Design and Name Morrissey's upcoming album

Tell me about it. Take a big drink & try again.

OR

1070138405_m.jpg

:cool:

I'm sure this topic has been done already, but another one won't hurt.

I have a pic to go with this but it's far too large to upload so I'll simply describe it :(

My vision, though some may not like it, for the new album is this...

Title: "The Arcane Old Wardrobe"

Cover: Morrissey sitting on a chair inside of a closet that's door is a little over half ajar. Moz is doing his usual half-smirk gazing upwards face. Amidst the clothes in the closet are various skeletons hanging on clothes hangers.

I see the cover as being a bit of Moz poking fun at himself and everyone...sitting in a closet....with skeletons about him. Anyway, that's my design. Anyone else care to think of one?

doesnt he pay someone to do this ....

Nothing says Morrissey more than a cockatoo eating a green onion. As for the title, I ran out of room. As for the medium, I can't afford to buy Illustrator at the moment so I had to old-school it. The photo doesn't do it justice. His name is completely cut out in one piece, I have a sore index finger as proof. Anyway, my take on a bored wednesday afternoon/early evening...

2139640649_36ac04b2b2_o.jpg

Nothing says Morrissey more than a cockatoo eating a green onion. As for the title, I ran out of room. As for the medium, I can't afford to buy Illustrator at the moment so I had to old-school it. The photo doesn't do it justice. His name is completely cut out in one piece, I have a sore index finger as proof. Anyway, my take on a bored wednesday afternoon/early evening...

2139640649_36ac04b2b2_o.jpg

I'm not a bird person, but I reckon that's an excellent rendition of a cockatoo! :) They eat green onions? :eek:

It's actually impossible to guess Morrissey album names because other than "Maladjusted" (his only single word title) and "Southpaw Grammar," already a fairly obscure expression before Morrissey popularised it, they don't exist as phrases before he creates them. Who would've thought anything close to "You Are the Quarry" or "Ringleader of the Tormentors"? The former especially had people (dare I say mainly Americans and non-native English speakers) scratching their heads.

Anyway, the thread is about coming up with your own creations. The cockatoo cover gave me an idea:

"And the Title Goes To..."

Hmmm. Morrissey and blackletter.

I'm not a bird person, but I reckon that's an excellent rendition of a cockatoo! :) They eat green onions? :eek:

Yep. And whipped cream. She loves whipped cream.

I hasten to point out that I hand cut out his name. Not that it makes the design any more appropriate or better, I just wanted to point out my utter dedication to the cause and for a mockup no less!!! Really, he should be sending me flowers and candies and a copy of illustrator. And his luscious body. And a copy of photoshop. And his luscious body also.

I see his name in script, the title in sans serif. I love futura.

2141736131_9806d5da8d.jpg

I hasten to point out that I hand cut out his name. Not that it makes the design any more appropriate or better, I just wanted to point out my utter dedication to the cause and for a mockup no less!!! Really, he should be sending me flowers and candies and a copy of illustrator. And his luscious body. And a copy of photoshop. And his luscious body also.

That is really incredible. What an artist you are. ;)

Baby. Maybe that should be the title of Morrissey's new album.

Now this, my friends, is a quiff.

2054336148_3d2f0704c6.jpg

HAHAAAAA can I come over for a visit when all that arrives? I'll bring more whipped cream...for Baby, I mean!

That is really incredible. What an artist you are. ;)
Crystal, didn't you once do some pen drawings in the Frink Thread? I think you need to resume your drawing career pronto!

Now this, my friends, is a quiff.

2054336148_3d2f0704c6.jpg
LOL cute! And I don't even like birds!!!

Birds bite. There's a good reason not to like them. You just have to work around their schedules and preferences then they're actually lovely company.

Back
Top Bottom