Article: Forthcoming Colbert Report details; Morrissey to be interviewed by Victoria Wood for Britis

UPDATE 10:18AM PT:

An anonymous person pointed out that the article has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" has replaced "Action Is My Middle Name" in the article on true-to-you.net.

Morrissey on The Colbert Report; Morrissey to be interviewed by Victoria Wood for British television
- true-to-you.net
6 October 2012

Morrissey will be appearing on The Colbert Report on Tuesday, October 9. Morrissey will sing Action is my middle name and I'm throwing my arms around Paris.

Morrissey will be interviewed whilst in New York by Victoria Wood for British television.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Forthcoming Colbert Report details; Morrissey to be interviewed by Victo

Strange to be doing such similar songs. Should be good though. And looking forward to an actual TV interview!

Please try hard at not being a jeb end in the interview Morrissey!
Drop the Royals,Falklands,record contracts and all that crap, granted you can do the meat thing.
Why not have a pop at Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter just to show your up to speed.

Victoria Wood is a genius. Morrissey is a genius. Life is good. Let's all shoulder shake.
I recall Victoria stating that she and Morrissey had in fact been married for a number of months, but due to touring commitments, had yet to meet.... I am very excited.

Very exciting stuff!

I know the Colbert Report no longer runs on UK tv, but does anyone know where the Victoria Wood interview may be aired?

Many Thanks,
Max

Re: Article: Forthcoming Colbert Report details; Morrissey to be interviewed by Victo

Please try hard at not being a jeb end in the interview Morrissey!
Drop the Royals,Falklands,record contracts and all that crap, granted you can do the meat thing.
Why not have a pop at Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter just to show your up to speed.

don't think it'll go on, bit strange this item, for Uk, all done in the USA

hoax

Victoria Wood is interviewing Morrissey for a BBC programme on the history of tea. It will be broadcast next year on BBC1.

:lbf: :thumb:

Victoria Wood is interviewing Morrissey for a BBC programme on the history of tea. It will be broadcast next year on BBC1.

:lbf: :thumb:

Sounds about as riveting as the "Milky" Millwood sound techy interview that does. Tea? Come on Grandad roll us your cap!

I don't get it--I didn't even realize that The Colbert Report had musical guests. Presumably he will still get to talk with Stephen Colbert in addition to singing? In any case, I am excited beyond words--though a little fearful that something will go wrong.

I don't get it--I didn't even realize that The Colbert Report had musical guests. Presumably he will still get to talk with Stephen Colbert in addition to singing? In any case, I am excited beyond words--though a little fearful that something will go wrong.

I totally know what you mean and feel your sentiment. I really hope someone has told our dear Morrissey what Colbert is all about, I'm sure they have, but perhaps Morrissey will only be singing and it won't matter. Morrissey is too sincere for Colbert, if they sit down and start talking American politics and Morrissey doesn't "get" Colbert's schtick, it could end very badly. But I'm sure Morrissey gets it, but still - I worry. This could be disastrous, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It does add a bit of anticipation just to see what will happen(more so than any other show). I will be watching and so will A LOT of Americans. Should be fun.

TTY amended - change of songs - will now be singing 'People are the same everywhere' and Paris.

Morrissey's going to kick ass on this show. :D

Anyone know yet what show victoria interview will be on?

There's a show currently in production called 'Victoria Wood: The Great British Cuppa', which is a two part documentary about tea.
The second part is being recorded in China, India and America, so presumably Morrissey will be interviewed as part of the latter.
These type of programmes usually flit around, so if it's included at all, it may only result in 3 or 4 minutes of Morrissey's thoughts on the subject when broadcast.
It's scheduled for BBC1 next year.
Joefrady posted news of this earlier in the thread

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom