Best live performance of a song?

SweetnTenderYorkshireman

What would you say is the best live performance of song by Moz?
I would have to say the Introducing Morrissey version of “Speedway”- spectacular towards the end.
Honourable mention - the version of “Life is a Pigsty” that transitions into “Auld Lang Syne” and then explodes into “How Soon is Now?” on the Hollywood Bowl Film.

share below!

I think for me Hollywood Bowl 25 live also, but Please Please Please
He looks straight into the camera with such sincerity of heart and has to leave the stage.
His eyes are glistening with tears it’s moving and it’s genuine.
Towards the end it’s quite raucous and thunderous.

Yeah, Please Please from Hollywood Bowl is definitely one of his very best. Jack the Ripper from Who Put...is also up there. As is There is a light off of the same dvd.

Miming but still like this one.

Great song that's been kind of forgotten.

If you are asking about recorded live performances, then There Is A Light from the Who Put the M DVD. Otherwise, Asleep from the London O2 Arena 2014 gig. Terrible venue, great concert.

Now My Heart is Full, Chile 2004.

Jack the Ripper, Chicago 2004.

The last truly depressing people you never want to know
The last truly “British” people.

The only time is was played. Dropped the following night for Camden (the only time that was played in the UK)
That Brixton gig, the scenes outside after the gig. Approximately 300 black youths charging down towards the tube station, with looting on their minds. Morrissey mentioned on stage about David Cameron’s speech that afternoon. “As if David Cameron has even been to Tottenham” - in response to the previous nights shameful scenes in N17

The only time is was played. Dropped the following night for Camden (the only time that was played in the UK)
That Brixton gig, the scenes outside after the gig. Approximately 300 black youths charging down towards the tube station, with looting on their minds. Morrissey mentioned on stage about David Cameron’s speech that afternoon. “As if David Cameron has even been to Tottenham” - in response to the previous nights shameful scenes in N17
did they, aye pal?

Back
Top Bottom