BNP may face court injunction

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens, if they are breaking laws then they certainly must face disciplinary action and the consequences of going against established political acts.

However, I am intrigued at the end of this article that the Department for Children, Schools and Families is considering putting a ban on teachers joining or being part of the BNP. It is strange to think that these people claim the BNP discriminate when they themselves are surely committing an act of discrimination by refusing people admittance to teaching jobs based on their political stance. I think that so long as the politics do not affect you in the work place and that you can do your job properly and allow a harmonious working environment without implementing political, social, sexist or racial prejudice; or any kind of controversial prejudice for that matter, then you should be able to take a job.

However, I think this case of the British National Party possibly going against the law and breaching political acts must definately be addressed and, in this context, severe action must be taken to ensure their discrimination is stemmed.

(p.s. Please do not think I support anything that the BNP stands for. I think they are politically and socially retarded. They are stagnated in their opinions and they cannot see that society and time has changed. I also know that some parents shall feel strongly against a member of the BNP teaching their children but, as I said before, I think so long as these individuals do not let politics affect their job and that they teach according to set syllabus and curriculums to ensure a fair, balanced education for the recipients then we cannot discriminate against them)

Love PTxx.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens, if they are breaking laws then they certainly must face disciplinary action and the consequences of going against established political acts.

However, I am intrigued at the end of this article that the Department for Children, Schools and Families is considering putting a ban on teachers joining or being part of the BNP. It is strange to think that these people claim the BNP discriminate when they themselves are surely committing an act of discrimination by refusing people admittance to teaching jobs based on their political stance. I think that so long as the politics do not affect you in the work place and that you can do your job properly and allow a harmonious working environment without implementing political, social, sexist or racial prejudice; or any kind of controversial prejudice for that matter, then you should be able to take a job.

However, I think this case of the British National Party possibly going against the law and breaching political acts must definately be addressed and, in this context, severe action must be taken to ensure their discrimination is stemmed.

(p.s. Please do not think I support anything that the BNP stands for. I think they are politically and socially retarded. They are stagnated in their opinions and they cannot see that society and time has changed. I also know that some parents shall feel strongly against a member of the BNP teaching their children but, as I said before, I think so long as these individuals do not let politics affect their job and that they teach according to set syllabus and curriculums to ensure a fair, balanced education for the recipients then we cannot discriminate against them)

Love PTxx.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people on here who seem to think that if you try and look at this sort of thing logically and objectively then you must be a Nazi sympathiser :rolleyes:

Don't agree with their views but it doesn't mean they don't have a right to express them. Let's face it, they are all mouth and no action- almost laughable in their patheticness.

We should be more worried about certain fractions of the community who do not bother discrimnating when they try and blow themselves up in front of nightclubs, in the underground, at airports etc. These extremists are the real threat to our society.

I think most teachers union work under the same ethos as UNISON which is...

UNISON's membership is made up of individuals from all walks of life and all parts of the world. Every one of them is entitled to be treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.

Challenging discrimination and winning equality is at the heart of UNISON's policies. Because we recognise that equality is an inseparable part of all trade union issues, we actively campaign for equality in the workplace and in the wider world

It's usually when the unions, schools, police ect, find out that members?employers are supported the BNP(membership) that they are kicked out/sacked, not stopping them from joining:confused: that seemed strange yet they are probably trying to make it clear what type of person they want or DON'T want.

Love PTxx.

I wouldn't want Nazi scum teaching my kid and if that's discrimination then so be it...

Back
Top Bottom