Article: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned (update: full i

Re: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned

he mentions that they'll start recording the new album in February!

Great news! Makes me wonder if Solomon will partake in the recordings or if he is really gone for good? :(

A new album ? Bloody hell he's dragging this dying-death thing out a bit isn't he ?
Perhaps we should run a book and bet on what year "the fate" is gonna happen.
I think the bloke is radio-rental to be honest, I bet he's a f***ing nightmare to work with, Boz Boorer must be a " yes boss no boss " to have lasted so long, no doubt though I bet he'll whistle like a canary when the fateful day ever comes with books and book signings, kerching !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

There he goes with his woe is me shit again. " I get no radio airplay" wah wah wah which is complete BS . Where I live there is an independent radio station and his music can be heard on there sometimes. I have also heard it played on another station as well. Maybe not the new album but his back catalog does get played. Oh yeah and also his comment about dancing. Sure.RIGHT.NOBODY DANCES TO POOR FEEL SORRY FOR ME MORRISSEY. Even though there are local clubs in various places that host Cure vs.Smiths nights oh and sometimes they do play Morrissey. He needs to get over himself . I really think he only pays attention to anything that is a stereotype of what he is. I don't feel sorry for you Morrissey. You don't appreciate anything.One day I heard " I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" in a store . WHO DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS? I want to know. I really do.

Amazing news! My fiancé is Serbian so I hope some thing special happens at the Belgrade gig. Also, fantastic news about new album.

I doubt moz would have agreed to a new deal so quickly. I think he will shop the new album to different labels as a bargaining tool.

In all fairness it has been a few months since he was dropped. He had a while in between tours to be in negotiations, so it is very possible he's close to having a deal and it just hasn't been announced yet.

Amazing news! My fiancé is Serbian so I hope some thing special happens at the Belgrade gig. Also, fantastic news about new album.

Can she translate it for us then please?

Simple folk - did you not see the thread a short time ago about the 14 new songs that Morrissey + band have written (according to SPM himself)?
www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/1334...ed-Morrissey-songs-what-do-we-know-about-them
We already knew that he had a backlog. It's good news that he's planning on heading to the studio in February tho.
Let's hope he continues with the non-chug-rock theme, and Gustavo continues to exert his musically imaginative presence...

There he goes with his woe is me shit again. " I get no radio airplay" wah wah wah which is complete BS . Where I live there is an independent radio station and his music can be heard on there sometimes. I have also heard it played on another station as well. Maybe not the new album but his back catalog does get played. Oh yeah and also his comment about dancing. Sure.RIGHT.NOBODY DANCES TO POOR FEEL SORRY FOR ME MORRISSEY. Even though there are local clubs in various places that host Cure vs.Smiths nights oh and sometimes they do play Morrissey. He needs to get over himself . I really think he only pays attention to anything that is a stereotype of what he is. I don't feel sorry for you Morrissey. You don't appreciate anything.One day I heard " I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" in a store . WHO DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS? I want to know. I really do.

Between Morrissey's whingeing and yours, try and guess which one we prefer to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

>> Google Translate <<

Although you recently released a new album, that you might think of next?

Yes. We wrote a new album and I hope that we will record it in February.

Wasn't WPINOYB recorded in February?

Can she translate it for us then please?

I can ask her a bit later, sure. Google translate leaves a lot to be desired for.

I'm pretty sure the album was recorded in Oct-Nov and finished in Febuary 2014. Then finally released in July. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure the album was recorded in Oct-Nov and finished in Febuary 2014. Then finally released in July. Anyone?

It was recorded in January into February.

Simple folk - did you not see the thread a short time ago about the 14 new songs that Morrissey + band have written (according to SPM himself)?
www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/1334...ed-Morrissey-songs-what-do-we-know-about-them
We already knew that he had a backlog. It's good news that he's planning on heading to the studio in February tho.
Let's hope he continues with the non-chug-rock theme, and Gustavo continues to exert his musically imaginative presence...

Simple Folk? Condescending much?

Question: "Iako si nedavno objavio novi album, da li možda razmišljaš o sledećem?"

"Even though you recently released a new album, are you thinking about the next one?"

Answer: "Da. Napisali smo novi album i nadam se da ćemo ga snimati u februaru."

"Yes. We've written a new album and hope to record it in February."

The one and only time my knowledge of Serbo-Croatian has come in handy to a non-Serbo-Coratian community. I'm thrilled.

Between Morrissey's whingeing and yours, try and guess which one we prefer to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't WPINOYB recorded in February?

Mine. I love you too.Soulmate.Smooches sweetie.Love, your greatest fan.

I recall Morrissey mentioning that he had two albums worth of material - WPINOYB - being one. So that part is not so surprising. I don't think he's ever recorded an album without a record contract. So ... yeah.

I'd rather Morrissey had a crack at the new Bond theme than a new album. I think he'd be a good fit for that. Something Interlude like. A power ballad, but not in a Celine Dion sense. Co-written with Nick Cave and backed by the Bad Seeds. Or... ummmm... Johnny Marr and his band.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall Morrissey mentioning that he had two albums worth of material - WPINOYB - being one. So that part is not so surprising. I don't think he's ever recorded an album without a record contract. So ... yeah.

It'll cost a few quid. Perhaps he can save some money by cutting back on costs for artwork and promotion, rather than the wild excesses of World Peace.

Don't forget, the deal with Harvest was, if I remember correctly, a two album deal, so perhaps the band had songs already ready... No doubt Morrissey would like to work with Joe Chiccarelli again, and that makes sense, to me at least. We shall see... No doubt we'll hear soon once we receive a list of Morrissey conclusion of the tour/year, which is always a pleasure to read.

We also shouldn't forget the songs we already know exist: 'Action is my middle name', 'People are the same everywhere', and cover versions like 'To give is the reason I live'. I doubt if they will feature on a new album but you never know. Boz said that 'Action' and 'People' didn't get included on World Peace as they did not fit right on it and didn't suit the album. I don't know if that was Boz-speak for 'because they are fairly crap' or if they could be tracks on a future album.
Personally I'll be happy with whatever is on the new album as long as it doesn't include 'I didn't know what to do'. That cover version was completely out of step at the Dublin concert when he could have done another song instead. At the same time there was something innocent about the song that made it enjoyable in a perverse way.

He is a sham.

We also shouldn't forget the songs we already know exist: 'Action is my middle name', 'People are the same everywhere', and cover versions like 'To give is the reason I live'. I doubt if they will feature on a new album but you never know. Boz said that 'Action' and 'People' didn't get included on World Peace as they did not fit right on it and didn't suit the album. I don't know if that was Boz-speak for 'because they are fairly crap' or if they could be tracks on a future album.
Personally I'll be happy with whatever is on the new album as long as it doesn't include 'I didn't know what to do'. That cover version was completely out of step at the Dublin concert when he could have done another song instead. At the same time there was something innocent about the song that made it enjoyable in a perverse way.

Don't forget "Kid's A Looker". Wonder what the Boz-speak code for that one is?

A new album is the only way out of the current impasse. Let's hope capitalist music entrepreneur Morrissey, and the label he licenses his next album to, agree a marketing/promotional budget split before releasing it! If he wants to pay 'payola' to get mainstream airplay then that's also to be discussed in the contract negotiations. Otherwise we'll have more T-Shirts saying "f*** ***** Records".

WPINYB was an excellent album but it's now dead in the water, and all but the cult are either bored or LOL at him blaming Harvest. What next? T-shirts dissing Italian venues because Morrissey was too lazy to Google them before signing a contract to play there? A new album of equal or superior quality, if successful, would re-ignite interest in WPINOYB. He could always record his band's versions ye olde Smiths classics if he wants to reach a large Herd Culture audience. He plays them onstage to draw in the punters, so why not on an album?

best
BB

Don't forget "Kid's A Looker". Wonder what the Boz-speak code for that one is?

A new album is the only way out of the current impasse. Let's hope capitalist music entrepreneur Morrissey, and the label he licenses his next album to, agree a marketing/promotional budget split before releasing it! If he wants to pay 'payola' to get mainstream airplay then that's also to be discussed in the contract negotiations. Otherwise we'll have more T-Shirts saying "f*** ***** Records".

WPINYB was an excellent album but it's now dead in the water, and all but the cult are either bored or LOL at him blaming Harvest. What next? T-shirts dissing Italian venues because Morrissey was too lazy to Google them before signing a contract to play there? A new album of equal or superior quality, if successful, would re-ignite interest in WPINOYB. He could always record his band's versions ye olde Smiths classics if he wants to reach a large Herd Culture audience. He plays them onstage to draw in the punters, so why not on an album?

best
BB

Same old same old from you. Will you take your awful taylor swift album and go away?

Either he has a new deal (very unlikely) or he is trolling for one (likely), because under NO circumstances is he going to front the funds for a recording, paying for studio band and putting up the band for a month whilst they record. The chances of Mozzer digging into his pockets, searching for a lonely quid, are none.
Maybe crowd funding, Kickstarter, but he would to get to work quickly if he is recording in Feb.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom