Davy Jones RIP

Very sad news! Loved the Monkees. Not sure why Morrissey said "when groups are no longer with us we become incredibly romantic about them, except in the case of the Monkees" when he was on "Hangin' With MTV" back in 92'. They are one of the most celebrated bands of the 60's. For those of you who are too young to remember, MTV started playing their show again and they were massive all over again in the 80's. Where where the Herman's Hermits during that period? Not mad about the comment just thought it didn't apply to them.

Re: Davey Jones dead

I'll say it again...Johnny Marr appeared on ITV news this evening to comment on the passing of The Monkeys' singer, Davy Jones. Writing songs that made people feel better for three minutes was a legacy to be proud of. : )

Still can't believe Davy Jones is gone! The Monkees were our heroes as very young kids. We all wanted to, " look like them". Their hair-cuts, bell bottoms, Sting Ray bikes with stolen baseball cards on the forks, the 60's! Andy Kimm on KOOL98.3.comm with dear Jennifer Scott about fond Monkees Memories!
Dear Mike, Peter and Mickey: Sorry you lost your friend, but Davys not gone.. Not really! The Monkees Music Lives Forever!

He lived in my area and we used to see him around town. I never spoke to him but people I know that have said that he was the nicest guy. He was always willing to stop and talk with fans.

Back
Top Bottom