Morrissey Central "CHART PROGRESS" (March 23, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "CHART PROGRESS"

Unknown_lelcci.jpg

Having been UK Number 1 on Friday, Morrissey's I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is today number 2.

With the closures of HMV shops, please note that online orders are still being fulfilled by HMV, Amazon, Spotify.
Your support is appreciated.

Regards,
FWD.

Number 1 on where, the first chart outlook didn't come out until today?

Just seen the other chart? Which is odd as it has the Weekend at number 5, yet in the official charts it's number 1 having sold double the amount of IANADOAC?

Just seen the other chart? Which is odd as it has the Weekend at number 5, yet in the official charts it's number 1 having sold double the amount of IANADOAC?

Am honestly not trolling, but are you OK? You seem incredibly invested in the small details of this stuff (ticket sales, chart placements, etc). Nothing wrong with that, it just seems...I don't know, slightly less crucial at a time like this. (And yes, I know, Morrissey himself is still utterly self-obsessed - but it's his [co-created] art so that makes a bit more sense, even though not much.)

The album will get a decent UK chart placing. Far fewer people will have bought it than previous albums, because album sales in general are down and also because lots of former fans now would be embarrassed to be seen with one of his albums. Those people who do buy it will (mostly) love it. And...breathe.

I'm getting fond of how weird Central is.

If they hadn't compounded his problems with 2 pull-quotable interviews, I'd like it by now.

Am honestly not trolling, but are you OK? You seem incredibly invested in the small details of this stuff (ticket sales, chart placements, etc). Nothing wrong with that, it just seems...I don't know, slightly less crucial at a time like this. (And yes, I know, Morrissey himself is still utterly self-obsessed - but it's his [co-created] art so that makes a bit more sense, even though not much.)

The album will get a decent UK chart placing. Far fewer people will have bought it than previous albums, because album sales in general are down and also because lots of former fans now would be embarrassed to be seen with one of his albums. Those people who do buy it will (mostly) love it. And...breathe.
I think this is the most sane post on here in months. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. Surface clearly has some issues, but he does seem a decent sort at heart, just a bit obsessed with a singer he tries desperately not to like. It's strange, but it takes all sorts...

Because he seems to be in complete denial that he has caused his own fall from favour and I find it amazing that an artist I have had so such admiration over the years is now clutching at anything to make out he is still popular. He should just do a proper in depth interview explaining that he wasn't in touch with how the public were feeling and show some humility, he may then rescue something from the ashes. Btw - I have the new album on order from Amazon!

I think an artist looking for evidence that not everyone hates them is slightly saner than an ex-fan looking for evidence that everyone does hate the artist.

I think an artist looking for evidence that not everyone hates them is slightly saner than an ex-fan looking for evidence that everyone does hate the artist.
Is that what you think?

the picture of that dog is heartbreaking........

Yeah, wee soul. Hopefully taken just before he was rescued.

Aside from that, I (serectly) love the way Morrissey & his camp just admit how bloody awful showbiz is, instead of the usual jazz hands.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom