Boz Boorer video interview 2016 (life on the road, teaching IBEH, pedals) - Roland UK

Boz Boorer - Life on the road with Morrissey - Roland UK / YouTube
After 25 years in Morrissey’s solo band, Boz Boorer has seen it all. Now, the rockabilly ace opens up on songwriting, pedal-hoarding, guitar maintenance – and his bad habits on the road.

Boz Boorer teaches Morrissey’s Irish Blood, English Heart - Roland UK / YouTube
As Morrissey’s guitarist since 1991, Boz Boorer has played on all the singer’s greatest solo hits. Now’s your chance to learn one of the best, as Boz gives us a video walkthrough of Irish Blood, English Heart.

Boz Boorer on the Boss pedals in his setlist - Roland UK / YouTube
Boz Boorer’s pedalboard takes some beating. In this exclusive video interview, the rockabilly kingpin and long-standing Morrissey wingman reveals how he uses his BOSS lineup on classic songs like Meat Is Murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, Boz. Though - is it just me - or is it slightly weird that he's teaching us how to play one of Alain Whyte's songs, rather than something he wrote himself?

Boz still contributed, im sure.

I think the song and whole arrangement was pretty much Alain's. You might be able to find a song called Not bitter but bored, Boz wasn't involved in that but musically it's the same.

Back to the original comment about it being strange that Boz would teach people an Alain tune, i guess it is a little bit. Maybe Boss requested that song and Boz was too shy to say he didn't write it!

Actually, he plays 3 Morrissey songs in the videos - Irish Blood, Alma Matters, and Certain People I Know, and they are all Whyte compositions I think?

He's in morrisseys band and he's showing how to play a recent popular morrissey song. Not really that weird. Could have been November spawned a monster and it would still be a cool tutorial. It's a morrissey song and not a boz or alain song at the end of the day no matter the selection. It is similar to the song mentioned by the above poster but nobady cared about that song or listened to until morrissey sang his melody over it and put his lyrics to it

great vid. Always felt that Boz had a much wider scope and richer musical landscape as far as knowledge of music and what he has to offer through his writing and playing to deserve a better title than 'the rockabilly ace ' and I've read it before, some how that tag has stuck.

here's the third influence he mentioned ...

Indeed, they are.

I always thought it curious that Certain People... was a Whyte track, since it's basically Ride a White Swan revisited and Boz & Moz bonded over their love of T-Rex.

Great video, anyway!

Actually, he plays 3 Morrissey songs in the videos - Irish Blood, Alma Matters, and Certain People I Know, and they are all Whyte compositions I think?

Indeed, they are.

I always thought it curious that Certain People... was a Whyte track, since it's basically Ride a White Swan revisited and Boz & Moz bonded over their love of T-Rex.

Great video, anyway!

Alain started his writing career by immersing himself in the Smiths and in music he knew Morrissey liked. Not really surprising that T-Rex would be in there somewhere.

He does seem pretty classy and straight forward. Would love to see his perspective of being in the band and I don't mean his perspective on morrissey
He has been with Morrissey for so many years, playing guitar that is. I would imagine Morrissey trusts Boz 100%, could never imagine him leaving the band. In Autobiography it does mention friction between Alain & Boz which possibly resulted in Alain leaving the band? Overall I think Boz knows that it is a privilege to be part of Morrissey's band, were others thought they were equal or maybe superior. I like Boz Boorer

Very good videos! Some of the riffs Boz plays during his teaching of Irish Blood sound like good songs on their own. Man I miss the days of Alain and Boz both making music with Moz. Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, and Quarry will never be equalled.
Next up: a video by Moz explaining how he writes lyrics and decides on the vocal melodies.

He has been with Morrissey for so many years, playing guitar that is. I would imagine Morrissey trusts Boz 100%, could never imagine him leaving the band. In Autobiography it does mention friction between Alain & Boz which possibly resulted in Alain leaving the band? Overall I think Boz knows that it is a privilege to be part of Morrissey's band, were others thought they were equal or maybe superior. I like Boz Boorer
Moz was crying a little bit at the Quarry concert in Dublin (Alain's final Moz concert) so I'd say Moz was sad to lose him but maybe there was no choice. I don't know the real story.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom