Bowie RSD double CD "I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour 74)''

For Bowie lovers, also released in 2020

57334_89b1121ef2ac78223167462bc92ba320.jpg

Something In The Air (Live Paris 99) - FLAC à 16BIT44.1khzkbps - 14 août 2020

Life On Mars? (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (5min 27s)
- Thursday's Child (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999, 2020 Remaster) (5min 36s)
- Something In The Air (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (5min 22s)
- Word On A Wing (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (6min 36s)
- Can't Help Thinking About Me (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (3min 36s)
- China Girl (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (4min 5s)
- Always Crashing In The Same Car (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (3min 40s)
- Survive (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999, 2020 Remaster) (4min 28s)
- Drive-In Saturday (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (4min 56s)
- Changes (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (4min 57s)
- Seven (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999, 2020 Remaster) (4min 24s)
- Repetition (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (3min 40s)
- I Can't Read (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (6min 34s)
- The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (4min 26s)
- Rebel Rebel (Live at the Elysée Montmartre, Paris on 14th October, 1999) (4min 13s)

LINK: https://we.tl/t-Ju0fZ2VXag

Best regards

PIVI16

Last edited:
Thank you for both of the files, I got both records on vinyl, but I am super happy to have it digital so I don't have to rip my albums myself. Again Thank You! :)

I tried to write a thank you earlier, not sure why it did not work, anyway
Thank you so much for sharing the two RSD releases, I have them on vinyl and am super happy to have the digital too, and not have to rip my Lp's myself. :)

I know we have some Bowie collectors out there - if there's any interest in the following, I will rip it as I was gifted the 2 CD version, so a digital copy is easy.

Blurb courtesy of davidbowie.com:

DAVID BOWIE - RECORD STORE DAY 2020 - NEVER BEFORE HEARD 1974 LIVE RECORDINGS UNEARTHED:

"I’M ONLY DANCING (THE SOUL TOUR 74)'' (2LP / 2CD) LIMITED EDITION RECORD STORE DAY 2020 RELEASE

In addition to the previously announced Record Store Day 2020 release of CHANGESNOWBOWIE, Parlophone Records are proud to also announce the unearthing of never before heard recordings of David Bowie in concert in 1974 in the form of I’M ONLY DANCING (THE SOUL TOUR 74) on 2LP and 2CD.

Taken from recently discovered sources in The David Bowie Archive®, I’M ONLY DANCING (THE SOUL TOUR 74) was recorded mostly during David’s performance at the Michigan Palace, Detroit on 20th October, 1974, with the encores taken from the Municipal Auditorium, Nashville on 30th November, 1974. The only song missing from the full set on the 20th October performance is ‘Diamond Dogs’ which was unfortunately only recorded in part. To make up for that it was decided to include the encores from the 30th November performance which featured ‘Diamond Dogs’ but also enables a fuller representation of the set from The Soul Tour including such numbers as ‘Knock On Wood’ and the ‘Foot Stomping / I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate’ medley.

The Soul Tour was a radical departure from the first part of the 1974 Diamond Dogs theatrical extravaganza. During a three week break in late 1974, the Diamond Dogs Tour’s elaborate six-ton Hunger City stage set was drastically stripped back, and the tour’s set list overhauled to include as-yet-unreleased tracks from the Young Americans sessions at Sigma Sound in Philadelphia. The Soul Tour also featured a revamped band, augmented to include musicians and vocalists from those sessions, and rechristened The Mike Garson Band.

I’M ONLY DANCING (THE SOUL TOUR 74) follows on from the previous Record Store Day 2 LP release Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles ’74) and is an incredible historical document of a performer and band at the height of their live powers. The artwork for both the 2 LP and 2 CD releases is based on the original design for the programmes available at venues for dates on The Soul Tour. The Soul Tour has taken on a mythical status among Bowie fans, as the tour visited fewer than twenty cities in the East and South of US. This is the first time that audio from this incarnation of the tour has ever been officially released.

DAVID BOWIE - I’M ONLY DANCING (THE SOUL TOUR 74) (2LP / 2CD) TRACKLISTING

CD 1

LP Side 1

1. Introduction - Memory Of A Free Festival

2. Rebel Rebel

3. John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)

4. Sorrow

5. Changes

6. 1984

LP Side 2

1. Moonage Daydream

2. Rock ’n’ Roll With Me

3. Love Me Do / The Jean Genie

4. Young Americans

CD 2

LP Side 3

1. Can You Hear Me

2. It’s Gonna Be Me

3. Somebody Up There Likes Me

4. Suffragette City

LP Side 4

1. Rock ’n’ Roll Suicide

2. Panic In Detroit

3. Knock On Wood *

4. Foot Stomping / I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate / Foot Stomping *

5. Diamond Dogs / It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I like It) / Diamond Dogs *

Recorded at the Michigan Palace, Detroit on 20th October, 1974 and * at the Municipal Auditorium, Nashville on 30th November, 1974.

Musicians:

David Bowie - Vocals, 12 string acoustic guitar, harmonica

The Mike Garson Band:

Earl Slick - Guitar

Carlos Alomar - Guitar

Mike Garson - Piano, Mellotron

David Sanborn - Alto sax, flute

Pablo Rosario - Percussion

Emir Ksasan - Bass

Dennis Davis - Drums

Backing vocals - Warren Peace, Anthony Hinton, Luther Vandross, Ava Cherry, Robin Clark and Diane Sumler.

These recordings have been mastered from the only available sources to provide the best sound quality possible. Any flaws and distortion are inherent in the original sources and we hope the historical importance of the recordings outweighs any such imperfections and does not detract from the enjoyment of the performances.

Regards,
FWD.
Thanks for this FWD. Lovely Jubbly

front.jpg

David Bowie - Is It Any Wonder 2020 (flac 16b 44kHz)

1. The Man Who Sold The World (ChangesNowBowie Version) (04:01)
2. I Can't Read '97 (05:29)
3. Stay '97 (07:31)
4. Baby Universal '97 (03:13)
5. Nuts (05:22)
6. The Man Who Sold The World (Eno 'Live' Mix, 2020 Remaster) (03:34)

link: https://we.tl/t-iiPmaBor5I

Best regards,
PIVI16

I’d like to say thanks again to Famous When Dead and PIVI16 for kindness shown in taking the time to help with these albums which aren’t otherwise on general sale.
Thank you, thank you, thank you both - I’m very grateful and appreciative.

Would it be possible to upload the flacs for the 1974 show and Paris 1999 again? I sadly missed them. Thanks!

View attachment 58864

David Bowie - Is It Any Wonder 2020 (flac 16b 44kHz)

1. The Man Who Sold The World (ChangesNowBowie Version) (04:01)
2. I Can't Read '97 (05:29)
3. Stay '97 (07:31)
4. Baby Universal '97 (03:13)
5. Nuts (05:22)
6. The Man Who Sold The World (Eno 'Live' Mix, 2020 Remaster) (03:34)

link: https://we.tl/t-iiPmaBor5I

Best regards,
PIVI16
Thanks for uploading. I hate to be the guy that asks, but can I please get an re-up? I missed this one.

Hello could you repost FLAC links for
David Bowie - I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour 74) - 2020 FLAC 16BIT 44.1khz & perhaps the 2 other later ? Thanks a lot in advance

Hello can you please reupload
David Bowie - I'm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour 74) - 2020 FLAC 16BIT 44.1khz
& perhaps the 2 other later ? Thank you

Can anyone re-upload the link for "The Soul Tour 74"??
I'd love to have it in good quality... Otherwise, can anyone tell me where to download it in FLAC? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom