Brexit

So what exactly do people think the negative economic fallout will be for average Briton aside from the temporary currency value drop. Might loose Scotland

Mozzer loves Britain so he would vote out I believe or not vote at all.
"You are the last truly British people we will ever know".......

We shall never know because he bottled it with a mouth full of pie !
Yes he loves us so much he refers to us as " The United KingDUM "

Keep calm and Brexit on

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

L O L :rofl:

That Don Trump geezer has just tweeted from Scotland

"Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like
We will take America back. No games! "

Wow and he is running for president ? I think we'll be filing for another divorce if he gets in.

Why the hell Scotland let an idiot like that build a golf course up there I don't know.

I keep seeing articles about the dire consequences but none say all that much about what they are. Pitchfork had an article about musicians saying all sorts of statements but none say why. Damon albarn says democracy failed us because it was ill informed but doesn't say anything informative. None of the celebrity tweets do they just say how dumb the voters were

A direct reaction to mass immigration and the tide has turned and nationalism is winning. A real setback for political correct people that only saw their own interests and not the overall picture.

A direct reaction to mass immigration and the tide has turned and nationalism is winning. A real setback for political correct people that only saw their own interests and not the overall picture.

What's the overall picture

Yes...a real gain for racism and people who hate a strong economy. I see the British pound lowered to a 40 year low. England for the English.

We're f***ed. The racists are laughing..
No No mate.Half the UK are not racists.
To our shame there are some of course.
There's a lot more to it than the immigration issue.
Voting the people who control our life's is what swung it for me.
It might take a few years but we'll be fine.

You missed the point of my post. I said nothing about who voted how. I said the racists were laughing. And they are.

"Speaking as a Father we need to listen to the experts, you wouldn't get in a car if the mechanic told you it had a leaking fuel gauge. Look there's no getting back in the cockpit once you've leaped out of the plane. "

David Cameron 23/6/16

OK but he's a lying Tory twat.
So his opinion carries no weight with me.

You missed the point of my post. I said nothing about who voted how. I said the racists were laughing. And they are.
OK sorry If I misunderstood it's been a long day.
Been in charge of the 8 month old grandson for most of it.

I somewhat agree. If anything it seems like the banking industry and the stock market are facing uncertainty. Same with the drop n the pound. This doesn't mean that renegotiated trade agreements etc can't absolve that uncertainty. It semis like all anyone can state when I ask for what exactly will be the negative economic consequences is uncertainty. Britain will still trade with e.u countries and still work for common security and pass along Intel so I can't see what people are so scared of. I don't think th e.u can really afford to punish the Brits while giving better benefits to remaining e.u partners so I don't see a lot of worry there. I'm wondering if Sweden and Denmark will join the Brits in leaving

I somewhat agree. If anything it seems like the banking industry and the stock market are facing uncertainty. Same with the drop n the pound. This doesn't mean that renegotiated trade agreements etc can't absolve that uncertainty. It semis like all anyone can state when I ask for what exactly will be the negative economic consequences is uncertainty. Britain will still trade with e.u countries and still work for common security and pass along Intel so I can't see what people are so scared of. I don't think th e.u can really afford to punish the Brits while giving better benefits to remaining e.u partners so I don't see a lot of worry there. I'm wondering if Sweden and Denmark will join the Brits in leaving

I don't think they will see it as being about "punishing" us, so much as it not being their responsibility, or in their interests, to protect us from the consequences of our decision. Sure, if we manage to negotiate a new trade arrangement with the EU that is actually better than being a member, then everything will be fine in the long-run. A lot of people seem to be expecting that to happen, but I don't see how it's logical. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if we just end up with no deal. It definitely makes no sense to think we will get a deal that will not leave us worse off in some aspect.

You're right, though, to say that, if we did get to leave without suffering, Sweden, Denmark and most of the rest of the EU would fancy a slice of the same thing. Which is another reason it won't happen.

I don't think they will see it as being about "punishing" us, so much as it not being their responsibility, or in their interests, to protect us from the consequences of our decision. Sure, if we manage to negotiate a new trade arrangement with the EU that is actually better than being a member, then everything will be fine in the long-run. A lot of people seem to be expecting that to happen, but I don't see how it's logical. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if we just end up with no deal. It definitely makes no sense to think we will get a deal that will not leave us worse off in some aspect.

You're right, though, to say that, if we did get to leave without suffering, Sweden, Denmark and most of the rest of the EU would fancy a slice of the same thing. Which is another reason it won't happen.

Britain is to wealthy a trading partner to punish in my mind and to important and lucrative to ignore with no deal. It might not come quickly but I think in terms of trade itll probably end up much as it was. Same with security agreements. It's still in the e.us better interests to keeps those issues closest to what they were. The e.u will feel pressure to try and make it seem like they shouldn't be able to leave without consequence in order to help convince other members to stay but Britain was one of there biggest most powerful members and the rest of that groups still needs them badly. That need will get Britain a good agreement on a number of issues In the end. It's not looking good for e.u in general though. Greece's debt will do.e back as an issue and perhaps France as well. Sweedens political stances afe like ninety percent in line with Britain so if the leave goes well I think they could be next. That is if Greece doesn't get kicked out before that. The markets here in the u.s dropped like five hundred off the Dow then pared the loss to four hundred then back to four hundred fifty. This is in part because people bet so badly for the remain side and just the general uncertainty. I think it will be short lived as peolle adjust and certainty is restored when new agreements take shape

WHO CARES?!

This doesn't effect Morrissey or his fellow Americans and we don't care! Do you think Morrissey thinks about this while sitting on his deck, getting a sun tan, and eating a bowl of pasta with marinara sauce while looking out over the Pacific Ocean? What part "our UK days are over" don't you Brit/Euros understand? Next, some anti-American Brit/Euro is going to post about a Kickball championship cup riot and how many people were stabbed.

I keep seeing articles about the dire consequences but none say all that much about what they are. Pitchfork had an article about musicians saying all sorts of statements but none say why. Damon albarn says democracy failed us because it was ill informed but doesn't say anything informative. None of the celebrity tweets do they just say how dumb the voters were

Look the process was played on a level playing field. All we had to do was listen to the debates from either side and make our own minds up on which box to tick at the polling station for the future of Great Britian and its future generations. The rule was the majority number wins. So we did exactly what was asked of us, cast our votes and the outcome was 'out'.
It was a democratic process and we have to respect it and get on with it. What is the problem ? Great Britian has voted to take back control of its destiny, that's all it is.

While I voted to remain the bright side of this result guarantees another scottish referendum and this time the YES vote will win, once scotland leaves the uk a united Ireland is sure to become a reality, the empire is finished, Up the rebels !!!

No deal: no, but the best scenario would be a "Norway model" (after years of negotiations, ok, you've got 2 years from now on) which basically means you have to accept all EU requirements without having any vote whatsoever (including free access for labour force from the EU by the way). Also it will be hard to reach trade areements with non-EU countries as well as for instance Obama pointed out. Britain is certainly not the first state to be asked and negotiated with. Then there are currency issues etc. The hope is that EU members (to a lesser extent) obviously would like to trade with Britain too withour regulations. Punishment is certainly not a good advice, but as already pointed out I see no reason why Europe should encourage other movements to opt for a leave if you got the same benefits when leaving. So certainly there will be a bit of suffering.

As a distant observer I'm not surprised though that the referendum has ended this way. I may be wrong, but how can you believe a prime minister who was campaigning against the EU for years/decades and then is campaigning to stay... Same applies to some extent to the Labour leader. Mr Cameron may be a historic figure though as he might have ended not only relationships with the EU, but may have also ended the UK.

The biggest joke and shame really was the amount of populism esp. on behalf of the Brexit-campaign including wrong facts etc.

Don't get me wrong I love this country a lot, I studied there, love the music and arts and the mentality (to some extent). I also agree the EU needs a reform in certain areas esp. as far as democratic legitimation is concerned (but it is certainly not undemocratic), but I feel a bit relieved to be honest that special treatments of Britain have come to an end.

“I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back in the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in the department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.” -Morrissey 2013

England for the English...

Last edited:
No deal: no, but the best scenario would be a "Norway model" (after years of negotiations, ok, you've got 2 years from now on) which basically means you have to accept all EU requirements without having any vote whatsoever (including free access for labour force from the EU by the way).

I think that's a few rungs above the best scenario. The political pressure inside the EU is to not give us anything like that good a deal, and I don't see why that would change. And the economic context to make it change is totally lacking. About half of our trade is with them, whereas about a twentieth of theirs is with us. Of course, that's enough to make them care, but they're going to be holding all the cards in the negotiation. Then, from our perspective, we've just had a referendum where we decided we didn't want to be in the EU, supposedly, because we don't want free movement, we want independent trade deals with other countries and we don't want to have to abide by regulations put together in Brussels. But Norway has to abide by the regulations, can't have independent trade deals and not only has to respect free movement, but also has to be in Schengen, meaning it has no hard borders with the rest of the EU. Impossible for a British negotiator to agree to those terms unless we end up economically on our knees (in which case, who would want that type of trade deal with us?) and, perhaps with the exception of Schengen, totally non-negotiable from the other side.

Back
Top Bottom