Boz in Winter 2011 edition of Total Guitar magazine

I think your opinion is fairly crass. So much for opinions. Please share some of your poetry, since you avoided the question before, so we can better judge you, the critic. 'Now My Heart Is Full' and 'Speedway' have nothing on 'This Charming Man' or 'Still Ill', so now what? Do you see how silly you are? Morrissey is fine. You're not worthy to critique him, frankly, but you can share your blind opinion, I guess, just like every other pointless fool on the Internet. Carry on...
Hey VivaMorrissey, Whilst I agree with your taste, ie that Morrissey is still making great music it's a little unfair to say that you can't critisize it just 'cos you can't write great lyrics yourself. I mean if that was the case I couldn't critisize anyone for anything as I can't do anything myself except write these stupid posts.

Hey VivaMorrissey, Whilst I agree with your taste, ie that Morrissey is still making great music it's a little unfair to say that you can't critisize it just 'cos you can't write great lyrics yourself. I mean if that was the case I couldn't critisize anyone for anything as I can't do anything myself except write these stupid posts.

Good point. I guess I'm just against the theme of Oh, Morrissey is older, perhaps the machine is breaking down a bit, let's kick the living shite out of him, while he's down, and then drag his face through 15 miles of shite while we're at it-type of mentality/attitude. People need to realize, it's not The Smiths anymore, it's not Vauxhall anymore, it's not even Quarry anymore, if you missed those days, I'm sorry. People need to gain some perspective. She's complaining about the "tongue on tongue" and "aunt mabel" lyrics, the f***ing song hasn't even been recorded yet! Perhaps, she could hold off on her overzealous opinion after the song is released, IF, it is even ever released. There seems to be an assault on Morrissey in is latter days, I don't get it, what for? You don't have to like him, bitching about it doesn't change anything and it won't change anything. Why does nobody around here focus on the positives of Morrissey? What a wonderful back catalogue he's given us and how wonderful that he is still giving us, at least, something! Maybe there's more to it, the age of information has too many people with too much time on their hands dissecting a lyric that we don't even know is even ever going to be released and ripping it to shreds. Just a thought.

Good point. I guess I'm just against the theme of Oh, Morrissey is older, perhaps the machine is breaking down a bit, let's kick the living shite out of him, while he's down, and then drag his face through 15 miles of shite while we're at it-type of mentality/attitude. People need to realize, it's not The Smiths anymore, it's not Vauxhall anymore, it's not even Quarry anymore, if you missed those days, I'm sorry. People need to gain some perspective. She's complaining about the "tongue on tongue" and "aunt mabel" lyrics, the f***ing song hasn't even been recorded yet! Perhaps, she could hold off on her overzealous opinion after the song is released, IF, it is even ever released. There seems to be an assault on Morrissey in is latter days, I don't get it, what for? You don't have to like him, bitching about it doesn't change anything and it won't change anything. Why does nobody around here focus on the positives of Morrissey? What a wonderful back catalogue he's given us and how wonderful that he is still giving us, at least, something! Maybe there's more to it, the age of information has too many people with too much time on their hands dissecting a lyric that we don't even know is even ever going to be released and ripping it to shreds. Just a thought.
I totally agree. His back catalogue is marvellous. YOR for me is a fine album with atleast 2 great songs. 50 is not old, his voice is better than it ever was, the lyrics complained about, although I have no context yet (not knowing the songs) sound great. The Aunt Mable line sounds hilarious. I may not be a proper fan (as Vivahate informed me) but I just love the music.

Oh, pull your head out of Morrissey's arse and open your eyes. You're as bad as Julia. If you can't handle any criticism of him at all, why are you even here? Take your tunnel-visioned sycophantic drivel to AYNIM.

I think your opinion is fairly crass. So much for opinions. Please share some of your poetry, since you avoided the question before, so we can better judge you, the critic. 'Now My Heart Is Full' and 'Speedway' have nothing on 'This Charming Man' or 'Still Ill', so now what? Do you see how silly you are? Morrissey is fine. You're not worthy to critique him, frankly, but you can share your blind opinion, I guess, just like every other pointless fool on the Internet. Carry on...

I'm blind... :lbf: let's face it Viva. He could released an album solely composed of farts and cat meows and you'd find a reason to call it wonderful. You're beyond the ability to 'critique' anything.

'Now My Heart Is Full' and 'Speedway' have nothing on 'This Charming Man' or 'Still Ill', so now what? Do you see how silly you are? Morrissey is fine. You're not worthy to critique him, frankly, but you can share your blind opinion, I guess, just like every other pointless fool on the Internet. Carry on...

Actually, I think they do. I think they can stand right up there next to any Smiths song. Thanks for deciding I'm not 'worthy' to have an opinion though.

What assault that according to you everyone is taking part in? On the whole people have been saying he sounds great, he looks great and yeah, bring on the next album.

It does appear you are keen on exaggeration: "her overzealous opinion", "ripping it to shreds", "kick the living shite out of him". If that's what you take from a cordial online discussion then the only person that needs to gain a little perspective it is you.

Back
Top Bottom