Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruel world

Personally find that disrespectful to Morrissey and the musicians in his band and I say that as someone who adored the first 3 albums by The Beat.
When he says Morrissey is on last what he really means is that Morrissey is headlining.
Has DW personally vetted the views and opinions of all the others artists on the bill to make sure they align with his ?

Not sure what NME are referencing.
I don't think there's been any further press information apart from Central & Cruel World.
It seems it might be conjecture as per Rolling Stone:

"Morrissey’s planned gig at the 2020 Cruel World was to mark the singer’s only U.S. performance in support of his then-new album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain; instead, Morrissey will likely perform tracks from his upcoming LP Bonfire of Teenagers, which he dubbed “the best album of my life.”"

Although quite plausible based on previous years.
Regards,
FWD.

My wife tells the story of going to the Move Festival in Manchester, Pixies were second on the bill, Stereophonics top. Stereophonics ended up playing to about ten people.

Moz didn't say anything !!!! NME lies!!. Adorable moz you should say something to lighten the dark.. Moz we wait for your words ,my Mozuchis will clarify things just have to wait . VIVA MOZ EL MAS GROSSO ❤️

Absolutely hilarious.
Quilloughby rocks up and everyone 4cks off. :laughing:

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Hahaha!!!!

More comments like these from other artists on the bill will be coming out soon, causing the fascist Moz to cancel his Cruel World appearances and speeding up the date of his death to after the first Vegas show.

Lame comment from The Beat but in what universe are they before PIL and The Damned on any bill ?????!

Lame comment from The Beat but in what universe are they before PIL and The Damned on any bill ?????!

pil will always have Lydon to boost there profile and the damned have really worked to keep up a profile in the us releasing albums and touring with newer bands

Dear Dave: I confess that I will arrive after your set. Put your money where your mouth is. Just boycott the festival and play in front of the usual 48 people at the Balboa Cafe.
Absolutely true. If Dave Weakling had the balls and integrity, he would lead by example, boycott the festival and not tell the audience what to do. Clown.

I reckon blood wacker take a piss tit. How is Moz Angeles the hometown of the Brittish Beat or whatever they are called? I reckon this Brit is talking shit about California's Son and claiming Moz Angeles as his hometown? I reckon if California Son hears this, he's gonna go all Hillbilly Jim on his ass. I reckon wtf is it with you foreign Brit people that makes you so loonie...is it all the Burger King you stuff you faces with or letting a ball falling from the sky hit you on the head and calling it a "sport"?
And yet you play a game with your hands and call it ‘football’?

I would not be happy if someone on a bill was reinforcing the idea that there was something so awful about one of the artists that the audience could leave before the end.

If they've got objections they shouldn't be involved.
To be fair, I didn’t read any objection in the message. In fact, it seemed quite dismissive of the ‘problem’ to me: ‘if you don’t like him, don’t watch him!’.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom