Dallas, TX - Majestic Theatre (Apr. 15, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by setlist.fm.

• BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN: Morrissey gets political at the Majestic Theatre by Keaton Bell (4 photos) - Red Dirt Report. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @drmprop / Instagram:

39909_dallas.jpg

Last edited:
It's a fake interview by that f***ing Blue Rose Society :head-smack:

I don't know who it's by but, yes, it is clearly fake (although I was fooled initially). Morrissey actually started saying some nice things about Bowie when most recently asked (before Bowie died). He'd hardly start viciously slagging him off now.
The comments about Albarn relate to his mid-1990s Britpop persona (mockney-cockney lager lout). Albarn is nothing like that in real life, and is one of the brainiest and most articulate people in pop.
He hasn't talked about Joyce for years, and he never mentions Gary Day in interviews. Otherwise, nice try!

He is wrong. There are some great artists emerging. As there always are in times of widespread political turmoil. He's always placed himself above others in terms of importance, which is disappointing, given that music and any art, really, is subjective to the tastes of the individual. I'm not saying that Miley Cyrus is high art, but to say dismiss any and all artists like he does is just ridiculous.

I do feel for older artists like him though, that lived through the old record company model, and the stone age pre-internet days.
It has to be tough, being wooed and courted by labels with fists full of cash and easy promotional opportunities
only to find yourself stranded and expected to do it without the support you're accustomed to.
He's a clever man, but not so much when it comes to adaptability. I suppose that's part of his charm, but also one of the things that makes him so frustrating. He's about as flexible as cement.

Just curious to check them out, which great artists are emerging? And which do you like?
Despite my Smiths/Moz fixation I think I am able to be touched by any other music.
Cheers

I don't know who it's by but, yes, it is clearly fake (although I was fooled initially). Morrissey actually started saying some nice things about Bowie when most recently asked (before Bowie died). He'd hardly start viciously slagging him off now.
The comments about Albarn relate to his mid-1990s Britpop persona (mockney-cockney lager lout). Albarn is nothing like that in real life, and is one of the brainiest and most articulate people in pop.
He hasn't talked about Joyce for years, and he never mentions Gary Day in interviews. Otherwise, nice try!

The Blue Rose Society is a bunch of rubbish. AVOID them. People should just laugh at it - but they have a mean streak and have done everything from harassing fans on social media who criticize how ridiculous their cult is to utter cruelty that led to a fan's suicide attempt earlier in the year.

At best they offer nothing but horrible parodies with jokes about fax machines and Mike Joyce. I think they just get most of their impersonations of Morrissey from old clips from The Importance of Being Morrissey and then exaggerate it tenfold. All old jokes. The 'interviews' are merely spliced together sentences from old Morrissey interviews and mock-Wildean wit, combined with their own bland notion of humor (jokes about Justin Bieber or Boz dripping BBQ sauce on papers, for instance). The impersonations are sub par but enough to fool people, at least on an emotional level. The majority of their 'signs' are about as lackluster as mediums appearing on the Geraldo Rivera show in the mid-90s - throw enough mud at the wall and something will stick. As for their predictions - they aren 't that accurate either. They slip up more than they ever get anything correct. If people really KNOW Morrissey they don't feel the need to go around bragging about what they know.

I don't really know what Simon's deal is and I don't really know him but it's really all rather tasteless and boring.

- Savant Guard

Funny how so many outlets are quick to report when Morrissey has a setback, but never when he triumphs. Do you really think The Wild Turkey didn't notice?

Just curious to check them out, which great artists are emerging? And which do you like?
Despite my Smiths/Moz fixation I think I am able to be touched by any other music.
Cheers
I like Sleaford Mods, Future Islands, Soviet Soviet, Nostalghia, Negative Scanner, The Secret Light, Coronation, and many more that I'm having a hard time thinking of this early into my cup of coffee. The thing about the new stuff coming out, is that you have to really be paying attention, and seek it out, because most of it won't be delivered to you like the old model did. I feel a great optimism about the present and future of music, but anything good will be forced to exist on the fringe, or released independently. Of course pop music/mainstream biz will be shoved in your face like a soda commercial. It's always been that way.

I'm personally thrilled with the proliferation of streaming services nowadays. It's made music immediately available to anybody, and more importantly, by anybody. The quiet kid down the block that you'd never pay attention to could be making and broadcasting a revolution from their basement, and in the old days, it might have never left the basement.

I'm personally thrilled with the proliferation of streaming services nowadays. It's made music immediately available to anybody, and more importantly, by anybody. The quiet kid down the block that you'd never pay attention to could be making and broadcasting a revolution from their basement, and in the old days, it might have never left the basement.

ABSOLUTELY!! Anyone that thinks there isn't ANY good music coming out nowadays hasn't been listening to any streaming services. I cannot tell you how many contemporary artists I have discovered via Pandora, Spotify, or SlackerRadio...

Streaming services tip...use the "thumbs down" function more than you use the "thumbs up" function, because then the streaming service will continue to look for "new" and "current" groups, instead of throwing groups at you that you already like.

I like Sleaford Mods, Future Islands, Soviet Soviet, Nostalghia, Negative Scanner, The Secret Light, Coronation, and many more that I'm having a hard time thinking of this early into my cup of coffee. The thing about the new stuff coming out, is that you have to really be paying attention, and seek it out, because most of it won't be delivered to you like the old model did. I feel a great optimism about the present and future of music, but anything good will be forced to exist on the fringe, or released independently. Of course pop music/mainstream biz will be shoved in your face like a soda commercial. It's always been that way.

Very much agree. Even services as basic and common as YouTube can be great for those who look. I found a band called hoops just by clicking a link on a whim and loved them. things like band tcamp to are a neat way that technology is fueling new music these days. Future islands are cool but I have to say that living in Baltimore

Still living the setlist...worth the travel hassle.

Attachments

• L 27 IMG_8118.jpg
    L 27 IMG_8118.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GG 83 IMG_8315.jpg
    GG 83 IMG_8315.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 0
  • I insta 19 IMG_8065.jpg
    I insta 19 IMG_8065.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Z 71 IMG_8222.jpg
    Z 71 IMG_8222.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 0
  • KK 93 IMG_8356.jpg
    KK 93 IMG_8356.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 0
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Excellent show again at the Majestic. Here's a few from outside.

There was a line around to the back of the building, never seen this before at the Majestic. And 4 tour buses and a semi truck and trailer to carry band and crew which consists of a 6th member now, a percussionist tucked behind the bass cabinets, shaking tambourines, etc. He was positioned between Boz and the bassist but was not introduced by Moz. Tough gig.

And the Majestic backstage is so small, all of the road cases were stacked out back for the concert goers' line to snake through. Great time, Moz and the band sounded great.

A sixth member? A percussionist or a percussionista? :)
Who is (s)he?
Thanks for noticing! :thumb:

Great new Moz interview here with some excellent quotes: FollowingTheMozziah.blogspot.com

"No current artists are capable of lacing my vegan shoes. I would dearly wish to duet with Shirley Bassey on Let Me Sing and I’m Happy. I find her infinitely fascinating. I always have and unless she is pictured with Joyce I always will."

"Streaming is the tomb into which artistic integrity will soon lower itself into. One has no emotional attachment to something that can be played at the click of a button and re-played, and re-played and re-played. It is unlikely that Sheeran or any of the other parade of PR popstars you have listed have ever spent their own money on music and therefore they devalue it completely. Rhianna would not pay $10 for her own album but she can sit at home, with the sound down on her electronic device, and listen to her own songs for as long as she wants. One wonders if streaming is a record company ploy which would explain why I am never streamed. Streaming is an easy victory. Have any of these people muttered or stuttered a single word of importance? Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut all those years ago and today I would be considered of greater importance than David Bowie or at least Limahl."

"The songs are there, the interest is not. I am not a complete slag and will not chase the labels, the labels must chase the artist. I am open to offers."
It's a spoof.

Great new Moz interview here with some excellent quotes: FollowingTheMozziah.blogspot.com

"No current artists are capable of lacing my vegan shoes. I would dearly wish to duet with Shirley Bassey on Let Me Sing and I’m Happy. I find her infinitely fascinating. I always have and unless she is pictured with Joyce I always will."

"Streaming is the tomb into which artistic integrity will soon lower itself into. One has no emotional attachment to something that can be played at the click of a button and re-played, and re-played and re-played. It is unlikely that Sheeran or any of the other parade of PR popstars you have listed have ever spent their own money on music and therefore they devalue it completely. Rhianna would not pay $10 for her own album but she can sit at home, with the sound down on her electronic device, and listen to her own songs for as long as she wants. One wonders if streaming is a record company ploy which would explain why I am never streamed. Streaming is an easy victory. Have any of these people muttered or stuttered a single word of importance? Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut all those years ago and today I would be considered of greater importance than David Bowie or at least Limahl."

"The songs are there, the interest is not. I am not a complete slag and will not chase the labels, the labels must chase the artist. I am open to offers."
Spoof

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom