Corey Haim RIP

Wasn't Feldman the drug addict one? If so, I thought he'd have gone ages before Haim!

Feldman's characters were always portrayed as the wild ones. Haim's were the straight men, so to speak, the gentle kids who went along with the rougher boys' schemes. In real life, maybe the roles were reversed. Once Feldman's career prospects dried up, he probably played up the 'C-list bad boy' image to nurture whatever money-making opportunities he had. In this sense, Feldman's curse was that his role of a lifetime had to be continued for a lifetime, like a mortal oppressed by a malevolent Greek god. Haim's curse was that his came to an end. Feldman couldn't be himself, and remained in the public eye; Haim couldn't be anyone but himself, and all but vanished. O the humanity!

The two Corey's talk about The Lost Boys
[youtube]RP-ax-BugbQ&feature=PlayList&p=861F00093D80BF58&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

Jukebox Jury

Yeah, this is really sad news. I love him in Lucas as well as in The Lost Boys. He went through some really tough times in life, but seemed to be back on track and was supposed to be in a few movies this year. I feel terrible for his family and friends. His Mother was indeed with him at the time, but because he was suffering from flu-like symptoms, I guess she just thought he didn't feel well and that his complaint from not being able to breathe properly was from congestion.

I heard he had a fatal reaction to a new prescription drug he was taking.

:tears:

Yeah, this is really sad news. I love him in Lucas as well as in The Lost Boys. He went through some really tough times in life, but seemed to be back on track and was supposed to be in a few movies this year. I feel terrible for his family and friends. His Mother was indeed with him at the time, but because he was suffering from flu-like symptoms, I guess she just thought he didn't feel well and that his complaint from not being able to breathe properly was from congestion.

I heard he had a fatal reaction to a new prescription drug he was taking.

:tears:

i think he had a fatal reaction to his new g/f...supposedly Daisy, from Daisy of Love. :sick:

It's sad to see anyone who lives dumb and dies dumb.

But:

1984 Brian Livingston Preeti Nair
1985 Secret Admirer Jeff
Silver Bullet Marty Coslaw
Murphy's Romance Jake Moriarty
1986 Lucas Lucas
1987 The Lost Boys Sam
1988 License to Drive Les Anderson
Watchers| Travis Cornell
1989 Dream a Little Dream Dinger
1990 Prayer of the Rollerboys Griffin
1991 Fast Getaway Nelson Direct-to-video
Dream Machine Barry Davis
1992 Blown Away Rich
The Double 0 Kid Lance Elliot Direct-to-video
Oh, What a Night Eric Direct-to-video
1993 Anything for Love Chris Calder Direct-to-video
1994 National Lampoon's Last Resort Dave Direct-to-video
Fast Getaway II Nelson Potter Direct-to-video
1995 Dream a Little Dream 2 Dinger Holfield Direct-to-video
Life 101 Ramsy Direct-to-video
1996 Fever Lake Albert Direct-to-video
Shooter on the Side
Snowboard Academy Chris Barry
Demolition High Lenny Slater Direct-to-video
1997 Demolition University Lenny Slater Direct-to-video
Never Too Late Max
Busted Clifford Direct-to-video
2002 The Back Lot Murders Tony Direct-to-video
2007 Universal Groove Jim
2008 Lost Boys: The Tribe Sam Emerson Direct-to-video
2009 Crank: High Voltage Randy
Shark City Chip Davis
New Terminal Hotel Jasper Crash
American Sunset Tom Marlow
2010 Decisions Det. Lou Andreas

Television
Year Title Role Notes
1984–1985 The Edison Twins Larry Twenty-six episodes
1985 A Time to Live Peter Weisman Television film
1887 Roomies Matthew Wiggins Eight episodes
1998 Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal Research Project Intern Episode: "The Egress"
Merlin Wilf Television film
2000 Without Malice Marty Television film
2007–2008 The Two Coreys Himself Nineteen episodes

Don't see anything there that I ever cared about, or would be interested in checking out.

So: *shrug*

It's sad to see anyone who lives dumb and dies dumb.

But:

Don't see anything there that I ever cared about, or would be interested in checking out.

So: *shrug*
cmon dude Lost Boys is a classic and Lucas is pretty awesome for showing that not all jocks are evil :straightface:
lucas233.jpg

:thumb:

ps: plus "Lucas" is a really a babefest with Kerri Green, Courtney Thorne-Smith & Winona Ryder :love:
yes, I can talk about them that way, they are my age and older even then :p

Last edited:
cmon dude Lost Boys is a classic and Lucas is pretty awesome for showing that not all jocks are evil :straightface:
yes, I can talk about them that way, they are my age and older even then :p

That's a good point, Robby. "Lucas" was unusual in that it humanized jocks. The irony being: the jock in question was Charlie Sheen.

That's a good point, Robby. "Lucas" was unusual in that it humanized jocks. The irony being: the jock in question was Charlie Sheen.

its a pivotal film moment for me, I have a friend I made in high school named Jason and well, he was a dork, a loser you might say and some of the guys on the football team were gonna put him in a trash can and I got some of my teammates from the baseball team to help me stop them :)
also, thus establishing that baseball players are better people than football players :lbf:

its a pivotal film moment for me, I have a friend I made in high school named Jason and well, he was a dork, a loser you might say and some of the guys on the football team were gonna put him in a trash can and I got some of my teammates from the baseball team to help me stop them :)
also, thus establishing that baseball players are better people than football players :lbf:

That was awfully good of you.

Did you give the kid a varsity letterman's jacket, too? :rolleyes:

In high school I would gladly have rescued nerds if it meant scoring with a chick like Kerri Green. ;)

*sigh*

What happened to Kerri? That JPEG like a master class in thespianship. James Lipton would charge $5 just to let his students look at it on his iPhone.

His male students, I mean. While he was holding the iPhone over his crotch. Nude.

*sigh*

What happened to Kerri? That JPEG like a master class in thespianship. James Lipton would charge $5 just to let his students look at it on his iPhone.

His male students, I mean. While he was holding the iPhone over his crotch. Nude.

James Lipton is not so unlike Morrissey, then?

Wiki says she's a screenwriter in Hollywood.

James Lipton is not so unlike Morrissey, then?

Wiki says she's a screenwriter in Hollywood.

In Hollywood, the guy who picks up the trash is a screenwriter. The whore who works behind the 7-Eleven is a screenwriter. The grandmother who saw Jesus in her bowl of prunes is a screenwriter. Everyone out there's a screenwriter. In Green's case it could mean anything from "Making big dollars as an uncredited script doctor" to "Begging Corey Haim for extra Subway sandwich coupons".

In Hollywood, the guy who picks up the trash is a screenwriter. The whore who works behind the 7-Eleven is a screenwriter. The grandmother who saw Jesus in her bowl of prunes is a screenwriter. Everyone out there's a screenwriter. In Green's case it could mean anything from "Making big dollars as an uncredited script doctor" to "Begging Corey Haim for extra Subway sandwich coupons".

I know. And in New York, everyone's a novelist. Here in Chicago, we're all playwrights. I'm not kidding. I'm misplaced, I'm a "novelist" in Chicago. Should I move?

I know. And in New York, everyone's a novelist. Here in Chicago, we're all playwrights. I'm not kidding. I'm misplaced, I'm a "novelist" in Chicago. Should I move?

The greatest of all American novelists lived his whole life in Chicago. Couldn't be a better place. Also: fewer terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom