Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston officially postponed

Check out the website for Detroit.

UPDATE 8:40PM PT:

hndinglove posted:

Chicago is also officially postponed until Dec. 10:

UPDATE 9:05 PM PT:

Official word on Houston from Charlie via email:
White Oak Music Hall has been postponed to Fri. Dec. 16.

UPDATE Nov. 23:

Posted by Vegan:
Cleveland rescheduled for Dec 9
http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/morrissey

UPDATE Nov. 23, 10:35 AM PT:

Dallas moved to Dec. 14 according to AXS:

http://www.axs.com/events/328682/morrissey-tickets

Also, an email from the Majestic Theatre:

The Nov. 17 show in San Antonio at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts has been moved to the Majestic Theatre on Saturday, December 17. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, November 30 at 10 a.m.

Fans who purchased tickets for the postponed show on November 17 will receive access to a presale offer from the Tobin Center via email on Tuesday, November 29th at 8 a.m.

UPDATE Nov. 23 10:55AM PT:

Link from an anonymous person:

CONFIRMED - true-to-you.net
23 November 2016

Wednesday December 7 DETROIT Royal Oak Music Theater
Friday December 9 CLEVELAND State Theater
Saturday December 10 CHICAGO Aragon Ballroom

Wednesday December 14 DALLAS McFarlin Memorial Auditorium
Friday December 16 HOUSTON White Oak Music Hall
Saturday December 17 SAN ANTONIO Majestic Theater

All tickets bought for original dates will be honored at the re-scheduled dates.

39432_images_1_copy.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
at least he let us know the day before...hopefully he doesn't cancel the newly scheduled shows

Gosh - glad I stumbled upon this update here - I've received no notification from the venue or ticket vendor...?! :(

Houston rescheduled. Forwarded email from Charlie:

Due to a member of the Morrissey touring party's illness, and a full recovery is expected shortly, last week's shows have been postponed:

The Nov. 19th show at the White Oak Music Hall has been moved to Friday, December 16.

There is nothing you need to do except to mark your calendars for Friday December 16th as your current tickets are still valid for the new show date. If you are unable to make the new date, then please go to http://www.stubwire.com/help/ and fill out the online contact us form saying you are unable to make the rescheduled date and we will get your refund processed right away.

Thanks,
WOMH, Pegstar.net & StubWire.com

And the scores on the doors so far are !
Solo 10 points whilst true 2 nobody remains on 4ck all points !
Well done Solo keep up the good work :ahhh::clap::bow::highfive::tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

a sensible post for once from BENJAMIN, THE UNITED KINDOM,, MEATSLICER.

Hate to point out the obvious, but how did we go from:

"21 November 2016
Dear Ms Barra,
As I head to Detroit to play the Royal Oak Music Theatre.. "

To it being cancelled a day later - especially as a sick colleague was already a given.
For the gig now on the 16th - fair play to Boz as he has a Christmas party in London the next day and I suspect I will be buying a drink for a very tired person.
Curiouser and curiouser said...
FWD.

(I have Cleveland tickets and haven't seen or heard anything official from the venue here, for the record.)

I have tickets as well for Cleveland and I have seen nothing mentioned yet, I emailed venue.

Official email RE RO - well over 18 hours' notice! :eek: Uses the same strange "and a full recovery is expected shortly" phrasing as elsewhere:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Your Event Date has Changed
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:40:05 -0800

To view this email as a webpage, go here.
royaloak-email-header.jpg

Your event DATE has changed!
spacer.gif

2016-11-22

Hi xxxxxxx,

Due to a member of the Morrissey touring party's illness, and a full recovery is expected shortly, this week's shows have been postponed:

The Wednesday, November 23, 2016 show at the Royal Oak Music Theatre has been moved to Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM. All tickets purchased will be honored at the postponed date.

If you are unable to attend this new date, refunds will be available at your original point of purchase until 7:00 PM on Wednesday, December 7.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Royal Oak Music Theatre Box Office by email at [email protected], or by phone at (248) 399-2980 x 13.

Hate to point out the obvious, but how did we go from:

"21 November 2016
Dear Ms Barra,
As I head to Detroit to play the Royal Oak Music Theatre.. "

To it being cancelled a day later - especially as a sick colleague was already a given.
For the gig now on the 16th - fair play to Boz as he has a Christmas party in London the next day and I suspect I will be buying a drink for a very tired person.
Curiouser and curiouser said...
FWD.

The letter was sent out before the cancellations

Why do I feel that you have to have an IQ above 130 to figure out if Morrissey is going to cancel?. This could have been a case study in inductive reasoning.

It would be helpful if Gustavo posts that he is ok to play again.

Ah, lovely, the rescheduled Chicago dates coincides with my trip to London. And thanks to Ticketmaster for the postponement notice they never sent. If your head is buried in the sand, have fun at the Brawlroom on Sunday by yourself.

The letter was sent out before the cancellations
The letter was dated the day after Sam let the cancellation 'rumour' slip - meaning there was good prior knowledge. I still find it odd to be writing a letter to someone who's town you won't be in for a couple of weeks - kind of lessens the impact. But, hey, what do I know.
Regards,
FWD.
(People do know that you can be a life long fan and still be critical and question things don't they!?).

I just got another email from AXS saying that Dallas/McFarlin is cancelled. (They had previously emailed on 11/15 with a cancellation notice, so there must be a lot of confusion.)

Email from the Majestic Theatre:

MORRISSEY RESCHEDULES SAN ANTONIO PERFORMANCE

FOR SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17, 8PM

AT THE MAJESTIC THEATRE

IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE

TOBIN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS

Tickets on sale Wednesday, November 30 at 10 a.m.

For Immediate Release – Due to a member of the Morrissey touring party's illness, and a full recovery is expected shortly, last week's shows have been postponed: The Nov. 17 show in San Antonio at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts has been moved to the Majestic Theatre on Saturday, December 17. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, November 30 at 10 a.m.

Fans who purchased tickets for the postponed show on November 17 will receive access to a presale offer from the Tobin Center via email on Tuesday, November 29th at 8 a.m.

Tickets will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets, including the Majestic Theatre Box Office, online at ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at 800.745.3000. All tickets subject to applicable service charges and fees.

Dallas went on pre-sale at noon.

Regular sale goes on at 3 PM Central.

I had no idea, if not for the swift action of a good friend.

Link from an anonymous person:

CONFIRMED - true-to-you.net
23 November 2016

Wednesday December 7 DETROIT Royal Oak Music Theater
Friday December 9 CLEVELAND State Theater
Saturday December 10 CHICAGO Aragon Ballroom

Wednesday December 14 DALLAS McFarlin Memorial Auditorium
Friday December 16 HOUSTON White Oak Music Hall
Saturday December 17 SAN ANTONIO Majestic Theater

All tickets bought for original dates will be honored at the re-scheduled dates.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom