"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Given he's been around recently on CS & Dog et al, I'd suggest some aspect of the 'reworking' or new instrumentation on this track is down to him.
Regards,
FWD.
You’re probably right. Thanks FWD!

I was hoping this version of That’s Entertainment might be a new, more raucous rendition, so I’m disappointed to note that it’s a slow, acoustic snooze-athon like his previous attempt.

After a couple of verses, I was about to switch it off when I noticed it was almost over; it seems even Moz was so bored of it that he couldn’t even be bothered to finish singing the whole song?

A decent version of That’s Entertainment might have persuaded me to pick this single up, but I definitely won’t be now. I love Morrissey singing Cosmic Dancer but this version with Bowie simply isn’t good; their voices just do not blend well & Bowie sounds awful.

I think the only reason this single exists is so that Morrissey could see his name next to his childhood hero’s on a record sleeve.

The Islington massive are revolting...

"Assented"...? As in what Popes & Monarchs do? Oh brother!

All the usual suspects in tow. How 'Saint David' would never have let this happen if he were still among his flock, etc {Have you seen the tat that DB LLC are spewing out every few months? This is classy in comparison}, 'Paint A Vulgar Picture' quotes-go-go, Disco Dave {who í suspect has been peeking hereabouts}

We even have someone with the handle 'Unicorntastic1' {!} claiming that she can tell from the cover photo what Bowie is thinking, and that he disapproves of this release and of Morrissey's problematicals. And of the world in general, presumably? If only David were still here to make everything all right..

í wish that í knew what Cattling Moron felt about it though.

All the usual suspects in tow. How 'Saint David' would never have let this happen if he were still among his flock, etc {Have you seen the tat that DB LLC are spewing out every few months? This is classy in comparison}, 'Paint A Vulgar Picture' quotes-go-go, Disco Dave {who í suspect has been peeking hereabouts}

We even have someone with the handle 'Unicorntastic1' {!} claiming that she can tell from the cover photo what Bowie is thinking, and that he disapproves of this release and of Morrissey's problematicals. And of the world in general, presumably? If only David were still here to make everything all right..

She's probably too busy churning out another column about having a cleaning lady...

I really miss Bowie.

I also miss Morrissey.

He's one of the worst.

It is true Bowie would have never assented to this release (nor would he have assented to the majority of his estate's recent releases) and while neither side of this single is a particularly appealing listen it's kind of charming that Morrissey is fulfilling a dream to release a record with Bowie on it.

The Bowie estate clearly disapproves so strongly that they're selling the 7" on the official website.

CosmicDancerBowieShop.jpg

Lots of tacky badges to choose from, too.

TackyBadge.jpg

And... socks. I'm glad Bowie always stayed indie and true to himself :lbf:

RockYourSocksOff.jpg

Why does Pete think Morrissey's trolling????

He's been spinning this line for 10 years - despite some pretty obvious signs that Moz does get himself overwrought about cows/the Queen's PR & is not great at social interaction.

20210219_104855.jpg

Also, lol. Look at him trying to protect the reputation of a star who did normal publicity & who hung about with the right people.

So much for the morality of it.

20210219_104907.jpg

Bowie was never "indie" or anti-commercial though, whereas Morrissey was (is?). So if you're making a point it's a very lazy one.
It's a joke. A very lazy one.

í can have both.

I feel bad I keep chucking David Bowie under the bus - but I think they're going to have to acknowledge that their beloved Rock Scene had some issues that they ignored while intensely word policing Morrissey because his difference made them feel uncomfortable.

Besides they're not ever going to let go of the Starman myth. It would only be a blip.

What exactly is the point of this pointless release?
None. Apart from kerching $$. I think the Bowie Moz duet is shit anyway, they aren't in sync with each other and I much prefer Moz doing in live himself on his own, as heard on the b-side of Preggers For The Last Time. Of course Marc Bolan's original version is the definitive one.

None. Apart from kerching $$. I think the Bowie Moz duet is shit anyway, they aren't in sync with each other and I much prefer Moz doing in live himself on his own, as heard on the b-side of Preggers For The Last Time. Of course Marc Bolan's original version is the definitive one.

I'm not sure it's even money... he wanted a single out & it's all he could get ok'd??????

They stumbled over the video footage by accident while cleaning out some old wardrobe back in Juli and naturally were enchanted by the supernatural beauty of it, which led to the impulsive idea of releasing it as a single ("Do you think it would be a hit?").

I really don't think there's more to it than that. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
They stumbled over the video footage by accident while cleaning out some old wardrobe back in Juli and naturally were enchanted by the supernatural beauty of it, which led to the impulsive idea of releasing this as a single ("Do you think it would be a hit?").

I really don't think there's more to it than that. I could be wrong.

And hilarious that the original unearthed Tim treasure has now been removed from SER's YT due to copyright concerns from WMG. The sheer slick professionalism of the whole affair buggers belief. The Dame would be in awe...

Does anyone still have it?

And hilarious that the original unearthed Tim treasure has now been removed from SER's YT due to copyright concerns from WMG. The sheer slick professionalism of the whole affair buggers belief. The Dame would be in awe...

Does anyone still have it?

I do.

Edit: https://we.tl/t-GroVOLNO8a

Guess this 'disclaimer' didn't suffice...? 😅

DC_Description_YT.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom