David Bowie & Morrissey: "Cosmic Dancer (Live)" digital single & YT audio released today (November 13, 2020)

cosmic_dancer_live_tn.jpg

Today (his Mother's birthday), sees the first track from the Central-asserted single release.
There is currently no sign of the B-side or the upgraded Tim Broad video.
Should they appear later - see this thread for updates.
First appearing in Japan via YouTube and Amazon, the 'single' is now available for purchase in the UK and the audio is on YouTube.
Also via Amazon France, Germany and Italy etc. - although the US site isn't listing it currently.
It is also on Spotify and other services will undoubtedly follow.

The live video appeared later in the day:

Regards,
FWD.

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

full

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brief NME & Pitchfork article links re:single added to OP.
FWD.

Piccadilly Records are also now taking pre-orders, sorry I can't get the link to work on this new tablet! Interestingly, they are taking the money for the vinyl now but won't bill you for the cost of the postage until they are about to send it?

When all the world was very young is the opening line in the Bowie song Supermen from the LP The man who sold the world.

Last edited:
When all the word was very young is the opening line in the Bowie song Supermen from the LP The man who sold the world.
Yes.

"When all the world was very young
And mountain magic heavy hung
The supermen would walk in file
Guardians of a loveless isle
And gloomy browed with superfear
Their tragic endless lives could heave nor sigh
In solemn, perverse serenity
Wondrous beings chained to life"

At the the beginning, particularly, it seems as if Bowie isn't 'trying' all that hard. To say that Bowie has an awful voice, however, is a fallacy.

It really isn't, it's an awful voice. Not to say people can't like it, people like Leonard Cohen's voice too. But Bowie is a terrible singer.

It really isn't, it's an awful voice. Not to say people can't like it, people like Leonard Cohen's voice too. But Bowie is a terrible singer.
For me, Bowie's vocal performances on Young Americans and Diamond Dogs are outstanding; not to mention his version of 'Wild is the Wind'.

Alas, we will have to agree to disagree; after all, what isn't subjective.

I can't understand why people complain about Bowie, of course he can sing , he was a singer, don't let your hate blurry your ears. It's a live recording ...
It's not much different from what we've heard before, still highly appreciated. Don't like much the end when the drums begin I feel they're gonna play "dissappointed"
Amazing quality of the images (thanks FWD) the photograph by Linder is just remarkable , you can feel the moment, just brilliant.

FB Official:

The digital B-side gets no mention and it was probably just something that got miscommunicated via Central.
Of the stores linked to via pre-order, HMV lists the release as January 29, 2021...
Regards,
FWD.

I can't understand why people complain about Bowie, of course he can sing , he was a singer, don't let your hate blurry your ears. It's a live recording ...
It's not much different from what we've heard before, still highly appreciated. Don't like much the end when the drums begin I feel they're gonna play "dissappointed"
Amazing quality of the images (thanks FWD) the photograph by Linder is just remarkable , you can feel the moment, just brilliant.
Don't let your hate blurry your ears? What hate? I have zero against Bowie, if he was a good singer I'd love to listen to his stuff. But he's just, not. Like, again, sure people can like it. But he's just objectively a bad vocalist.
I think Bowie hoodwinked a lot of people into thinking he was a lot better than he was by his artistry, his image, style, even lyrics but the voice is just not there.

Don't let your hate blurry your ears? What hate? I have zero against Bowie, if he was a good singer I'd love to listen to his stuff. But he's just, not. Like, again, sure people can like it. But he's just objectively a bad vocalist.
I think Bowie hoodwinked a lot of people into thinking he was a lot better than he was by his artistry, his image, style, even lyrics but the voice is just not there.
Wasn't talking about you particularly. there are a lot of people who hate and others who just dislike Bowie. I am no vocal teacher to judge his vocalist skills but i can hear Bowie could sing. Now if you ask me about Bob Dylan I could say he's not the greatest vocalist but still he can sing.

Live video now up:

FWD.

Live video now up:

FWD.

'Officially' listed as shot on "6th February 1991"..? doh:

And odd that this would appear to be the only footage available, even though we can see a second camera shooting on the opposite side of the stage.

Live video now up:

FWD.

Remember he played with Moz in Aberdeen was then going to Glasgow for gig had tickets for the gig. Moz rightly pulled time singing with Bowie as he could not play out to his fans.Cancelled my Glesga tickets as liked Bowie however only one Moz and as stated by Moz very let down by his idol.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom