Buenos Aires - Luna Park (Dec. 10, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / This Charming Man / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Staircase At The University / You'll Be Gone / Ganglord / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:

While some people seem to want to focus on the negatives as far as Morrissey's career is concerned, it is still amazing to me when I see crowds like this all over the world. I remember back in 1997 when he was playing 14-song shows in very modest venues and it looked like his career was coming to an end. It would have been unthinkable back then that eighteen years later he would be playing the venues and locations he is now.

A new backdrop shows Luis Angel Firpo, an Argentine boxer, but I guess nobody here is interested by now.

CV5uLheWcAARV8u.jpg

While some people seem to want to focus on the negatives as far as Morrissey's career is concerned, it is still amazing to me when I see crowds like this all over the world. I remember back in 1997 when he was playing 14-song shows in very modest venues and it looked like his career was coming to an end. It would have been unthinkable back then that eighteen years later he would be playing the venues and locations he is now.
That's because he is widely regarded as a music legend now, while in 1997 he still had to prove himself as a solo artist.

Still had to prove himself in 1997? Are you sure? In what way?
Yes, hard as it seems to imagine now, in 1997 Britpop was still big and all those bands - though they owed much to The Smiths - had all outsold Moz many times over.
Moz had also fallen out with the British press and after two poorly received albums was really at the low point in his career. The seven year exile that followed was inevitable.

And see how the roles have been reversed. 20 years later Moz is rightly considered an international music legend, whereas most Britpop-bands are just another footnote in musical history.

Yes, hard as it seems to imagine now, in 1997 Britpop was still big and all those bands - though they owed much to The Smiths - had all outsold Moz many times over.
Moz had also fallen out with the British press and after two poorly received albums was really at the low point in his career. The seven year exile that followed was inevitable.

And see how the roles have been reversed. 20 years later Moz is rightly considered an international music legend, whereas most Britpop-bands are just another footnote in musical history.

i find them overrated af, but Oasis are seen as legends :(

What happened to "Boxers" and "Reader Meets Author"? And "Now My Heart is Full" for that matter. Looks like he'll be bringing the same old show to CA/NV in a few weeks for what, the third or fourth run?

Well, I think there have been more changes in this tour than in previous ones, so who knows what may happen for CA.

Great backdrop!

What happened to "Boxers" and "Reader Meets Author"? And "Now My Heart is Full" for that matter. Looks like he'll be bringing the same old show to CA/NV in a few weeks for what, the third or fourth run?

yes I agree! I hope the people who are fed up with him rolling out the same old soft shoe routine will in protest not go to his shows because of his choice of songs he wants to do. If less people show up maybe, just maybe he'll get the hint and change it up a bit.

But if ever does take requests ... At Amber, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, He knows I'd Love To See Him,Accept Yourself,East West, etc...

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom