Official Facebook Brief statement re: London gig (March 12, 2020)

20200312_223225.jpg

(Image used as FB URL isn't set to share correctly).

The most recent government advise issued today is that there are no restrictions on mass gatherings or community events.. The Morrissey show at Londons SSE arena on Saturday is scheduled to take place and is ON. We urge all fans to follow government advise and stay at home if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or feel unwell.
Last remaining tickets available at morrisseyofficial.com

Morrissey looks forward to the show after 2 memorable shows in Leeds and cologne.

Regards,
FWD.

Exactly this. I am not overly concerned that I could get it (although I really don't want to spend a week or two in bed), but I am concerned about the transmission we see occurring, and the fact that older or more vulnerable people could be put at risk by those whom are asymptomatic, barely showing symptoms, or those who are symptomatic but decide to go out in public anyways. No, this isn't armageddon, but it is extremely worrying and the fact that this virus is so new and unknown, we are entering uncharted territory. Science has already shown that it is mutating as well, which could be very bad news. I am getting real tired of people saying "it's just the flu," and other similar things. It's not. The amount of lung damage that we are seeing this inflict on a large percentage of the cases is not just the flu...

While I have tickets to several gigs across the UK over the next few months, I have already seen several of the artists I was planing on seeing post that they have decided to postpone their entire tours out of the safety of their fans and the public. Morrissey on the other hand, makes this fairly lame statement, posts absurd memes and jokes about Miley Cyrus. I am pretty sure that they is more concerned about his bank book rather than his fans tbh. He is the type that would think 'I only have to make it through this one night in London before all of my events are canceled, and I can at least walk away with xxxxxx £'s.' I think that with London currently being the place with clusters of the most cases, I would seriously think twice before going to any event this size at this time.

Agree with a lot of your post. But I suspect the main reason why he'd rather not cancel is that (aside from Leeds, obvs) he hasn't played in the UK for a while and so a show like this at Wembley Arena - even if it only ends up being 50% full - will mean a lot to him. [Or his bloated ego, if you're a hater.]

Yeah, he just wants to kill thousands people for cash. He's probably the one who started it in the first place & then blamed China.
Drama queen as usual. I never said that he wants to "kill thousands for cash," I simply stated that the health and safety is fans is not as paramount in this current situation as putting on this gig. Telling people to stay at home if they feel unwell is all fine and good, but a lot of people spreading this around aren't even aware they have it.

Drama queen as usual. I never said that he wants to "kill thousands for cash," I simply stated that the health and safety is fans is not as paramount in this current situation as putting on this gig. Telling people to stay at home if they feel unwell is all fine and good, but a lot of people spreading this around aren't even aware they have it.

She's being sarcastic.
So what do you want Moz to do? Whichever way he goes, play or cancel, someone, somewhere with a big nose, who knows, will say he's in the wrong. He doesn't make policy, he abides by it, like us all, and that includes the venue. Moz is not a doctor, he doesn't issue medical advice, just for your info, so he's simply echoing the current, governmental advice and doing his duty to remind fans. Unlike in other countries, in the UK there's currently no out and out restriction, so people are still able to choose, you know like adults, to make an informed decision, and either go or not...let me help you out a little:
  1. Is the concert proceeding - yes/no
  2. Do I feel currently feel fine - yes/no
  3. Do I feel unwell at all - yes/no
  4. Am I aware of the risks of attending - yes/no
  5. Will I go to the concert? yes/no
Done.

Go to doctor get Cipro, drink lots of inmunityplus tea. Ginger , turmeric lemon honey in your tea. Do not cough up on the air.

Cipro doesn't work on viruses, only bacteria! Don't spread misinformation.

This virus can be caught by breathing in infected air from someone who doesn't appear or feel ill, but is fully capable of transmitting it. I've heard it's good to drink water or tea though, take a sip every 15 minutes in case you have virus in your mouth - you can wash it down where it'll be killed by stomach acids. Good luck everyone!

Look what's going on in Italy if you have any doubts about its seriousness! It's killed over a thousand there as of today.

It's not Morrissey's responsibility to cancel over a virus unless he has it.

Scotland goes dark on Monday. London really doesn't want to but probably will by next week.

Absolute truth. ...but then, he’s never accepted responsibility for anything in his life, has he?

Yeah, he just wants to kill thousands people for cash. He's probably the one who started it in the first place & then blamed China.
No. He’s going to cancel and he knew it when he posted that. The half-wit “bravery” thing is his way of saving face. He’s already in quarantine in a lovely suite - halfway through a wheel of Kerrygold and a case of vodka.

Fak Arf.

Exactly. ...but have you ever tried reasoning with the folks who live in Melvis’ asshole? Shit-clogged eyes and ears. The lot.

He lives to defy.
Apparently, he lives to die. Imagine if the malnourished, feeble wonk caught it? He’d be dead in 48 hours.

...but the Melvis Dribble Show must go on, despite the fact that the concert has already been cancelled.

“I wanted to play. I really did!” Lol!

It's not up to him. The drama is all yours.

He's just saying it's on so that hours before the show, he can feel a small frisson in his pee pee
when he shouts "I CANCELED IT, I, MORRISSEY! NOT SOME TRIFLING DISEASE! (cough cough)"

Would only risk my health to attend a full on Smiths reunion. No chance would I risk my health to see Morrissey mince around a stage for just over an hour. The Wembley show in 2006 was average, can't see this one being that great.

Would only risk my health to attend a full on Smiths reunion. No chance would I risk my health to see Morrissey mince around a stage for just over an hour. The Wembley show in 2006 was average, can't see this one being that great.

He'd be mincing with The Smiths.

The thought of a Morrissey concert being my last activity before I contract then wither and die of some ghastly disease seems strangely romantic.

This is actually how I want to die.

Wembley here we come.

Back
Top Bottom