Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m of the belief that these things are in a vault for a reason: it’s safer than a bin. I consider myself a fan, but I’ve zero appetite for the crap versions of the great songs I own. If The Smiths are to be revisited there’s but one answer. And in Morrissey’s world of shrinking opportunities it will definitely be crossing his mind.
I know what you’re saying but that isn’t always necessarily true - REM had a lot of good unreleased material, I read an interview where they just said it was to do with the volume of material they recorded at the time, or that they got bored with a particular song.

Or it could just be that it’s unreleasable shit!

The Central post appears 1 day before the third anniversary of Low In High School - coincidence!? :)
FWD.

🤒
you would think Radish would use the opportunity to go work at BMG now that they are hiring snowflakes. But she is going to stick with the dole plus no job.:blushing:

Morrissey’s Central veers between total anarchy and ‘enough rope’. Imagine working for a record company and researching Morrissey’s online profile: (1) Morrissey Solo and (2) Morrissey Central. It makes The Sex Pistols seem like light entertainment.

It's totally wtf.

It would be obviously not terminal - but you either have to get the social media under control or create a structure around his madness & that's your problem.

Till he dies. Then he's in the clear.

Once you can reveal the extent of the homophobia that shaped his press without fear of upsetting him then it's over. How can they possibly claim Finsbury is a sign of his racism when it's in print that he was being verbally abused for his sexuality & no journalist thought that was A Bad Thing? Kill Finsbury, you've killed the lot.

Skinny has all the inside dirt. Did you know that Morrissey and Mike Joyce were lovers? He can't tell us who told him but it's a very reliable source.
If UnclePeter says that it is true, then it must indeed be true. He is never, ever wrong about anything. Ever. He is a genius and far more intelligent than everybody else in the world. Sometimes he even posts things in Latin! Get that! Latin! And he's met Brian May at an airport carousel. Also, he once sent a fan letter to Johnny Bridgewood...Johnny didn't actually reply but he's still Peter's best friend. Oh and he's paid off his mortgage, has money in the bank and is happily married...we know this because he likes to tell us...every single day. Because he's very clever. And not racist. He's so not racist that he wears 'I'm not racist' socks. If only we could all be like Peter and spend all day obsessing about a singer that we proclaim not to like...what a wonderful world it would be. Sigh.

If UnclePeter says that it is true, then it must indeed be true. He is never, ever wrong about anything. Ever. He is a genius and far more intelligent than everybody else in the world. Sometimes he even posts things in Latin! Get that! Latin! And he's met Brian May at an airport carousel. Also, he once sent a fan letter to Johnny Bridgewood...Johnny didn't actually reply but he's still Peter's best friend. Oh and he's paid off his mortgage, has money in the bank and is happily married...we know this because he likes to tell us...every single day. Because he's very clever. And not racist. He's so not racist that he wears 'I'm not racist' socks. If only we could all be like Peter and spend all day obsessing about a singer that we proclaim not to like...what a wonderful world it would be. Sigh.
And he’s a Nazi

Apparently, in another boast, he states that he shares the same birthday as Johnny Marr.
Quelle surpris! I'm sure you can change your name by deed poll, but not your actual date of birth, but maybe he has contacts in the right places :rolleyes:

Is it not more a case that his three album contract has been fulfilled and they decided not to sign him up again?

I particularly like the ‘I’m not racist’ socks remark🤣

I'd forgotten about all of those. There's no end to it, clearly.

he is also most likely on the autistic spectrum which is never talked about cause it is still a taboo but explains all of his hyperfixations like charts, meat industry and also troubles to understand others points of view and difficulties playing by rules that don't make sense to him

Yeah - it's a strong possibility. He has every symptom.

I'd love to see video of that meeting with Brian May. I'm sure skinny let him know that he's very smart by using some scientific reference, but what?

The Central post appears 1 day before the third anniversary of Low In High School - coincidence!? :)
FWD.
Guess it wouldn't be insane to speculate that 3 years from the day of the first album release would give BMG a termination date. Anal, maybe, but not quite insane.

Morrissey will record and release another album..
Morrissey will return to the live circuit, whenever this may be ??

Morrissey will continue to be morrissey.... and we will continue to love him....
My goodness, there are some nervous Nelly's on this site.......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom