"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:

LUV IT !!!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:rock::thumb:

the groove made me think of Lover to be’ and for some reason Bill Withers ‘Use Me’. Of course with Thelma belting it out gave it that ‘Gimme Shelter’ vibe.
Love the sax and lead guitar, more please!

‘Little Joe never once gave it away..’ ;)

Cabaret singer and pianist Bobby Short?

“Although Short never publicly declared that he was gay, it was well known among his friends, fellow musicians, and even among some of his fans. When asked by a friend why he hadn't taken part in any of the gay pride marches of the 1970s and 1980s, Short's response was, "I have a living to make! I can't afford to march in the Gay Pride Parade."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Short

Probably not.

Ketamine Sun, don't know who you are, but you and I seem to be the only few Moz Music lovers here...your comments make the haters shrivel in their own bubbly poisonous venom.

Was a bit scared to press play based on some of the comments, but its actually pretty good. Definitely an interesting musical bent for Morrissey.

It does sound as though it was recorded on the same day as "Lover to Be".

Wow, very surprised at how different it is, quite a departure from his usual style but it's really really good, I love it.
The singing is fantastic, both Morrissey and the girl, who adds a very dramatic feel to the song.

Better than probably any song off the last album, to be honest.

Well that was pretty good - it’s certainly something different from Moz, very catchy. Lyrics a bit one dimensional but that’s been the way more often than not lately. Length of the track is also surprising for a single - figured at least a radio edit would be released and then a full album version. Probably would have been better as a 3-4 minute track. Thelma was a great addition and really added to the track. I was hoping that would be the case as opposed to tracks like Shame is the Name and Wedding Bell Blues where blink and you’ll miss there’s someone else singing. As a lead single I probably prefer Spent the Day in Bed though.

But I’m just glad he tried something quite different for him

God, this is so bad. No melody, overproduced, lyrics barely there. He'll really just let anyone write songs for him now, huh? I was listening to the Julie Hamill interview with Alain yesterday and it struck me as such a shame because he's still writing instrumentals that have Morrissey's melodic sensibility all over them. Every time he played one of his new songs, all you can really do is hear the potential Morrissey vocal. But now that M is letting nobodies like Gustavo write singles for him, you get dreadful shit like this. If you think this is good music, you need to broaden your horizons.

God, this is so bad. No melody, overproduced, lyrics barely there. He'll really just let anyone write songs for him now, huh? I was listening to the Julie Hamill interview with Alain yesterday and it struck me as such a shame because he's still writing instrumentals that have Morrissey's melodic sensibility all over them. Every time he played one of his new songs, all you can really do is hear the potential Morrissey vocal. But now that M is letting nobodies like Gustavo write singles for him, you get dreadful shit like this. If you think this is good music, you need to broaden your horizons.

The only thing to not like in this new track is that Madness saxophone. Everything else f***ing rocks.

The only thing to not like in this new track is that Madness saxophone. Everything else f***ing rocks.

Quite, and well expressed, sir! It's a cracking piece of music.
Big congrats to Gustavo for composing it. Think he wrote the first single off High School, too. He's becoming Morrisseys most imaginative songwriter since Stephen Street.

Lear, as in going mad at the end?

No! It's the roles great actors become suitable for as they age. Hamlet is about gaining power, Julius Cesare about trying to maintain it & Lear is about losing it.

In the mad scene Lear is actually seeing the world clearly for the first time & it's so horrible that he feels like he's going mad. Which is why actors love chewing the scenery with it.

Moz raging, cursing, misunderstanding, appealing for love & tearing his t-shirt off is extremely King Lear & a lot more interesting than trying to be Hamlet till he dies like the Boomer juggernauts endlessly circling the globe with their greatest hits.

At last, an actual duet.
FWD.
Interlude was a duet. This new single is Morrissey trying something different but let down by under achieving chug rock musicians and a token cat being strangled in the background. A bad b-side, at best. Truly disappointed.

I stayed up past midnight to watch State Of Grace (1990 film starring Gary Oldman, Sean Penn, Ed Harris, John C. Reilly, Robin Wright (in her prime)). Then I listened to the new Moz song on Spotify. Almost wish I hadn't gone near Spotify.

Last edited:
WOW.... just heard it for the first time. What a stunning piece of music . first of all... well done to the band and producer. Also Thelma, she can still whelly them out her voice gets better with age as well... Again something a bit different, how good will that sound live??? VIVA THE MORRISSEY!!!!

Quite, and well expressed, sir! It's a cracking piece of music.
Big congrats to Gustavo for composing it. Think he wrote the first single off High School, too. He's becoming Morrisseys most imaginative songwriter since Stephen Street.
LOL, Gustavo is that you?

Seems like a lot of people are not liking the length or the song. It doesn't bother me too much , but it's obvious t'was recorded under the same spell of California son and that's kinda meh.
I only hope this is not the real album cover that would be extremely disappointing.
I don't like the length or the width and it lacks depth.

marred.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom