke sadly hasn't been relevant for about 20 years, and he is too busy hanging out with trendies in New York to care!

What kind of actor is Mike Joyce hoping to be? Is he going to work in the theatre (treading the boards on stage), in the movies (on the silver screen), in television dramas, or is he just going to stick with this one off radio play? I looked it up and found out the radio play is called "My Dad Keith". I think it is set in the North of England. Will you be tuning into Radio 4 on Friday 28th November 2014 to hear this radio play?

Maybe Mike Joyce will try and make some money being on adverts/commercials on television?

We live in a unfair world. There are so many great, well trained struggling actors out there looking to break into the industry and this untrained little upstart Mike Joyce lands himself a professional acting role on Radio 4! It isn't like he needs the money, or even needs to raise his public profile, or to put on his CV. Mike Joyce is already a well known, established musician/drummer and a DJ (both live and on the radio) and he is quite wealthy thanks to Moz and Johnny Marr.

Life can be very unfair and cruel. I am upset there seems to be so much sickness and illness going on with Morrissey and his band. Morrissey has lived a relatively healthy, clean life and gets all this sickness. Andy Rourke has lived his life addicted to drugs, booze and cigarettes and he is as right as rain. I thought Andy Rourke would be really sick, or maybe even dead by now. Andy Rourke is very fortunate to still be going after all this time. Still profiting from his years in The Smiths. :(

Last edited:

theres lots of cool new york trendies as well. i spent a bunch of time at sara lawrence and you see a whole lot of both and in between. some are lots of funj though ive no idesa who andys been hanging with lately

theres lots of cool new york trendies as well. i spent a bunch of time at sara lawrence and you see a whole lot of both and in between. some are lots of fun though ive no idesa who andys been hanging with lately
Sarah Lawrence College is a private liberal arts college in New York. It has a very good reputation, it is quite famous and Yoko Ono studied art there. I doubt Andy Rourke hangs around with students from Sarah Lawrence College.

I heard Andy Rourke's particular scene isn't good. It can be fake, cliquey, stuck-up and immature. The scene has a bad vibe about it. I understand it was exactly the same when Andy Rourke was living in Manchester. So it has nothing to do with New York as a city. New York is still a great, vibrant city, with great people living there!

Do you have any opinion on Nick Swisher? He is a famous American professional baseball outfielder and primarily a first baseman, he used to play for the New York Yankees. I understand Andy Rourke and his entourage had a run in with Nick Swisher. They were nasty to him.

James Franco must be one of the celebs Andy hangs out with.

This is a video of Larry King interviewing Nick Swisher:

Last edited by a moderator:

it also lies about its address so that it appears to not be on the edge of the neighborhood it really wants to list as its address and actually be located in. it also looks like harry potter everywhere and the only famous person i met there was max bemis and he was just a crazy douche. i dont know there were some really really horrible people there a lot of the time. the coming out dance was a blast but it was full of just the worst. also had some fantastic ones but you had to seek them out. my brother in law got his bachelors there so i spent a good bit of time on campus there and had to sit through anne prachet i think giving a tedious commencement speech. it was almost as bad as hampshire but they were alll trying to pretend they were poor hippies which i just cant stand all together. i didnt spend to much time meeting people off campus in new york so i cant speak to what type are there though i imagine all kinds. when you described his crowd though thats what first came to mind. didnt know about yoko though i wish i did at the time. i think that girl from third planet from the sun was studying there when i was visiting so i think that was the famous person people were buzzing about at the time. really good education though. all of this was the opposite of georgetown which is where my wife got her masters at. i couldnt stand being near any of them. they do all the stuff the other kids did at the other schools but they thought they were better than most were horribly competitive and still did everything kids did at sara lawrence but pretended they didnt. i dont know who the basketball player is but i dont think of athletes as trndies. im not saying they arent but thats just not the type that springs to mind when i hear that phrase used in connection with new york. whatd they do to him etc. i guess i was thinking hipsters rather than trendies. in my mind that phrase is one and the same

it also lies about its address so that it appears to not be on the edge of the neighborhood it really wants to list as its address and actually be located in. it also looks like harry potter everywhere and the only famous person i met there was max bemis and he was just a crazy douche. i dont know there were some really really horrible people there a lot of the time. the coming out dance was a blast but it was full of just the worst. also had some fantastic ones but you had to seek them out. my brother in law got his bachelors there so i spent a good bit of time on campus there and had to sit through anne prachet i think giving a tedious commencement speech. it was almost as bad as hampshire but they were alll trying to pretend they were poor hippies which i just cant stand all together. i didnt spend to much time meeting people off campus in new york so i cant speak to what type are there though i imagine all kinds. when you described his crowd though thats what first came to mind. didnt know about yoko though i wish i did at the time. i think that girl from third planet from the sun was studying there when i was visiting so i think that was the famous person people were buzzing about at the time. really good education though. all of this was the opposite of georgetown which is where my wife got her masters at. i couldnt stand being near any of them. they do all the stuff the other kids did at the other schools but they thought they were better than most were horribly competitive and still did everything kids did at sara lawrence but pretended they didnt. i dont know who the basketball player is but i dont think of athletes as trendies. im not saying they arent but thats just not the type that springs to mind when i hear that phrase used in connection with new york. whatd they do to him etc. i guess i was thinking hipsters rather than trendies. in my mind that phrase is one and the same
You are a guy. I used to think Sarah Lawrence College was a girls only college, but it is in fact a coed college.

Nick Swisher is a baseball player, not a basketball player. He used to play for the New York Yankees. Please see the You Tube interview above Larry King is interviewing Nick Swisher.

You are right Nick Swisher isn't a trendy, that is whole point. That is why Nick Swisher didn't fit into Andy Rourke's scene. That is why Andy Rourke and his entourage were nasty to him.

Nick Swisher is a baseball player, a sportsman, an athlete not an artsy, trendy, hipster type. Anyway Nick didn't know who Andy Rourke was.

I think some trendies and hipsters are similar, not totally the same though.

Last edited:

There are 8.5 million people living in New York City, plus an additional 50 million who visit each year. That's a lot of people. It's one of the most diverse places in the entire world.

That's all, I have nothing else to add.

yeah its for sure coed and there used to be a thing about sara lawrence guys being secretly gay hence the coming out dance they throw at the beginning of every year but its been coed for a while now and that stereotype is super old. theres for sure a lot of people in new york and we went up about once or twice a month but its was always there on in a small group of friends relatives so i dont know much about it at large, the city. it was interesting though.

i know nothing about professional sports and the players and when you said trndies i instantly thought hipsters etc. i also misread your post as the player being mean to him so thats why i was trying to fit the player into the category trendies which doesnt really make sense to me so sorry about that. now i understand what you meant.

i also want to say sorry as rachel pointed out some of you may have also gone to these schools and i dont mean to insult you but georgetown students i just openly hated and the sara lawrence kids just annoyed and amused me but there were of course benign people there as well just not that many or at least that many who stood out. sometimes i just open amy mouth and start ranting without always being as conscientious as i should be so again sorry if anyone was insulted.

There are 8.5 million people living in New York City, plus an additional 50 million who visit each year. That's a lot of people. It's one of the most diverse places in the entire world.

That's all, I have nothing else to add.
Yes I agree with you NYC is a wonderful, exciting, diverse city. Many people live there (of all different types), and many people visit as tourists, business trips and suchlike.

I just feel sad for the New Yorkers that Andy Rourke is living there with his bad scene/crowd and his entourage are there.

Last edited:

yeah its for sure coed and there used to be a thing about sara lawrence guys being secretly gay hence the coming out dance they throw at the beginning of every year but its been coed for a while now and that stereotype is super old. theres for sure a lot of people in new york and we went up about once or twice a month but its was always there on in a small group of friends relatives so i dont know much about it at large, the city. it was interesting though.

i know nothing about professional sports and the players and when you said trendies i instantly thought hipsters etc. i also misread your post as the player being mean to him so thats why i was trying to fit the player into the category trendies which doesnt really make sense to me so sorry about that. now i understand what you meant.

i also want to say sorry as rachel pointed out some of you may have also gone to these schools and i dont mean to insult you but georgetown students i just openly hated and the sara lawrence kids just annoyed and amused me but there were of course benign people there as well just not that many or at least that many who stood out. sometimes i just open amy mouth and start ranting without always being as conscientious as i should be so again sorry if anyone was insulted.
I haven't taken any offense to your writings, although maybe others have. I think you understand what I was trying to say about Nick Swisher now. Nick Swisher was the one in the right.

Did you see the Larry King/Nick Swisher video?

Last edited:

Good point. I find Andy Rourke creepy. Like attracts like I guess.

I first thought the title was "This Charming Fan" not "This Charming Man". Sadly another bastardisation of The Smiths legacy by Andy Rourke.

I wonder what Benny-the-British-Butcher thinks about this? He has been a bit quiet lately.
Maybe the song should be titled "This Creepy Man" suits both Andy Rourke and his latest 'cool' celeb buddy James Franco.

The album is called "Let me Get What I Want" oh dear what an unoriginal cash-in. Andy Rourke has really sold out with this one.

I haven't taken any offense to your writings, although maybe others have. I think you understand what I was trying to say about Nick Swisher now. Nick Swisher was the one in the right.

Did you see the Larry King/Nick Swisher video?

no i havent seen the video. yeah i see what youre getting at. too bad really as i hate to see someone i admire/admired be so petty and malicious. seems pointless

Interesting article. A quote from the article:

"James Franco ….. once a mere movie star, now he’s sort of an uncontainable, unpredictable environmental phenomenon, like sinkholes or St. Elmo’s fire. As an emerging author, Franco’s literary career has been less than acclaimed—grudgingly tolerated, at best. His sometimes-irritating ubiquity has even inspired the über-meta 'James Franco Review', a literary journal in which all work is submitted under the name “James Franco,” with the real (and presumably non-famous) authors’ names to be revealed only upon acceptance. In the literary world, James Franco is a cautionary tale of celebrity dilettantism, more notorious than respected."

Last edited:

no i havent seen the video. yeah i see what youre getting at.

too bad really as i hate to see someone i admire/admired be so petty and malicious. seems pointless
The Larry King/Nick Swisher You Tube video is above here on this thread. Just scroll back if you want to see it.

Are you saying you used to admire Andy Rourke?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom