Darling, i hug a pillow is awful

flosski

It's like a really badly produced 60's pop song with some awful lyrics.

i guess every moz album nowadays has some badly produced throw away tracks, thankfully compared to high school and world peace, his latest one only has one.

7/10 from me.

i just wish he would get somebody else to produce his records and get Mr Whyte back in his band.

i guess every moz album nowadays has some badly produced throw away tracks, thankfully compared to high school and world peace, his latest one only has one badly produced, badly written track.
The Secret of Music is pretty awful, don't you think? And waaay too long.

As I said in another thread the only part that made me want to listen again was the part towards the end with Moz singing ‘oh darling I” I’m the background. Probably my least favourite track too. Filler/b-side quality.

I thought the whole album was pretty dire... I don't mind the singles, and the synth on "Jim Jim..." was fun; but crikey are those lyrics tired.

I think the Tijuana brass is a bit of a masterstroke, but the song as a whole doesn't quite gel for me. Like many songs on this album it seems short of cohesion, with random sonic gimmicks thrown in to fill the gaping spaces/lack of lyrics. But it's still nowhere near as bad as anything on LIHS, so for that I'm grateful.

Everytime he sings “thankfully” I think he’s going to sing something else ? Anyone else?

i guess every moz album nowadays has some badly produced throw away tracks, thankfully compared to high school and world peace, his latest one only has one.

7/10 from me.

i just wish he would get somebody else to produce his records and get Mr Whyte back in his band.
I think the Tijuana brass is a bit of a masterstroke, but the song as a whole doesn't quite gel for me. Like many songs on this album it seems short of cohesion, with random sonic gimmicks thrown in to fill the gaping spaces/lack of lyrics. But it's still nowhere near as bad as anything on LIHS, so for that I'm grateful.

I only listened to the whole album once, and after a few more listens my thoughts may change on this.

I do like them, but ‘Knockabout World’ and ‘Darling’ May be my least favorites on the album. Yes you’re both right about a ‘60’s pop song’ and ‘Tijuana brass’

made me think of a Chris Andrews (Sandie Shaw) song and the brass on Cash’s ‘Ring of Fire’ which is one of the better things about ‘Darling’.

Though, the whole album is awesome, and don’t know why folks are not liking ‘Secret’ it’s odd and trancelike in a way, dreamy silly and a bit heavy.

I can’t wait to listen to it all again !

Keep safe everyone. :)

Last edited:
This song is ACE!

You're right. Although Jim Jim, River, Hurling and What Kind of People all grabbed immediately. The others take the rest of me more and more with each listen. Great album Moz.

Pillow is the best song on the album love his voice and the

Back
Top Bottom