bengali help

lostsoul2

full time moz fan
did morrissey ever sing these lyrics i have not heard this before

Note: Early versions of the song (with the Smiths but after Marr had left) included the lyrics: "Misguided Bengali! Misguided Bengali!", "A terrible jumper, a shame it's an old one, has anyone told him?" and "and not to depress you - shelve your Western plans, goodbye!" Most of the variations above between the printed lyrics and the sung ones stem from the song's post production and don't apply to these early versions.

did morrissey ever sing these lyrics i have not heard this before

Note: Early versions of the song (with the Smiths but after Marr had left) included the lyrics: "Misguided Bengali! Misguided Bengali!", "A terrible jumper, a shame it's an old one, has anyone told him?" and "and not to depress you - shelve your Western plans, goodbye!" Most of the variations above between the printed lyrics and the sung ones stem from the song's post production and don't apply to these early versions.

Where on earth did you get that information from?

I've heard something very similar. Mozipedia?

Those lyrics are from the demo version recorded after the end of The Smiths and the beginning of Morrissey's solo career. If I'm not mistaken there was a rockish version recorded with Ivor Perry. "Songs That Saved Your Life" has the whole story, I think.

Those lyrics are from the demo version recorded after the end of The Smiths and the beginning of Morrissey's solo career. If I'm not mistaken there was a rockish version recorded with Ivor Perry. "Songs That Saved Your Life" has the whole story, I think.

I would give my Nans right arm to hear those. Morrissey is a naughty boy, this does seem rather personal and makes me think he was attacking someone rather than attacking a race.
Working class boys do like to hit low

I would give my Nans right arm to hear those. Morrissey is a naughty boy, this does seem rather personal and makes me think he was attacking someone rather than attacking a race.
Working class boys do like to hit low

Oh do they!

Back
Top Bottom