Book of Condolence Thread

Ronald Pickup has died at 80. He had an amazing CV.

Ah, í loved him in so many things. But the first was always my favourite, in '87 on the BBC in Alan Plater's adaptation of Olivia Manning's "Fortunes of War" as 'Prince' Yakimov.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince 🖤

I don't normally concern myself with the 'royals', but posted as certainly a character Morrissey was aware of throughout his commenting on them.
Regards,
FWD.

"If it has four legs and it is not a chair, if it has two wings and flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."(Prince Philip, 1986...)

The BBC has gone full Empire-tonto. Every TV channel is broadcasting the same thing; likewise every radio station. I get that people want to watch this sort of thing but to transmit it on every BBC channel is just bizarre.

I don't normally concern myself with the 'royals', but posted as certainly a character Morrissey was aware of throughout his commenting on them.
Regards,
FWD.

I detect some annoyance that Prince Philip has made dodgy jokes his entire life & will be getting wall-to-wall fawning tv coverage & near total fawning newspaper coverage.

I detect some annoyance that Prince Philip has made dodgy jokes his entire life & will be getting wall-to-wall fawning tv coverage & near total fawning newspaper coverage.

I assumed she was linking it to Morrissey's comments about the Chinese

Back
Top Bottom