Article: Staples Center NOT going entirely vegetarian for Morrissey according to blogdowntown report

UPDATE Feb. 20, 10:15 AM PT:

Link via article at RollingStone / Yahoo! Music:

The official press release from Staples Center:

STAPLES CENTER TO ADD A VARIETY OF VEGETARIAN OPTIONS TO CONCESSIONS MENU FOR FANS ATTENDING MARCH 1 MORRISSEY CONCERT

"Staples Center not going veg for upcoming Morrissey concert, but adding no-meat options"

Contrary to multiple media reports of Staples Center going completely vegetarian for the upcoming Morrissey concert, representatives for the Downtown venue announced today that they'd merely be adding vegetarian options for the singer's March 1 performance.

“As we have done in the past, we are happy to create a menu with a greater variety of vegetarian items for our guests who prefer these types of options,” said Lee Zeidman, Sr. vice president and general manager of Staples Center and L.A. Live, in a statement....

....A media representative for Staples said in an email that they are still "in talks" with McDonald's about whether they will be open for the show or not. No decision has been made one way or another.

According to-

Staples Center not going veg for upcoming Morrissey concert, but adding no-meat options - blogdowntown
By HAYLEY FOX
Published: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at 04:23PM

Anyone know if this is a reliable source?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Staples Center NOT going entirely vegetarian for Morrissey according to

Are people going there for the fine dining or to watch a concert??? Goddamn what's important is the music not the fast food options at the venue.

Exactly. I have never purchased an item of food at a concert in my life.

Re: Article: Staples Center NOT going entirely vegetarian for Morrissey according to

How many of you on here can say you were @ The Meat is Murder tour? The Paladium in Hollywood California to be extact june 1984 come on tell me & feed me, no meat please.

Bruiser63

Fans who support the idea of a meat-free gig can choose to go meatless that night. Or better still, they can abstain from eating anything. All food production taxes the environment. And obesity... well the costs to society are enormous! :D How hard is it to resist stuffing one's fat face with food for three hours?

He's putting on a 3-hour show? :confused:

I saw Madonna at the Staples Center a few months ago. There was this woman eating popcorn from a bucket...it was more entertaining than the Madonna show. I won't go into details but it could've been a Tim & Eric sketch.

I saw Madonna at the Staples Center a few months ago. There was this woman eating popcorn from a bucket...it was more entertaining than the Madonna show. I won't go into details but it could've been a Tim & Eric sketch.
Fab story there, why aren't you writing books?

Fab story there, why aren't you writing books?

I don't write very well. Too busy seeing signs anyway. Here's a T&E sketch about it:

Last edited by a moderator:

xxxxx

Last edited:

Morrissey, I hope you have considered canceling this seemingly cursed tour in favor of a proper rest.

Bet he "suddenly" gets sick *ahem cough* and cancels if they don't do "all vegetarian".......Also, will he be a douche again and kick David Tseng out of the show if David decides to show up?

eh .. Most people don't eat horses by choice. Anyways, point stands, nothing is really being achieved. Same animals are still dead whether they're served that day or another. I've never heard anyone go "I used to love eating meat, then I went to a gig and I couldn't get any meat and I thought Great! I'll just become a vegetarian!" ... it's like preaching to the converted there, the ones that eat meat will still eat it before/after the show, and the ones that don't will just carry on. Pointless.

If you're eating processed meat, there's a chance you're eating horse - This is big news in Britain you may have noticed - Therefore the choice is taken out of your hands.

As I said before, there are many people who have gone to see Morrissey and stopped eating meat afterwards (Chrissie Hynde is a famous example) - Not everyone will stop but some will have their minds opened slightly and consider stopping. It's about raising the profile of vegetarianism.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...tbnh=182&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=15&tx=87&ty=78

I have. At a recent semi-vegetarian event, where fish was allowed, I had a cod-sicle. Total mess if it started to melt. The place reeked of fish by the end of the night. Definitely can't see Morrissey reaching out and touching fishy hands. If you're going to do it, you have to go full vegetarian.

A...FISH-STICK?? No.

There is a Taco Truck across the street from Staples ( actually there are 2) so I guess I will be tearing up some tacos before the show.

Bobmoz-What does it matter if its vegetarian or non vegetarian as long as he shows up and f***ing sings is all I care about, besides you can't stop the delicious LA hot dog vendors that are outside, after the show.

Even Staples nachos would be better than Danger Dogs and Street Meat.

I have a Mercedes, it's an old one but my hoopty's a Benz. Mercedes have honeycomb vinyl interior. One time I was the designated driver and we went bar hopping on Sunset. My friend bought one of those bacon-wrapped Chorizo things, we were LITERALLY 1/4 of a mile from her house and she puked it up. I was cleaning Chorizo barf out of the honeycomb interior of my car for WEEKS. She wasn't even that wasted, it was the street meat aspect of it. Disgusting.

How many of you on here can say you were @ The Meat is Murder tour? The Paladium in Hollywood California to be extact june 1984 come on tell me & feed me, no meat please.

Bruiser63

To be exact , there was no Meat is Murder tour in '84 , but yes i was at the '85 MiM tour in the UK.

no meat at staples true to you

1 February 2013

Staples Center

Reports that the Staples Center will not be 100% vegetarian on March 1st are playfully untrue. Contractually, all McDonalds vendors shall be closed down, and the only thing burning shall be my heart.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom