BMG signing other bands

Well, you can either look to the link that I just posted which features the actual sentiments of BMG’s CEO or you can continue to consult your vivid delusion which is where you get all of your Morrissey information in the first place.

Delusion? - in the UK the entire arts industry has been rushing to pledge itself to diversity, anti-racism and decolonisation in hiring, engagement, activism, outreach & every other part of the business.

BMG is no different.

In order to improve “representation of minority and diverse groups” at the company, BMG says that it now plans to “hard-wire diversity drivers” into its HR and recruitment processes, which include “holding managers responsible for the diversity of the teams they recruit and adding this to their annual objectives”.

Among other initiatives, BMG says it will define expectations for racial, gender, and minority representation for each of its operations worldwide. Unconscious bias training will also be introduced for all staff.

Meanwhile, a new global Diversity & Inclusion Council will be created at BMG, which the firm says will have an overview of and advise on all D&I initiatives in the company.

“This past two weeks have been a wake-up call for everyone. Like many companies we have had diversity initiatives in place for some time. We have passionate champions for diversity. We believe in diversity. But something like this comes along and you look at the reality. And you have to say, ‘We have got to do more’.”

“Musically we have one of the most diverse rosters in. the industry – from KSI, Run The Jewels and Rejjie Snow, Kamille and Jones to Kylie, DMA’s and Aled Jones & Russell Watson in recordings to Mabel, FKA Twigs, Richard Hawley and Roger Waters in publishing. Whether by genre or colour of skin, our roster covers all bases. Music is music.”

So if BMG are telling Morrissey what music to make & how to behave or they won't release his next album (which is what seems to have happened) - then the two quotes about diversity & not allowing artists to languish are cant.

Delusion? - in the UK the entire arts industry has been rushing to pledge itself to diversity, anti-racism and decolonisation in hiring, engagement, activism, outreach & every other part of the business.

BMG is no different.

In order to improve “representation of minority and diverse groups” at the company, BMG says that it now plans to “hard-wire diversity drivers” into its HR and recruitment processes, which include “holding managers responsible for the diversity of the teams they recruit and adding this to their annual objectives”.

Among other initiatives, BMG says it will define expectations for racial, gender, and minority representation for each of its operations worldwide. Unconscious bias training will also be introduced for all staff.

Meanwhile, a new global Diversity & Inclusion Council will be created at BMG, which the firm says will have an overview of and advise on all D&I initiatives in the company.

“This past two weeks have been a wake-up call for everyone. Like many companies we have had diversity initiatives in place for some time. We have passionate champions for diversity. We believe in diversity. But something like this comes along and you look at the reality. And you have to say, ‘We have got to do more’.”

“Musically we have one of the most diverse rosters in. the industry – from KSI, Run The Jewels and Rejjie Snow, Kamille and Jones to Kylie, DMA’s and Aled Jones & Russell Watson in recordings to Mabel, FKA Twigs, Richard Hawley and Roger Waters in publishing. Whether by genre or colour of skin, our roster covers all bases. Music is music.”

So if BMG are telling Morrissey what music to make & how to behave or they won't release his next album (which is what seems to have happened) - then the two quotes about diversity & not allowing artists to languish are cant.
Yes, thanks Karen. Very good. That's the article that I just linked, which backs up everything I was saying about their emphasis being on staff and past contracts and not on their roster which they acknowledge as already being incredibly diverse.

There is absolutely no way that anyone at BMG told Morrissey "what music to make" and that "seems to have happened" in your imagination only.

Yes, thank Karen. Very good. That's the article that I just linked, which backs up everything I was saying about their emphasis being on staff and past contracts and not on their roster which they acknowledge as already being incredibly diverse.

There is absolutely no way that anyone at BMG told Morrissey "what music to make" and that "seems to have happened" in your imagination only.

No - it doesn't back up what you're saying. Their diversity policies are going to look at everything to do with their business - not just old contracts. And as you think Morrissey is saying he was dumped FOR diversity it would make no f***ing sense that they're boasting of already being diverse.

The post is complaining that they're NOT living up to their promises.

Have you ever been signed? Because they're always trying to tell artists what to do - & he would hardly mention it was important to do music his own way if no one was suggesting he do it differently.

It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave

No - it doesn't back up what you're saying. Their diversity policies are going to look at everything to do with their business - not just old contracts. And as you think Morrissey is saying he was dumped FOR diversity it would make no f***ing sense that they're boasting of already being diverse.

Have you ever been signed? Because they're always trying to tell artists what to do - & he would hardly mention it was important to do music his own way if no one was suggesting he do it differently.

It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave

As for diversity, Morrissey's band doesn't count - they signed Morrissey, not the band. Also, if Morrissey took a stand and said he was bi or gay or whatever instead of this "humasexual" thing, it would count as diverse. Instead, he's been so mysterious and wishy washy about his sexuality, that people (including many on this forum) think he's straight.

The label probably told him to do some interviews or go on tv to promote his records, like every artist does. Interviews with his nephew on his sub-par website don't count. That is expected, professional behavior. Apparently, this was too much to ask of him.

A legacy act like Morrissey isn't signed under the expectation that the label will get to boss him around. They probably asked him to do a bit of press and that's it -- the idea that they're telling him what kind of music to make is absurd and only highlights how little you know what you're talking about. He's not some teenager with a team of vultures orchestrating every move of his career, he's the former frontman of one of the most popular rock bands of all time making the best of his uneven third act.

As for diversity, Morrissey's band doesn't count - they signed Morrissey, not the band. Also, if Morrissey took a stand and said he was bi or gay or whatever instead of this "humasexual" thing, it would count as diverse. Instead, he's been so mysterious and wishy washy about his sexuality, that people (including many on this forum) think he's straight.

The label probably told him to do some interviews or go on tv to promote his records, like every artist does. Interviews with his nephew on his sub-par website don't count. That is expected, professional behavior. Apparently, this was too much to ask of him.

Of course his band counts - they can prove he's working with non-white musicians. And humasexual is not straight.

Not doing publicity is a serious problem - but I don't think it's lack of professionalism as such. We know he has anxiety & depression. And the other rumour does seem highly likely.

A legacy act like Morrissey isn't signed under the expectation that the label will get to boss him around. They probably asked him to do a bit of press and that's it -- the idea that they're telling him what kind of music to make is absurd and only highlights how little you know what you're talking about. He's not some teenager with a team of vultures orchestrating every move of his career, he's the former frontman of one of the most popular rock bands of all time making the best of his uneven third act.

Do you actually believe that you will reach a stage in your career when corporations will hand over money & not try to interfere in the end product???

Because you're in for rude awakening.

No one is that big. Ever.

Do you actually believe that you will reach a stage in your career when corporations will hand over money & not try to interfere in the end product???

Because you're in for rude awakening.

No one is that big. Ever.
I definitely don't need you to educate me on the ins and outs of the music industry. You're out of your depth. No one is telling Morrissey how to make his music. He's histrionic and dishonest and he tried to save face after they decided not to renew his contract by pulling a classic "you can't fire me, I quit."

I definitely don't need you to educate me on the ins and outs of the music industry. You're out of your depth. No one is telling Morrissey how to make his music. He's histrionic and dishonest and he tried to save face after they decided not to renew his contract by pulling a classic "you can't fire me, I quit."

I'll politely assume you're pissed & have forgotten how creative projects are put together.

Back
Top Bottom