awkward conversations

Aah, politeness, social interaction, the mundane, welcome to life.

I play along with the reward that as I walk away I can break down the awkwardness. I heart anomolies, and usually those conversations are FULL of them. :thumb:

The best way to avoid this problem is to simply avoid all social situations with people you don't know very well. That's what I do.

What's an awkward convo? Is it the conversation in which you struggle to find something to say?

How about repeatedly meeting friends of a friend and each time having nothing to say to them but still making a desperate effort to engage in chit-chat that goes absolutely nowhere but leads to awkward silence every time?
If that qualifies, I plead guilty.:o

I don't know why I bother, but I do.:rolleyes: Seems rude not to.

I had a really interesting one yesterday. Last night for dinner I walked my dog to In-n-Out and get a grilled cheese and a french fry and while I'm inside placing and getting my order I tied my dog to a table. So after dinner we walk home and I'm wearing my ipod, clearly minding my own business. We walk past this corner market and an older skateboarder starts talking to me in front of the market. Since I'm wearing my headphones I can;t hear a word he says so I take them off and say "Huh?" and he says staring wildly at me "When you go into the market you can't take your dog with you, what do you do?" I wasn't going into the market that day but I answer what I do any other day I do and say "I tie him to the gumball machine." And he's satisfied with that answer and skates away. It was bizarre but it makes me think about the relationship between an In-n-out table and a gum ball machine. :p:rolleyes:

And yesterday at the drive-thru ATM machine the receipt machine was obviously clogged and gave me the wrong one that said I had over $19,000 in my checking account. So when I went inside to double check (a girl can dream, right?) all the tellers were grinning from ear to ear. So. Not. Funny. Even though it was kinda funny. :p

It's an awkward convo when your having a laugh about someone to your friend and someone overhears the convo says that they very seriosuly they're either very ill or dead and you don't know....that's very awkward!

And yesterday at the drive-thru ATM machine the receipt machine was obviously clogged and gave me the wrong one that said I had over $19,000 in my checking account. So when I went inside to double check (a girl can dream, right?) all the tellers were grinning from ear to ear. So. Not. Funny. Even though it was kinda funny. :p

You have no luck at stores do you. Is this a regular problem or just this week?

You have no luck at stores do you. Is this a regular problem or just this week?

Ummmm, my life is regularly different, but not regularly unpleasant.

The Song Rip It Up by Orange Juice Is Playing And I see a girl nodding her head.
Me : "I really like Orange Juice"
Attractive Girl At Indie Club : "Me Too, They're so under-rated"
Me: "And they had a black bassist, go them"
Attractive Girl At Indie Club : "Really....Oh....."
Me : "Is that a problem?"
Attractive Girl At Indie Club : "Well...Not Really. I mean I'm not racist, I once f***ed a Paki"
Me : "Oh.." (Slowly walks away cutting his loses)

Hahahaha! Ohhh dear! That was the best answer she could come up with :lbf:

Oh well....she may have condradicted herself there too! Depending on the context she was saying it!

I dont think there was any context. A person who uses the phrase Paki isn't going to be the sort of person I'd wanna spend more time with.

Ahhh, there's a long discussion about the word and how it's used....I say f*** the word, it's racist!

You know you are from Sweden when....

40. You´ve ended several conversations with “japp….så är det det…mmm” followed by an uncomfortable staring at the ground whilst shuffling some snow around with your foot…

Back
Top Bottom