chart entry number 13

lostsoul2

full time moz fan
morrisset set to entry charts at 13 and is the highest new entry, so it said on ch 4 text 341

Putting aside all the factors at play such as the other singles released the same week and amount of airplay, it's kind of the right number really. It's not as good as any of the four Quarry singles which all ranked higher, and it's higher than 3 of the 4 Ringleader singles (though I preferred In the Future to this track).

I just thought it'd go top ten because of the recent tour dates and buzz, good and bad, surrounding Morrissey at the moment. Not too far off, though, if it does stay at 13.

Plus it's a song recorded for a greatest hits album, not a new album, and it has no new b-sides and he's losing on the download side of the business. So...not bad in this day and age I guess!

Plus it's a song recorded for a greatest hits album, not a new album, and it has no new b-sides and he's losing on the download side of the business. So...not bad in this day and age I guess!

He is, and it looks as if he knows it.

Just got this email from "Morrissey":

Help Defeat The Crashing Bores

Dear Moz Possee
We are delighted with your response to the new single That's How People Grow Up!

We are in the middle of a chart battle with all the crashing bores. Thanks to you we are doing very nicely as you continue to scoop up the 7" x 2 and CD singles formats however we need your support on the digital front which is where pop records have the edge.

We have two exclusive live versions available. You can buy Live at The Hollywood Bowl here and Live at The Roundhouse here.

Help us win the war.

Back
Top Bottom