Clubs & bars...

but thats not the reason to go to a bar

the reasons to go to a bar include having a drink, chatting with friends, watching a band. If you happen to meet someone new there thats a bonus but it should never be the point of going in the first place.

I do all of that too, when I go but, the main reason is what I stated above, I give ALL options a chance!!

What's the significant part of these?

If you are asking what is the "point" of these, it depends on the particular bar or club. As I said in another thread which was similar to this one, there are different kinds of bars and clubs and different people that frequent them.

Trendy Bars: Guys are there to get laid

Local sports bar: Guys are there to watch sports/shoot the shit

Bar and Grill: Same as above

Dance club: Hookups

Clubs in general: Hookups

And before I get 100 replies that read along the line of "WELL I"M A GIRL/GUY AND I GO TO DANCE!" Great, but most people are there with the hopes of hooking up, lets face it.

Do you think it's possible to meet "the one you're meant to be with the rest of your life at one"?

I don't believe in such silly notions as the one you described. Bars are great to meet people to bone, but that's about it. If you want to meet someone that you may have something in common with, then meet them somewhere where you frequent. If you like books, you may meet someone similar at the bookstore, if you like lawn bowling, you may mind them at a local lawn bowling club. etc, etc.

Have you ever just wanted to walk-out of one b/c the place was a total dive or in a rough area?

No. I've left bars before because I got bored of sitting there and watching people pick each other up for hours, but I haven't been to any dives or anything. I tend to avoid trouble.

Have you ever had to wait in line to get into one only to be denied b/c you weren't "cool/trendy/attractive" enough?

No.

I have a fantasy of being picked up in a bar. Obviously it's not something I've ever done. We rarely went out to the bars in college because they were packed to the gills with soused fraternity boys and sorority girls. And later... seemed to be no reason and my "date" didn't like places like that. Now I really only go to clubs/bars to hear music.

So anyway: the bar at the Four Seasons in Chicago. I'm drinking a vodka tonic. It's very dark and intimate there. I don't think they have peanuts, though. Maybe someday.

I am nothing without my salty goodness from my nuts.

I am nothing without my salty goodness from my nuts.

can't beat honey roasted nuts I say. You can keep your salty nuts away from my mouth Mr. :p

Dear Mozzy1...you need to fret less and think of all the positives your life has.

I truly believe if you are panicking about finding love (all your posts have that feel about them)..then it will just get harder.One day you'll find love where you least expect it when you you weren't looking.

Dear Mozzy1...you need to fret less and think of all the positives your life has.

I truly believe if you are panicking about finding love (all your posts have that feel about them)..then it will just get harder.One day you'll find love where you least expect it when you you weren't looking.

Oh, please, don't enable her. Let's face it, that age old cliche line that is meant to re-assure those we tell it to: "you will find love one day where you least expect it!" is utter nonsense.

How many people die alone in old age homes, never having been married or had long term relationships? It's a statistical fact that marriage rates are the lowest in America, where the poster in question is from, in over 200 years. More and more people are opting to become SINGLE in this day and age, and not everyone will find someone, nor will giving them plastic, fake, cliche and standard self assuring drivel make it happen either.

You are just enabling her and her pity seeking by doing so.

Why not be honest and tell her "Listen, Mozzy1: You may, you may not, but posting on a internet forum won't make it happen. Just go out and live your life, why do you care? Stop obsessing, it's unhealthy, and nothing will chase a man away quicker than a obsessive, pity seeking woman."

I don't get why people rush to others who are so obviously seeking some attention or pity for their 'predicament' online, rather than just leveling with them. It's rather insulting any of you would with patronize her with such transparent lines rather than just let her know the truth.

Last edited:
I admire people who stay (happy and) single. It shows how strong and independent they are , they don't need anyone else to fuss over them (granted some times thats nice but I got a cat and she demands just as much attention of me as I do her :D)
Don't be a sheep; go you own way.

What about my finger of fudge?

:o I'm glad someone got that when I said it. Answer me this - Is the word Fag...God, I still can't type it. Replace the 'U' with a 'A' in fudge....does anywhere else apart from up here use that as a slang term for a ladys portion?

Oh, please, don't enable her. Let's face it, that age old cliche line that is meant to re-assure those we tell it to: "you will find love one day where you least expect it!" is utter nonsense.

How many people die alone in old age homes, never having been married or had long term relationships? It's a statistical fact that marriage rates are the lowest in America, where the poster in question is from, in over 200 years. More and more people are opting to become SINGLE in this day and age, and not everyone will find someone, nor will giving them plastic, fake, cliche and standard self assuring drivel make it happen either.

Why not be honest and tell her "Listen, Mozzy1: You may, you may not, but posting on a internet forum won't make it happen. Just go out and live your life, why do you care? Stop obsessing, it's unhealthy, and nothing will chase a man away quicker than a obsessive, pity seeking woman."

I don't get why people rush to others who are so obviously seeking some attention or pity for their 'predicament' online, rather than just leveling with them. It's rather insulting any of you would with patronize her with such transparent lines rather than just let her know the truth.

happy soul, aren't you:D

I admire people who stay (happy and) single. It shows how strong and independent they are , they don't need anyone else to fuss over them (granted some times thats nice but I got a cat and she demands just as much attention of me as I do her :D)
Don't be a sheep; go you own way.

Not only that, but I think it is a very attractive quality. People like that are used to relying on themselves, and being alone with themselves. They tend to like who they are, know they are, and be more well settled due to that fact. At least I find.

Nothing is more attractive than a woman who is genuinely strong and independent. Someone who doesn't follow along with others, who has the confidence to admire herself, and actually likes herself and knows just who the hell she is. I mentioned before trying to have conversations with women and asking them "Why" they liked this or that, and hardly any of them could provide any sort of answer. They simply didn't know themselves, and I later found out had gone from one relationship to another; they were needy people, never taking the time to get to know themselves before they decided to know someone else.

I assume that women admire the same traits in men, and find needy, weak, and attention/relationship seeking people just as scary.

happy soul, aren't you:D

Very happy, Yes. It's a common misconception that just because you are realistic and logical that you are 'unhappy'. I'm actually a very happy person. Believe it or not.

Yes I know....but I was trying to be all optimistic and offer a fellow human being a glimmer of hope.:rolleyes:

As for the truth.Well I really can't say as i don't know Mozzy1.

All I know is that being desperate for something is not attractive in anyone regardless and that just chilling out is what is needed.

Or your ringed doughnut?:eek:

Or your Oreo?:eek:

I think I just battered my sausage.

:o I'm glad someone got that when I said it. Answer me this - Is the word Fag...God, I still can't type it. Replace the 'U' with a 'A' in fudge....does anywhere else apart from up here use that as a slang term for a ladys portion?

I have heard that term before. How big are your portions? The menu doesn't say.

Last edited:
Yes I know....but I was trying to be all optimistic and offer a fellow human being a glimmer of hope.:rolleyes:

You didn't offer "hope", you gave her a guarantee that it would happen one day. You were enabling her, and being patronizing and transparent whilst doing it.

As for the truth.Well I really can't say as i don't know Mozzy1.

I don't know what the real truth is either, but based on her posts I have a fairly decent idea of what it may be.

All I know is that being desperate for something is not attractive in anyone regardless and that just chilling out is what is needed.

I completely agree, and that's what I've been trying to tell her.

Not only that, but I think it is a very attractive quality. People like that are used to relying on themselves, and being alone with themselves. They tend to like who they are, know they are, and be more well settled due to that fact. At least I find.

Nothing is more attractive than a woman who is genuinely strong and independent. Someone who doesn't follow along with others, who has the confidence to admire herself, and actually likes herself and knows just who the hell she is. I mentioned before trying to have conversations with women and asking them "Why" they liked this or that, and hardly any of them could provide any sort of answer. They simply didn't know themselves, and I later found out had gone from one relationship to another; they were needy people, never taking the time to get to know themselves before they decided to know someone else.

I assume that women admire the same traits in men, and find needy, weak, and attention/relationship seeking people just as scary.

Very happy, Yes. It's a common misconception that just because you are realistic and logical that you are 'unhappy'. I'm actually a very happy person. Believe it or not.

Even I, having conversations with my female friends have moments where it's like talking to a wall. A lot of women I know have no passion at all, they like the things other people like (normally clothes, tv programs, views, EVERYTHING). There is nothing passionate about a lot of people. It's quite sad really. I love talking to people about things they get excited about, they pass that energy to me. Seriously, talk to the majority of people about what they like and they'll say "such-and -such football team" or " erm, shoes?!" or "Pop idol" but the majority have nothing that really stirs them (ok maybe sport was the wrong on to pick on :p).

I find men who are passionate and know themselves very attractive, it doesn't matter to me if they're a bum or a millionaire as long as they have that strength to be different.

Possibly strayed from the subject there :rolleyes:

I think I just battered my sausage.
I have heard that term before. How big are your portions? The menu doesn't say.

Hurrah! I thought it was just us mucky pups.
My portions are big enough to satisfy an adult male’s daily allowance. (I swear I am getting more 'carry on' as I get older)

Even I, having conversations with my female friends have moments where it's like talking to a wall. A lot of women I know have no passion at all, they like the things other people like (normally clothes, tv programs, views, EVERYTHING). There is nothing passionate about a lot of people. It's quite sad really.

I've had pretty much the same experiences. It's very sad. I tend to have a lot of passion for many things in life, and talking to someone and trying to touch base on anything involving passion or mutual interest (hell, even something that interests them) can be very hard when they, themselves don't even know why they like it, or why it makes them feel great.

So many people just sit in front of the television and let their minds go, never using it as a tool to inspire, motivate, enrich or entice them into doing or thinking or believing in something more than what they are seeing on the screen. It really is quite sad, but it makes finding those who don't conform to this all to common way of life much more challenging, and I enjoy challenges.

I love talking to people about things they get excited about, they pass that energy to me. Seriously, talk to the majority of people about what they like and they'll say "such-and -such football team" or " erm, shoes?!" or "Pop idol" but the majority have nothing that really stirs them (ok maybe sport was the wrong on to pick on :p).

Nothing is more rewarding than hearing someone describe, in detail, something that they deeply enjoy. You can just sit back, watch the look on their face, the movements they make, and feel the energy coming off them as they speak about it, or just sit there and think about it. It is even better to share the same interest, and touch base, passing the energy back and forth. A rare thing, but great when you can find it.

I find men who are passionate and know themselves very attractive, it doesn't matter to me if they're a bum or a millionaire as long as they have that strength to be different.

I suspect it's the same for many women. I can only assume many men find the same things attractive in a woman, but I don't know all men, nor do I know what they would find particularly attractive in that regard.

Possibly strayed from the subject there :rolleyes:

Perhaps, but you did manage to answer my question in the process, so no harm done.

Back
Top Bottom