"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

M said they were offered $75 million dollars,if it was the original deal then it would be 7.5 million for rourke and joyce and 30 million each for M and marr,if only joyce had a crystal ball then he would now be rolling in it.

Mike would get 18.75 Million and he already is very well off.

Mike would get 18.75 Million and he already is very well off.
i said the original deal which was 10,10,40,40,so ten percent of 75 is 7.5.do you honestly think M would take the stage for a four way split and do you think mike joyce has over 7.5 million in the bank,its impossible to tell but i would hazard a guess on being a guest musician and occasional dj my answer would be no.

i said the original deal which was 10,10,40,40,so ten percent of 75 is 7.5.do you honestly think M would take the stage for a four way split and do you think mike joyce has over 7.5 million in the bank,its impossible to tell but i would hazard a guess on being a guest musician and occasional dj my answer would be no.

Morrissey has no choice, Mike gets 25% of everything related to The Smiths. Have you seen Mike's house, you can't buy a property like that unless you have plenty of cash.

Morrissey has no choice, Mike gets 25% of everything related to The Smiths. Have you seen Mike's house, you can't buy a property like that unless you have plenty of cash.
I haven't seen his house but I'm glad he's doing well.

M said they were offered $75 million dollars,if it was the original deal then it would be 7.5 million for rourke and joyce and 30 million each for M and marr,if only joyce had a crystal ball then he would now be rolling in it.
$70 million for him and Johnny, no mention of the others.

🤒

FH Mike get 0 money from Non UK royalties.:lbf:
thats why he is broke now that the money dumb Le :frogface:
gave him is gone. Poor wretch, has to resort to dubious auctions to eat.:tiphat:

We agree !!! :rock::love::)(y)

Just edited my post to add the only way around it would be to tour as Morrissey and Marr. New Order have a similar issue, Peter Hook gets money from NO new material and tour income even though he doesn't play on the albums or appear on stage with them.

Sorry Lawnmowers Moz is not going to tour your sorry selves.:rolleyes:
that includes the head Lawnmower :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: all need to get jobs.:straightface:
no new names for Moz, maybe the lawnmowers can tour pubs under
the name Fric Frac and Frog.:blushing: otherwise back on the dole.:mad:

so I guess no more talk of the new :frogface:ggy cd:)

I have to question this: Mike Joyce gets nothing related to publishing. I understand that this means he gets significantly less than 25% of the profit ‘The Smiths’ clear from any sales.

Have you read Autobiography? The Smiths are dead.

Yes but none of them had Morrissey as a front man. His outright stubbornness is his own worst enemy and you keep your enemies close which is why his stubbornness is also his best friend. Do I really need to explain why Morrissey is on a different plain altogether in comparison to the bands you've cited? I will anyway.

Floyd reunited for a one off Live 8 concert where millionaires pretend to 'End Poverty'. Ball eating begins. The Sex Pistols were punks and would do anything for money. People would be disappointed if they didn't sell out. Punk performs the unexpected always, which I guess is to be expected :) I can't be bothered with the eagles, beatles and police.

No one holds Ian Brown and John Squire up the same level of respectability as Morrissey and Marr. The Roses band members didn't sue each other. They were screwed by their record company and then grew apart because of drugs and egos. Thankfully they fell back in favour with each other at Mani's Mother's funeral. Brown is not known for having principles that would stop him from embarking on a reunion tour to make tons of cash to pay off his wife in their divorce which is why he did it. I believe their attempt to make a new album was a ruse.

I'll eat my balls when Morrissey and Joyce share the stage.

“No one holds Ian Brown and John Squire up the same level of respectability as Morrissey and Marr”

Perhaps it’s because I’m from Manchester, but my general experience is that The Smiths and The Stone Roses are equally revered.

I have to question this: Mike Joyce gets nothing related to publishing. I understand that this means he gets significantly less than 25% of the profit ‘The Smiths’ clear from any sales.

It's not clear - Judge Weeks found in favour of Joyce, ordering that he receive approximately £1 million in back-payments and 25 percent henceforth. Morrissey, without Marr, unsuccessfully mounted an appeal to the Court of Appeal (Civil Division) in November 1998.

“No one holds Ian Brown and John Squire up the same level of respectability as Morrissey and Marr”

Perhaps it’s because I’m from Manchester, but my general experience is that The Smiths and The Stone Roses are equally revered.

The affection for the Stone roses in Manchester is massive, their Heaton Park ticket sales were incredible. It would be interesting to see if there was as much interest in The Smiths.

All 150,000 tickets for the initial two Heaton Park shows sold out in a record 14 minutes. A third show scheduled for 1 July 2012 was promptly put on sale. In total, all 220,000 tickets for the shows sold out in 68 minutes - a record for a UK rock gig.

The affection for the Stone roses in Manchester is massive, their Heaton Park ticket sales were incredible. It would be interesting to see if there was as much interest in The Smiths.

All 150,000 tickets for the initial two Heaton Park shows sold out in a record 14 minutes. A third show scheduled for 1 July 2012 was promptly put on sale. In total, all 220,000 tickets for the shows sold out in 68 minutes - a record for a UK rock gig.
My instinct is that the interest now, in Manchester, wouldn’t match the clamour for those Stone Roses gigs.

My instinct is that the interest now, in Manchester, wouldn’t match the clamour for those Stone Roses gigs.

I tend to agree, they also sold out Wembley Stadium and Hampden Park in 2017 as well, I don't think a reformed Smiths could pull that off.

My wife (who isn't particularly interested in music) teaches Mani's kids and said to me he must be doing well for himself if he can send both of his kids to private school, I showed her a picture of him playing at Wembley, she was pretty shocked.

🧐

75 quid maybe:lbf:
Moz would decide who would be in the Smiths. Le:frogface: quit the group so none have any say:lbf:

why always trying to glue their sad selves to Moz why dont the 3 lawnmowers reunite for a suco cometry cd

:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom