Channel 4 deny they approached Morrissey to record alternative Christmas message - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that concerns me is that it would likely have to be somebody he knew who knew his email address or phone number. Or perhaps it was set up by someone whose bridge he burned for yuks who sat around laughing as he took the bait. Meanwhile we're thinking Jesse quit the band, this all went down at the same time, like parallel universe prank activity.

I've seen lots of news broadcasts (usually the weather ones cuz they shit themselves around here when it snows and they do these reports that go on for hours and hours on end) and they usually take a call from, like, the road crew guys or other weather professionals and whatnot and I've seen pranksters get through and say something hilarious (or inappropriate...or inappropriately hilarious) right there on live TV. Perhaps someone was able to skate by the first Oracle and get to the second and prank him. In this day and age, information is readily available for those who know how to find it...not that I used to be in the FBI or anything...but it's all right there for the taking.

Side note: I am getting rather tired of people poking the bear and I wish they'd just leave him alone.

Now see here old chap, if we are to start banning things on here may I suggest a few myself ?

i e

You do the math
The letter zee
Trick or treat
In the hole
Sidewalk
McDonalds
KFC
Burger King
Prom night
Hey honey
Everything's bigger back home
Soccer
Glazier family
Drive in
Shopping mall
Lucked out
Limousine
Water-boarding
Root beer

f*** America !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

f*** off and God save the Queen ( and our English language and ways)

You forgot 'Period', I note often used to suggest a remark is final and not up for further discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey ought to go on C4 just to shout "f*** her right in the pussy".
Then he will have won the game of life.

Since he conducts interviews by email now, many journalists have his email address. It could have been someone involved in that arena.

You forgot 'Period', I note often used to suggest a remark is final and not up for further discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey ought to go on C4 just to shout "f*** her right in the pussy".
Then he will have won the game of life.

Ummm, that would be hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with the merest passing acquaintance with TV production (or even an ounce of common sense) would know that no one involved with the production would have expected the offer (and rejection of said offer) to be made public - and of course they would deny it because they don't want to make the person who accepted the gig feel like second best (it's exactly the same with casting when certain actors claim to have turned down roles and the producers always deny it because they don't want the actor who accepted the role to know he or she wasn't the first choice). Added to which, these things are normally done through independent production companies, so when Channel 4 claims "we never asked him", they can do so plausibly because the approach more than likely came via an independent production company commissioned to make The Alternative Queen's Speech, or even informally through a freelance producer.

Sorry if that doesn't fit Benny, Brummy and Barleycunt's world view as Moz-haters, sorry, I mean as "members of the audience"... and no doubt I'll be immediately branded an arsekisser for pointing out an inconvenient truth that doesn't accord with their infantile agenda. Business as usual on So_low then.

I've seen lots of news broadcasts (usually the weather ones cuz they shit themselves around here when it snows and they do these reports that go on for hours and hours on end) and they usually take a call from, like, the road crew guys or other weather professionals and whatnot and I've seen pranksters get through and say something hilarious (or inappropriate...or inappropriately hilarious) right there on live TV. Perhaps someone was able to skate by the first Oracle and get to the second and prank him. In this day and age, information is readily available for those who know how to find it...not that I used to be in the FBI or anything...but it's all right there for the taking.

Side note: I am getting rather tired of people poking the bear and I wish they'd just leave him alone.

Yeah, it can't be nice being pranked by wankers. It's like that Nurse who was tricked by the Australian idiot DJs and then killed herself. You know, and then Morrissey blamed the Duchess of Cambridge for the poor woman's death... Classy.

Face it, C4 didn't ask him. He might, just might have been sounded out by a production company through his manager, but C4 didn't ask him.

Anyone with the merest passing acquaintance with TV production (or even an ounce of common sense) would know that no one involved with the production would have expected the offer (and rejection of said offer) to be made public - and of course they would deny it because they don't want to make the person who accepted the gig feel like second best (it's exactly the same with casting when certain actors claim to have turned down roles and the producers always deny it because they don't want the actor who accepted the role to know he or she wasn't the first choice). Added to which, these things are normally done through independent production companies, so when Channel 4 claims "we never asked him", they can do so plausibly because the approach more than likely came via an independent production company commissioned to make The Alternative Queen's Speech, or even informally through a freelance producer.

Sorry if that doesn't fit Benny, Brummy and Barleycunt's world view as Moz-haters, sorry, I mean as "members of the audience"... and no doubt I'll be immediately branded an arsekisser for pointing out an inconvenient truth that doesn't accord with their infantile agenda. Business as usual on So_low then.

I worked in television for a while. If a production company asked him it does not mean C4 did, or would have even known who was or was not approached. Nice try, but there is no need for C4 to lie. Channel 4 do not need Morrissey. Simply put, he isn't that big a star here in the UK anymore. He's controversial, he's still worth a few column inches, but he isn't a star in the sense of even Gary Barlow. A sad truth widely known.

Of course they did not ask him and why would they? Channel 4 would look more ridiculous than their programming already does if they were to give airtime to a Morrissey alternative Christmas speech (which would consist of him mocking the royal family, discussing how eating meat is as bad as molesting a child, the state of the music business, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, yada, yada, yada, etc, blah...).

Morrissey is obviously severely, mentally ill and is failing to grasp the difference between reality and the thoughts and dreams going on inside his thick head. It is such a shame to see this man slowly descend into increasing madness.

What next, aluminum foil around the head? Buying Neverland? Blah! This is simply too much....

Now see here old chap, if we are to start banning things on here may I suggest a few myself ?

i e

You do the math
The letter zee
Trick or treat
In the hole
Sidewalk
McDonalds
KFC
Burger King
Prom night
Hey honey
Everything's bigger back home
Soccer
Glazier family
Drive in
Shopping mall
Lucked out
Limousine
Water-boarding
Root beer

f*** America !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

f*** off and God save the Queen ( and our English language and ways)

Oh Butcher, Benny. You are ruining the English language each time you post with your nonsensically written drivel. If you want to save the English language, start by stopping. Stop posting and stop butchering the English language with your hokum. Make Britain proud, Benjamin. GSTQ.

no surpise to see jb, bb & benny using their characteristic blend of ignorance & pomposity to perpetuate more anti morrissey spin. anyone living in the real world would immediately realise why c4 are denying it ie they will lose whoever theyve got lined up if they know they're second choice. but no, the combined intellectual might of those 3 'tards automatically assumes its a total fabrication from morrissey for what reason? to sell more tickets in belgrade?? f***ing grow up, you three. you were bad enough before, but with your shiny new excuses of 'im not a hater, im a member of the audience' or 'im not a hater, im here to present a challenge', you all just get more full of shit by the hour.

Looks like Lebron James is going to be hitting that tonight even with his sweaty hairy armpits. What a slut that girl is. I guess Willy can watch.

Maybe Morrissey can use this as one of his black people back drops that he is using a lot recently to prove he is "not racist".

lebron-james1.jpg

Last edited:
This happened when Brummie Boy said he was leaving Morrissey Solo for good.

best

Willy Da Wisp (Currently groovin' to 'Lies' by the Knickerbockers)

This happened when he said Harvest Records threw him off the label....
This happened when he said there was no agreement with 'that drummer'
This happened when he said Kristeen Young's cold made the whole tour collapse

Shit happens, it would appear

"f*** Channel 4" t-shirts available in all sizes at Mporium via Santa Claus...

best
BB

no surpise to see jb, bb & benny using their characteristic blend of ignorance & pomposity to perpetuate more anti morrissey spin. anyone living in the real world would immediately realise why c4 are denying it ie they will lose whoever theyve got lined up if they know they're second choice. but no, the combined intellectual might of those 3 'tards automatically assumes its a total fabrication from morrissey for what reason? to sell more tickets in belgrade?? f***ing grow up, you three. you were bad enough before, but with your shiny new excuses of 'im not a hater, im a member of the audience' or 'im not a hater, im here to present a challenge', you all just get more full of shit by the hour.

moz shouldnt have publicly announced his declining of the offer which is a breach and just dumb if you wanna get future offers, i dont know why he did it really as there seems no gain in any way so ill just put it down to whim, but yeah thats how it works

moz shouldnt have publicly announced his declining of the offer which is a breach and just dumb if you wanna get future offers, i dont know why he did it really as there seems no gain in any way so ill just put it down to whim, but yeah thats how it works

My guess would be that he was offered it, declined for the reasons given, but then couldn't help himself and had to get his message out anyway. When it comes to it Moz can be quite impulsive.

This happened when he said Harvest Records threw him off the label....
This happened when he said there was no agreement with 'that drummer'
This happened when he said Kristeen Young's cold made the whole tour collapse

Shit happens, it would appear

"f*** Channel 4" t-shirts available in all sizes at Mporium via Santa Claus...

best
BB

C'mon Mister Brummy, you can do a much better analysi of the situation. Supposing a young brilliant free lance author had the idea of an alternative Christmas message and tought about Morrissey and maybe they talked about it, then Morrissey did an official statement saying he politely declyne the offer and....bum! Maybe someone of Channel 4 is thinking about it... I'm not always agree with Morrissey, but he's cleaver, very cleaver.

My guess would be that he was offered it, declined for the reasons given, but then couldn't help himself and had to get his message out anyway. When it comes to it Moz can be quite impulsive.

yeah that sounds about right or at least very very plausible. the impulsiveness is part of why i do adore him. i do think him honest as i dont think he makes or would make a great liar.

yeah that sounds about right or at least very very plausible. the impulsiveness is part of why i do adore him. i do think him honest as i dont think he makes or would make a great liar.

No, I don't think so either, I think he has truth as he sees it tourettes.

Here we go with the Brit lies. Morrissey was smart enough to turn "channel 4" down, so now the Orange Army is an uproar because they had already planned their assassination attempt. I bet the old lady president of England, Charlie, Willie, and Harold stupidly already paid them off like they paid off Diana's rag head boyfriend.

Can we ban "bloody hell" and "bloke" from this site? I know it's impossible to ban antonymous Brit cowards from posting, but there has to be a way to make certain words obsolete from posts.

Bit racist innit?

It would not have been Morrissey v The Queen. The Queen will not mention Morrissey and Morrissey does not have to refer to The Queen. This is not Ed Miliband v David Conman. What it would be is an opportunity for Morrissey to deliver a message about what is important to him about the UK and the rest of the world. Morrissey has bottled it and his explanation of it "not being a time to trade slaps" is not even relevant because that is not the idea. Morrissey could talk about thinking more about animals or why we should or should not vote or what he would like people to consider when they think about world peace, but he has declined the invitation and therefore his status is being rightly questioned by his own fans. When Morrissey had the chance, the platform, he lost his bottle and I think this will be very damaging in the future.

The record sales are falling, the audiences are dwindling and he will now alienate more of the fan base. People who like Morrissey's music tend to find it hard to criticise him and I understand that. We think of him as an outsider and 'on our side' and so we tend to turn a blind eye to many eyebrow raising quotes, set lists, cancellations or even mediocre albums. But if he does side step this, I think it will the breaking point for many. Prominent supporters of him such as Russell Brand will be no different to everybody else, they will always want to support him, but privately, I think the likes of Brand will be disappointed in him. However, it is often the way with Morrissey that people say nothing and hope for better times.

World Peace was not exactly brilliant was it? Some good songs yes, but not really a strong album and the tour has been far from successful. Morrissey may be about to hammer the final nail into his own coffin.

Geordie Joe, Salford.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom