Bargain or did you pay too much?

crotty32

Hi,while I am very happy with cds I have bought the last three white label albums (one signed).I have bought what I consider a bargain but my wife thinks I'm mad eg I bought a viva hate promo box set with the two promo photos signed for £75 about 10/12 years ago.Has anyone ever massively over paid for an item and has "buyers regret "?

Back in the early 2000's I bought a That's Entertainment promo for $7. That's the only real bargain I can think of. I try not to think of what I paid too much for because I am sure there is much more there that exceeds what I saved on that promo... haha

I don't think I have ever over paid for anything at the time of purchase, but I imagine some items may now be worth less than the price I paid?

I use to enjoy visiting record fairs where, if you were lucky, you might find a rarity at a lot less than it's true value plus you got to inspect its condition before handing over the money

Around 2005 or 06 I picked up a still sealed in shrink wrap Maladjusted US pressing for $10.00 That was my biggest bargain, I can't think of something I outright over paid for. It usually involves trades and some cash to who ever I am trading.. Those days sure have dried up.

Question
Why not buy them at the time ?
You are aware of how many are for sale at each show and on mporium. I don't go to each show with $2000 to spend just on merchandise. But I have bought at least 1 or 2 at all the shows I've been to..... but I've also found some good deals below retail value through the years, and others have helped the cause. But im not collecting for money(although value has risen) but to keep the history of Morrissey tours alive

You are aware of how many are for sale at each show and on mporium. I don't go to each show with $2000 to spend just on merchandise. But I have bought at least 1 or 2 at all the shows I've been to..... but I've also found some good deals below retail value through the years, and others have helped the cause. But im not collecting for money(although value has risen) but to keep the history of Morrissey tours alive
Fair enough
I used to have a contact at mporium who prior to that site was connected to the merch sellers and was able to get old stock from time to time, which was good for such instances. He still hasn’t manager to get me a spare Italy 2012 T-shirt which is a real disappointment. Some gigs nowadays, I just buy two of certain ones - usually the ones with dates on the back. For some reason, I tend not to buy the one off gig T-shirt’s, off the top of my head, Paris/Ally Pally 09 and Hull 15/Manc 16 and then wish I did later.

Thats me also, but I've learned thats what everyone buys , so the rare ones are the ones that no one buys.. .I bet thats nice knowing someone at mporium... I wish I had that....kudos

Every day I over pay for Morrissey tour shirts, but I have a great collection.....so it is what it is.
I bought a signed Edith Sidwell 1991 tour tshirt that was signed by all the band from the Boston gig.I paid $150 with postage which was around £100 then,I think it was a bargain.

I put it in a frame and put a morrissey patch with if as I like the font,I also bought a ticket from that concert.Question am I massively pathetic?

Looking at discogs, I just saw another bargain. I paid $45 for Live at Earls Court mint condition vinyl for $40 in 2012. According to discogs, last one sold on there last month for $269.

Back
Top Bottom