Collectors who don't post here anymore....sadly

Stoned

Oh well...enough said
Well, three names spring to mind :

One is Mikael who now posts regularly on allyouneedismorrissey , another one is Roky who has disappeared. I remember him getting hold of so much stuff in a very short period of time and , when after a particular item, he used to write ......"will pay top dollars"......:lbf: and everydayislikesunday , a very nice guy!

Any others you can think of ?

Cheers Moz

There's just so much one can take from David Tseng's bullies.

the ones who come to mind for me are: peter n, jeff p, stefan r, rob r.....

these guys were the ones who got me into this obsession.

I don't know if this person ever posted here or not. Or maybe it's someone on here but I just don't know. But I was wondering about a guy named Paul that was from San Diego. In the early 90's, pre-internet days, he was like the Morrissey guru, at least to my friend and me. He was seemed to know everything back in the day. I think he won an auction from 91X for a lot of money where he got to meet Morrissey and he always knew which hotel Morrissey would be at, etc. Does this ring a bell, is he still around? I always wondered what happened to him.

I don't know if this person ever posted here or not. Or maybe it's someone on here but I just don't know. But I was wondering about a guy named Paul that was from San Diego. In the early 90's, pre-internet days, he was like the Morrissey guru, at least to my friend and me. He was seemed to know everything back in the day. I think he won an auction from 91X for a lot of money where he got to meet Morrissey and he always knew which hotel Morrissey would be at, etc. Does this ring a bell, is he still around? I always wondered what happened to him.

I am not sure if it is the same guy but I remember meeting a guy in the mid 90's that had a binder with his whole collection cataloged, basically it was like a hard copy of passions just like mine. Pictures, descriptions, etc... I would go through it and learn a lot from that to get an idea of what to look out for.

I remember going to Off The Record in San Diego and multiple stores in LA including one called Vinyl Fetish (anybody remember this place) and picking up a lot of rare items.

JEFF92, are you still in San Diego?

collectors don't come here anymore? I wonder why!!!

Maybe it's because DavidT and his gang of trolls viva hate, nothappynotsad and their puppy sidekick skylarker have been harassing people?

I'm in Orange County. I did live in SD for four years in the early 90's for college. That may be the same guy. I never saw his binder though, just met him at a few shows, record conventions, etc. He was pretty tall, kind thin. I think there was a girl he hung out with named Sarah that was a big Morrissey fan and collector too.

I am not sure if it is the same guy but I remember meeting a guy in the mid 90's that had a binder with his whole collection cataloged, basically it was like a hard copy of passions just like mine. Pictures, descriptions, etc... I would go through it and learn a lot from that to get an idea of what to look out for.

I remember going to Off The Record in San Diego and multiple stores in LA including one called Vinyl Fetish (anybody remember this place) and picking up a lot of rare items.

Does sundaymondaytuesday post here? That is his username on eBay, but he hasn't auctioned anything off in quite some time. Nice guy.

It's a shame no one posts any collectibles for sale, or even to show off, it's a passion of mine and came on here hoping to find a few rarities and learn few things. There should be more threads dedicated to rarities and what people own and so on. bigmouth 7" Dutch sleeve with blue writing, it's at the top of my checklist along with panic w/white lettering, not ones I'm likely to cone across anytime soon but would like to hear what other collectors are currently hunting.

It's a shame no one posts any collectibles for sale, or even to show off, it's a passion of mine and came on here hoping to find a few rarities and learn few things. There should be more threads dedicated to rarities and what people own and so on. bigmouth 7" Dutch sleeve with blue writing, it's at the top of my checklist along with panic w/white lettering, not ones I'm likely to cone across anytime soon but would like to hear what other collectors are currently hunting.

I've been meaning to get my whole collection photographed and cataloged just for my own reference, but I'll consider posting it here as well. I have to admit that I feel slightly intimidated by the breadth of others' collections! I became very lazy about collecting about 15 years ago (so pre-eBay), and I'm just now starting to get the itch to get back in the game.

I don't typically post for sale because I'm mostly a buyer. Eats shit on my bank account, but hey. Anyhow, I'd be happy to help you out with any info you need on a collectible, how rare they are (currently and historically, since I keep up) and where you may be able to find one. It would be nice if there were an active database of collectors and their current inventory, though you're more likely to see what's up for grabs at any moment go through eBay since the exposure is typically of more added bid value than the 10% final value fee is in savings value. As for current hunts, I don't think the 2014 RC was generally well-received and not everyone is adopting the appraisals. However I'd imagine any American TP's for Sire are pretty hot since you don't see them every day. Same thing obviously for Maykings, HIG negative sleeves, '83 HIG t/p's and the other usual suspects.

Sorry for the hijack! Resume...

Off the Record. I practically lived at the one in Hillcrest. It's such a shame what happened to it. The one by SDSU was cool too. Anybody remember going to Blue Meanie and, of course Lou's in Leucadia? Lou's has also been decimated, by the way.

Thanks for bringing back those memories though.

Anybody here remember the brothers who opened a record store on 30th St in North Park back in the late 90's?

One of them was the kid in the beginning of Who Put The M in Manchester DVD, the one wearing the Kenny Lane, Oye Esteban tour shirt.

Was it photos of the front and back of sleeves and of the labels? If so, that would be Michael Mahan.

Anybody here remember the brothers who opened a record store on 30th St in North Park back in the late 90's?

One of them was the kid in the beginning of Who Put The M in Manchester DVD, the one wearing the Kenny Lane, Oye Esteban tour shirt.

Oh yeah, Rob and Ati. I still see them from time to time. They had a lot of good moz/smiths stuff there. Are you still in SD? Rob DJ's a brit pop night at the Whistle Stop once a month.

Yeah, I practically lived outside the off the record in Hillcrest too. Didn't go to the one by SDSU as often as I probably should have. And yes, I do remember blue meanie.

--david

collectors don't come here anymore? I wonder why!!!

Maybe it's because DavidT and his gang of trolls viva hate, nothappynotsad and their puppy sidekick skylarker have been harassing people?

LOL, how come I'm just a puppy sidekick?

Oh, and also...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I do. Send me an email via my webpage (link below) and I will send it to you by private email.

Any chance of upping that pic to this page i'd like to see that. amazing theres always something new (to me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom